Hacking Removing screen protectors (not sure if Hori)

shaoranm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys!

Well, I placed a screen protector I bought at a techie store here in Japan about 6 months ago, but due to over-stylusing (if there's even a term like that), the screen protector is all scratched up in the middle, and it gets this "scratching" sound when I pat my dog (Nintendogs). And I think it might have stuck too well, coz I can't seem to get it out to replace it (with a new screen protector).

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.

guzh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Use scotch tape to help you lifting the "well-stickied" screen protector. Use it at the egde of the screen protector, then lift it up slowly.

It's works for me, while I'm using TAKU screen protector. But, works fine too for HORI.

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've already gone through 3 screen protectors: the first two were doomed from the beginning due to dust and hair covertly creeping under the sticky plastic during the application.

Each time I need to remove the screen protector, for cleaning or adjustments and suchlike, I've found that using the tube nozzle that comes with those cans of compressed air does the trick. Pushing the tube nozzle at one of the corners lifts up the protector just enough to grip it.

shaoranm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've already gone through 3 screen protectors: the first two were doomed from the beginning due to dust and hair covertly creeping under the sticky plastic during the application.

Each time I need to remove the screen protector, for cleaning or adjustments and suchlike, I've found that using the tube nozzle that comes with those cans of compressed air does the trick. Pushing the tube nozzle at one of the corners lifts up the protector just enough to grip it.

that actually did the trick, thanks!

now to buy a screen protector.
biggrin.gif

does those stuffs expire? im planning on just buying a bunch...

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow man... I've been using HORI screen protection for ages, even on my old Phat DS that my brother has nowadays. And you know what? There's not a single scratch :S

Anyway, good luck with the new ones!
wink.gif

P.S. Not that it matter much, but out of curiosity, are you from Japan or the Philippines? Your little info-box with the Pine's flag but also saying you're from Japan has me extremely confused.
tongue.gif

shaoranm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow man... I've been using HORI screen protection for ages, even on my old Phat DS that my brother has nowadays. And you know what? There's not a single scratch :S

Anyway, good luck with the new ones!
wink.gif

wish I could say the same for me, I tend to go overboard when I'm into it.
tongue.gif

P.S. Not that it matter much, but out of curiosity, are you from Japan or the Philippines? Your little info-box with the Pine's flag but also saying you're from Japan has me extremely confused.
tongue.gif
I'm actually from the Philippines, but right now, I'm in Japan. I was sent by the company for a project.

Hope that clears the confusion.
biggrin.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you can find them, the brando screen protectors (http://shop.brando.com.hk) are actually a bit easier to install (in my opinion), are cut to the perfect size (unlike the hori ones which are a bit smaller than the actual lcd size) and seem to hold up extremely well.

those differences aside, the main problem that I had with the hori screen protectors was the thick, stiff plastic that they came mounted on in the package. that stiff plastic backing made it hard to "roll" the actual screen protector onto the lcd panel of the ds lite without getting air bubbles trapped under it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night