Removing HBC and all modifications from Wii Mode

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Rukumouru, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Rukumouru
    OP

Rukumouru Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    Hello everyone!

I have a Nintendo Wii U that has some modifications done in its Wii Mode. I would like to know: Is it possible to, besides uninstalling the Homebrew Channel, also uninstalling any cIOS and returning the Wii U's Wii Mode to an unmodified, homebrew-disabled state?

Any help you can give me with this is greatly appreciated! :)

(Wii U is from PAL Europe region, if that matters.)

2. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
  3. Rukumouru
    OP

Rukumouru Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    If it's not possible to "remove all traces of homebrew", I just want to get it as close as it can. How would I go about doing that? (uninstalling cIOS, etc)

Thanks again!

4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Do you have to ship it to Nintendo? They can tell regardless of what you try to hide

5. Rukumouru
    OP

Rukumouru Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    No, it's going to be a gift for people who are not so technically minded, and I'd rather put as many barriers as possible for them to screw something up.

6. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Honestly I'd just uninstall HBC and call it a day. Leaving the cIOSes in isn't going to make much of anything easier or harder for them should they get as far as installing HBC on their own.

Margen67 and TeamScriptKiddies like this.
  7. Rukumouru
    OP

Rukumouru Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    I really, really doubt they have the know-how to install HBC to begin with, but I want to make sure they won't blame me for whatever happens to this, since it's out of warranty anyway from how old it is.

I'll just do that if there's nothing else that can be done, but if there's anything else that can be done, I'd love to know how.

Thanks again for your replies :)

8. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    There are ways to remove cios, but the chances of something going wrong in the process is high, which is why people are recommending you not fiddle around with removing things. The required apps can also horribly damage your vWii to the point of it not working any more. The safest thing to do to accomplish what you want is just uninstall the HBC.

9. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    What about never installing the HBC and just launching the exploit hack every time you want to do homebrew and load everything off of an SD or USB or external HDD?

10. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    too late for that... did you read the OP?

11. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    I was more asking because I have not yet homebrewed my Wii.

12. Rukumouru
    OP

Rukumouru Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2014
    In the end, I simply uninstalled the HBC and formatted the Wii System memory. That should remove all traces of usable homebrew as far as the end-user is concerned, so I guess that's good enough.

Thank you everyone for your help!