Hacking Removing Screen Protecters off DSLite..

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can try the tape method.
Just tape on and tape off a corner,
and eventually it'll stick to the tape, then you can peel it off.

If it doesn't work, I use a pin to do it.
Careful not to scratch your screens though.

xjuniorx

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So what your telling me is get a piece of tape and tape it to the corner then when its sticked i slowly peel off?? Ill try that and as for the pin..i dont wanna try i might scratch the screen.

Ive had this DS Lite for like 2 months and its like perfect! nothing dirty!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well, since you're replacing the old screen protectors with new ones, you wouldn't care if you damage your old one, right? Unless you're keeping it for something else. I think the best way to remove the old one would be using the edge of a thin, hard sheet of plastic (like from a clear plastic box or something). It might damage the sticky bit on the old protector a little, but at least it won't damage your screen like a pin might.

I have tried the tape method but it never seems to work for me.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanted to remove my horis to get rid of some dust but just cant get em off with tape so they have stayed for past 6 months

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
They're officially supported accessories by Nintendo. Well the real ones anyway, not the bootlegs.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabjab said:
i wanted to remove my horis to get rid of some dust but just cant get em off with tape so they have stayed for past 6 months

It can be kind of difficult, but my girlfriend perfected a way to do it. Cut off a piece of tape that is about two inches longer than the width of your ds lite screen. Place it along the bottom edge of the screen protector leaving an inch overlap on each side(this gives you something to pull on one end and ensures that the jagged ends of the tape don't touch your horis or the screen). Press on the tape edge to edge so that you get good contact with the protector and pull at one end. It should peel up easily. =)

Gian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xjuniorx said:
Also why are Hori so good?

They keep it real official and clean.
Easy to get on and peel off.
Feels as if they aren't there, etc.

Usually, as long as you can put in a protector w/o dust, then its good.
I use Horis myself, though, haha.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no. I actually got that SCDS1, 2gb Kingston, Hori kit from leetmod and the protectors are fakes. The rest of the kit is legit and I already have horis so it was no biggie. Dealwoot claims to sell genuine Horis and they included some with my Cyclo purchase. It should be here on Thurs and I can let you know if they are real.

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gian said:
If it helps, Target stores sometimes have Hori Screen Protectors in stock.

True. Not all stores carry them though. Look em up and see if your local Target has them.

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skagamer said:
Unfortunately, no. I actually got that SCDS1, 2gb Kingston, Hori kit from leetmod and the protectors are fakes. The rest of the kit is legit and I already have horis so it was no biggie. Dealwoot claims to sell genuine Horis and they included some with my Cyclo purchase. It should be here on Thurs and I can let you know if they are real.
The Hori's I got from LeetMod were legit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night