Removing a game completely

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by taggart6, Jun 7, 2016.

1. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I installed Senran Kagura 2 a while back and the game keeps crashing at the start of 1 chapter. I tried removing and reinstalling the CIA from different sites both USA and EUR. Crashes in the same spot each time. I went ahead and removed the game, save data, dlc, and and additional content using the Nintendo 3ds management tools.

However, I'm still getting streetpass hits for the game. Any idea why this is or whats going on?

2. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    Did you look in the SD card itself for any fragments of data?

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Any installed data including homebrew applications can be removed in the data mangement of the settings.

I beat this game a long time ago but I had no idea it had streetpass, wonder what it offered? I'd like an answer on this if possible please.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You must have forgotten to disable StreetPass before removing the game.
    The thing is, games that have been played even once on the console will receive StreetPass hits as long as StreetPass is enabled for that game. SpotPass can be disabled per-game in System Settings, I don't think StreetPass can however.
    Anyway, StreetPass and SpotPass work with cartridges, which relies on them working even when the game in question is not actually available on the console.

Ryccardo likes this.
  5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The opposite: there's an option under the green tab of settings for streetpass, while you can turn off spotpass for notification-generating titles from notifications! :)

6. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Thanks! Disabled street pass and I think it went ahead. On a side note, is there way to verify that all traces of a game have been removed?

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Once you:
    disable spotpass (preferably ingame),
    streetpass (whatever way),
    uninstall the title (any app manager including system settings is fine),
    remove the ticket (fbi2 is unfortunately the only option as of today),
    use godmode9 to delete your Diary app's and PTM driver's save (to clear your activity log),
    and optionally reset your icon cache

there will be no more traces left of that application... I think! :D

8. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles

Thanks! How do I access the correct diary app and PTM driver for the game I want to uninstall? Can this be done with safemode9 as well? Alos, how do I reset the icon cache?

9. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well they were nitpicks, once you remove the files and the ticket you've already removed any previous state for that software (and honestly a bad ticket wouldn't even cause your original problem), but since you asked:

-You can find those two titles' saves on internal storage: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData
    -safemode9 is a needlessly crippled version of gm9 that has little reason to exist in my opinion (if you don't need internal storage, ctrxplorer has more features)
    -You can do a full reset of Home (boot with l+r+down+b) or do some manual extdata editing I don't remember right now!

10. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    You basically exchange your profile info (name, favorite character, selected clothes for this character, etc...). Not very useful, but still nice :P

11. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Hmm...I porbably don't have to go that overkill. I've already removed the game, dlc, saves, and tickets mutliple times but still no go. I've tried both region versions of the game and I even replaced SD and no change. Ugg...I have no idea what could be causing this.