Germany
There's no feasible way to do this at this point in time

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dr.Mundo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When Nintendo pushes a new FW update, try putting your 3ds into sleep mode(with WIFI on) about 5-10 sec and open it

I got rid of my JPN N3DS emunand's update nag using this method. I don't know how exactly it works
but I guess this deletes the existing update files and abort downloading new updates before it finishes.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When Nintendo pushes a new FW update, try putting your 3ds into sleep mode(with WIFI on) about 5-10 sec and open it

I got rid of my JPN N3DS emunand's update nag using this method. I don't know how exactly it works
but I guess this deletes the existing update files and abort downloading new updates before it finishes.
I'll give that a try. It would make sense if the system redownloads the update everytime it goes to sleep, assuming that you didn't update because of a bad download.

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can attest to the above, though in my case, I needed to wait a bit more than 5-10s. I found it fixes once it contacts the updatecdn server, in my case I just watched my access logs and the second updatecdn showed up, I disabled the wifi, and now my nag is gone.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll give that a try. It would make sense if the system redownloads the update everytime it goes to sleep, assuming that you didn't update because of a bad download.
i don't think it redownloads the update every time you go into sleep, that will us a huge amount of data in the end;). i think it tchecks first if there is a new update available.

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just update? Your sysNAND is safe as long as you're sure that you're in your emuNAND.

Edit: Just realized that you might not have an O3DS.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why not just update? Your sysNAND is safe as long as you're sure that you're in your emuNAND.

Edit: Just realized that you might not have an O3DS.
i do, im on O3ds, gateway, 9.0 sysnand, 9.7 emunand.
yeah, I think i'm just going to update. I've been waiting to see if anyone reports any issues with 9.8 before i do, but it seems to be kosher at this point.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there was a way to extract the NAND filesystem, mount the NAND filesystem on a PC, and manually delete the update and then restore. Not sure where the thread is for this now (if it even existed). Also, this seems like a lot of work for something that will just happen again and again.

There is also the safe-mode boot, but I've never heard that works with emuNAND nor do I think it would work.

Omenien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do, im on O3ds, gateway, 9.0 sysnand, 9.7 emunand.
yeah, I think i'm just going to update. I've been waiting to see if anyone reports any issues with 9.8 before i do, but it seems to be kosher at this point.

I've been on 9.8 emuNAND since the patched version of rxTools was released and I've had no issues at all.

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought there was a way to extract the NAND filesystem, mount the NAND filesystem on a PC, and manually delete the update and then restore. Not sure where the thread is for this now (if it even existed). Also, this seems like a lot of work for something that will just happen again and again.

There is also the safe-mode boot, but I've never heard that works with emuNAND nor do I think it would work.

Hi, you can't just delete an update when it reached your 3DS, the update download process alter a bunch of files so at best (but I haven't seen anyone doing it as of now) you could be able to extract EmuNAND files of a backup made prior to the time update has been downloaded, then inject them to actual EmuNAND. As it requires EmuNAND xorpad and a lot of hassle, I'm not surprised anyone hasn't tried this.
Concerning SysNAND you're right, firing up recovery menu at coldboot then declining the update make it quiet.
Maybe the trick might come from this, it would make sense to dump a SysNAND 3 times, once before update downloaded, another time with nag and a third time after recovery decline trick, and check what changed between 2 and 3 :P Changes between 1 and 2 are known but not 1 and 3 AFAIK.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
The update nag is annoying on a n3ds as you cannot update emunand beyond 9.5. As above, no way to remove it apart from the sysnand nag.

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Repeated vouching for simply leaving your 3DS in emunand with the wifi on until it attempts to connect to updatecdn, and then killing the wifi before anything actually downloads. This also requires that a newer firmware than the one you've downloaded is currently available, but I can assure you this actually works, and is a much easier solution than any other potential options. I haven't had my nag anymore ever since 9.8 came out.

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can attest to the above, though in my case, I needed to wait a bit more than 5-10s. I found it fixes once it contacts the updatecdn server, in my case I just watched my access logs and the second updatecdn showed up, I disabled the wifi, and now my nag is gone.
How are you monitoring your network activity? Is it within your router, or do you have some 3rd party program? I looked in my router and I feel comfortable in saying that that feature is not available to mine (Actiontec MI242WR)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...