Hacking Removing Brawl Copy Protection.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,675
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So, yeah, I went googling for how to remove protections on wii savegames using your PC.
It said you needed a hex editor and FE100, downloaded those.
You should edit 0x07 in banner.bin on a normal wii save, which it unfortunately didn't contain.

Does anyone know what file I need to edit, and what offset in it I need to edit using the hex editor.
Any help will be appreciated :)

On the sidenote, the files I got from Unpacking Data.bin from RSBP are:

###banner###.ppm
###icon###.ppm
###title### (No file type shown :/)
advsv0.bin
advsv1.bin
autosv0.bin
autosv1.bin
collect.vff
net0.bin
net1.bin
wc24pubk (Some movie file-thingy)

Thank you in advance,
JeroenKoenders

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fe100 is based on segher's wii git, which ignores/tosses out the few attribute bytes in saves. instead of that banner.bin, it creates all those ### files. youll need to use a different save tool to get the banner.bin for editing. however, when segher's tools, and i suppose any ones that are based off it, are used to pack up a save, they write all 0x00 for those bytes that they dropped off when unpacking.

these are the attributes for "nocopy" and "animation type", followed by the speeds used for animations. since these are all written as 0, i think it should remove the nocopy for you accidentally.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm nearly positive that there are guides etc. posted on GBAtemp and elsewhere for this, specifically changing Brawl's save region. Smashboards or Smashwiki might also be good resources.

The "nocopy" flag isn't the only thing that needs to be changed. IIRC a region code and CRC32 checksum are used somewhere in the save, and you need to change them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father