Remove Wii titles from NAND back to SD or USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tateconcepts, Jan 8, 2017.

1. tateconcepts
    OP

tateconcepts Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Hi all,

So I recently had my 5 year old ask me to fire up the Wii (he has a Wii U now) because I had done a homebrew on it just after he was born. I had used a 2GB miniSD card with adapter with Letterbomb to do this at the time and still had the Homebrew Channel plus the USBLoaderGX channel on the Wii. I'm not a fan of using USB devices because I have a 2 1/2 year old who could pull them out, they could break off, etc so I prefer SD instead. So I was able to get a 32GB Patriot Class 10 SDHC card to work and put a ton of wbfs files on it but I noticed that for one - USBLoaderGX refused to examine the SD card. Second, there are a ton of older Sega roms in the NAND flash of the Wii that I'd really like to get off the Wii. Originally, I used the IOS249 method to put them on there I think, and this USB Config Loader DOES read the SDHC and wbfs files on it, even with IOS249 but it doesn't show the Sega titles.

First, how do I get these out of the NAND and back to the SD card? Is there a means to just delete them instead? Also, why do they not appear in the USB Config Loader too?

I did perform the d2x IOS method last night because New Mario Bros Wii refused to run and I am having a problem with getting the homebrew browser to download and install new apps. It connects just fine, but every utility tells me that once I select and download it that - it failed to create folder or something. Does anyone have a workaround or solution to getting the Homebrew Browser to properly work?

Thank you all,
    Brian

2. tateconcepts
    OP

tateconcepts Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Ok, so I found a post about USBLoaderGX and using the features to dump NAND to EmuNAND. That's great as it puts them on the SDHC card. However, the question still remains as to how I clear those games from the internal NAND in addition, even after doing the d2x IOS (since I only had IOS249 when I homebrewed in 2011) - I still cannot use the HomeBrew Browser to load anything. No matter what I want to install from the HomeBrew Browser I get "Creating Folders Failed" that's with the 0.3.9c or the newest version too. Anyone have any clue as to this issue and how to clear the NAND since I have dumped them all to SD?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice