Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
post count serves no propose other than people posting more (mostly uselss stuff) to get a higher count.
Some also seem to confuse people with high post counts with people who know more.

Therefore I think it's a good idea to remove post count, it would reduce the amount of useless posts.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in some ways the post count IS important.

For example, you must have at least 100 posts to access the Trading forum.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats stupid. No one on Gbatemp care about there post counts.... They only make useless threads to entertain them selves. And for lazy people not to search and just post like me.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
in some forums
posts can be used in different way
use a X # of post to change your name
use a X # of post to change your Title

then removed them from you post cont after the changed is made

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
postcount IS saying something about how much someone knows, because almost every question is asked by people with a low postcount...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I dont think post counts should be removed, people with the mentality of spamming with the sole intention of increasing post count will do so regardless. As will the lazy and the n00bs. All the better members here care very little about their post count, but its nice for them to have that gauge so they can see their milestones here,, like 1000 posts 3000 and so on.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it should stay. Postcount on it's own isn't much use, but putting post count and join date together can tell you a lot about who you're talking to. For instance, a member who's been here for years but has a very low postcount is more likely to post something worth saying than spam. Whereas someone with thousands who joined 2 months ago is probably worth ignoring
smile.gif
It depends on the individual of course, but it's an okay approximation when you don't recognise the name.

Stang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post count is important, especially in the Wii sections. The first thing I check when there is a link to dl is post count......to many noobs posting potentially bad .wads and such. It may be just a mental thing, but I trust somebody with 500 posts far more then somebody who signed up yesterday with 4 posts.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should stay because it actually shows how long a person has been here and how long he's been posting me before I came here my grammar and spelling was horrible which is something I noticed and considering that I pay more attention to the people who have post counts It actually gave me a sense of realization that I had more responsibility and should do a better job on what I do.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think post count should be used the same way. For example, you need a certain amount of posts to enter the trading section, etc. However, I don't think it would be a bad idea to somehow make it so that other users cannot see your own post count. It doesn't serve much purpose.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think removing would cause more useless posts. People would be creating thread after thread asking where there post count went. Hiding post counts could work but it should be more of an optional thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.