Homebrew Removing Intro Music in Home Menu When Selecting Game Title

Hucz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Luma CFW and my 3DS is hacked. Is there anyway I can remove the music/sound that plays on a 3DS game's title screen when I'm in the Home Menu? The sound that plays is annoying and I prefer to listen to the background music that my custom theme has. Ideally, the short sound that plays when you hover over a folder would be a nice replacement. I don't care how much work this would take, I don't have a ton of titles that I want to do this to, so even if it means I have to do this for every game, I'm up for it. But if there's a simple, one time method to do it for all games/titles, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been answered already in another thread! I searched and couldn't find anything on this matter.

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma CFW and my 3DS is hacked. Is there anyway I can remove the music/sound that plays on a 3DS game's title screen when I'm in the Home Menu? The sound that plays is annoying and I prefer to listen to the background music that my custom theme has. Ideally, the short sound that plays when you hover over a folder would be a nice replacement. I don't care how much work this would take, I don't have a ton of titles that I want to do this to, so even if it means I have to do this for every game, I'm up for it. But if there's a simple, one time method to do it for all games/titles, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been answered already in another thread! I searched and couldn't find anything on this matter.

I keep a copy of https://themeplaza.eu/item/254 installed in my themes and then just overwrite the BGM of whatever theme I installed first with this one.

It removes the music from the theme, probably because there is no music file for that theme. Im sure there's a cleaner solution, but it's been the best way that i've figured out since all you need to do is install the BGM over after you just installed the theme you want.

Forgot to mention that I do this using anemone3ds, if you don't already have it installed.

Last edited by trecko1234,
Reactions: Hucz

Hucz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It removes the music from the theme, probably because there is no music file for that theme. Im sure there's a cleaner solution, but it's been the best way that i've figured out since all you need to do is install the BGM over after you just installed the theme you want.
Sorry that's not what I meant! I actually want the background music, in fact I only want the BGM. Not the sound that plays over top of the BGM when I'm scrolling through my game tiles. The unique sounds/music that plays for each individual game/app when it's title is displayed on the top screen, right before you start it. Does that make sense? Sorry, I can see how my wording can be interpreted differently, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to describe what I am looking to do! :P

Last edited by Hucz,

trecko1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry that's not what I meant! I actually want the background music, in fact I only want the BGM. Not the sound that plays overtop of the BGM when I'm scrolling through my game tiles. Does that make sense? Sorry, I can see how my wording can be interpreted differently, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to describe what I am looking to do! :P
It doesn't really make sense. Do you mean the jingle that plays when you hover over a title? If so I think the only way to remove that is by extracting the cia contents, remove the sound file/replace it with a blank one, then repacking and reinstalling.

Reactions: Hucz

Hucz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't really make sense. Do you mean the jingle that plays when you hover over a title? If so I think the only way to remove that is by extracting the cia contents, remove the sound file/replace it with a blank one, then repacking and reinstalling.
Yeah that's what I meant, and yeah I figured it would be that. I was hoping maybe there was something in the firmware or Home Menu code that I could edit and get it to not play the sound. But your suggested method should theoretically work. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: