Hacking Removing 3DS updates by Formatting System Memory

Will formatting system memory (deleting everything) reset the 3DS back to it's original version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade Tempest

Flying First Stike Bob-omb Force
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this huge problem and what happened was this:

Okay, so I never update my 3DS but its connected to the internet, so it nags me every day, and I always say no. But then one day, I went on my 3DS and saw it it was already updated, even though I never eve pressed yes. I soon found out that it was my cousin. See, I let them play games on my 3DS. I've owned it for a really long time, and now, it's freaking ruined. THE WORST PART IS, THAT MY COUSIN HAD NO REASON TO UPDATE IT, AND THEY CAN MAKE INTELLIGENT DECISIONS, THEY DON'T EVEN CARE. I even asked, and all I got in response was a silent shrug. My rage is SO HIGH RIGHT NOW.

SO now, I'm wondering if formatting system memory, will reset my 3DS back to it's former version, or this the system update permanent and I'm screwed forever because I was actually nice and let somebody play my 3DS.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
lol, what's the need of a poll for this?

I'm sorry for you... I would punch him for doing that or at least make him give you a monetary compensation.

Shade Tempest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, wow, this is really bad. Yeah, I'm permanently screwed. Okay that's all. I can never get another 3DS. My only hope now, is that the hacking community eventually becomes advanced enough to be able to deal with this version now.

Anyway, is it possible to system transfer a 6.3.0- 12U 3DS to a older version 3DS? If, not, it's fine, and doesn't matter anyway because I won't be getting a older version 3DS.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, wow, this is really bad. Yeah, I'm permanently screwed. Okay that's all. I can never get another 3DS. My only hope now, is that the hacking community eventually becomes advanced enough to be able to deal with this version now.

Anyway, is it possible to system transfer a 6.3.0- 12U 3DS to a older version 3DS? If, not, it's fine, and doesn't matter anyway because I won't be getting a older version 3DS.

It may be possible once EmuNAND gets released to the public, but it's still unsure.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To system transfer you need to have internet access which means the latest firmware. Sorry, you're out of luck.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
what's your current firmware..?
If its over 4.5, get new one asap as BlackFriday/Cyber monday/Boxing day/Christmas sell might screw you more badly.

Shade Tempest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The poll is if you're too lazy to post and just wanted to hit a button... but it's kind of useless now.

Also, I'm screwed, end of story, focus your attention on other things if you want now.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updating software is something people do almost subconsciously these days, especially kids who are growing up in an always connected world, when every device often asks "update this", "update that", most people just click yes. I mean when a big "PLEASE UPDATE" type warning appears that doesn't allow you to progress unless you you give an answer, most people will just click yes, they probably thought that there'd be no reason you wouldn't want it updated after all, keeping things up to date would be considered regular usage.

Was it 4.5 or below? Otherwise I wouldn't exactly call it ruined since personally I doubt we'll be seeing some new sort of exclusively 6.2 or lower exploits for some time if ever (ever being that it wouldn't work on 6.3+ but would on 6.2 or lower)

At least make sure to have lessons learned from this, they shouldn't be updating other people's things and you (even though you probably shouldn't have to) should make sure to state not to update it to people.

That all being said I'd be pretty pissed if someone updated my 3ds since gateway but it doesn't show the message and parental controls so no connecting to wifi so no worries... i hope... as I do remember nintendo parental controls being easy to bypass with a code or generator or something.

Shade Tempest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the support everybody, and to answer most of your questions, YES, my 3DS was 4.5

Also, I've told them many times not to update, but they would just ask me "why?" and when explained, they would not understand. They probably think they know what's right for me, and updated because they think I don't know anything about technology, BUT NO I NOTICED THAT IT WAS UPDATED, AND I HAD A CONFRONTATION IMMEDIATELY. Not only that, but THEY'RE YOUNGER THEN ME.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Believe me, far worse things happened to me. Already lost two consoles (i.e. permanently broken, not just the hack part) because of my ill judgement regarding confidence and generosity and things like that. (I understand your pain)
You could sell it and save up for an 4.5 3DS
Or, even if it's probably not for tomorrow, wait for another exploit as people gather more knowledge about the hardware and survive with used games (it's better than nothing)... or the eShop, it's not like you could use it already with the hack.

I thought GW didn't allow internet access at all? How come this happened?

and please try to be more selfish next time.
A French saying says "A good deed never goes without punishment" so if they want to play a 3DS let them buy one and understand the hard way. Otherwise you and only you are going to pay for the broken pots eventually.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sell your current 3DS and make them pay the difference of the new one, as they ruined your current Gateway compatibility.

Heh, yeah - Like that would work.

They are under no obligation to pay him anything. The 3DS is still able to accomplish it's use, and advertised functions. That use, the advertised function, is to play legitimate copies of video games - Either from physical carts, or digital copies. And any other features that Nintendo has advertised for it. The 3DS isn't broken - It functions exactly as any new 3DS would - so why should they have to get him another one?

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to walmart,
buy new 3ds until you get one with 4.5 or below,
replace old back with new back,
return old 3ds in box.
profit.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Heh, yeah - Like that would work.

They are under no obligation to pay him anything. The 3DS is still able to accomplish it's use, and advertised functions. That use, the advertised function, is to play legitimate copies of video games - Either from physical carts, or digital copies. And any other features that Nintendo has advertised for it. The 3DS isn't broken - It functions exactly as any new 3DS would - so why should they have to get him another one?

Because this is not a judicial case perhaps?

Go to walmart,
buy new 3ds until you get one with 4.5 or below

By the wording of that, I could picture someone buying a bunch of 3DSes and desperately opening them to find out which has a 4.5 fw version.

Reactions: Deleted-236924
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night