Hacking Remove update nag from apps on home menu?

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is possible or not but is there a home menu tweak to remove the UPDATE NOTICE nag message under games needing an update/wanting an update? I have a few games which either I want to keep unpatched or am unable to get the latest patch data due to my region changed 3DS. Using luma so if it's possible with that even better. Never saw this mentioned before so I apologize if it's common knowledge or whatever.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either update them by installing their update with something like FreeShop or there's a way to build a fake update to install and make them think they're up to date. I've only done that last bit for Pokémon updates, so unsure how it would work for any old game.

Sakiisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How exactly did you do that for the PKM updates?
I'm running star sapphire and have lost the thread where they mentioned something of that sort to fake the update to "1.5" instead of 1.4 etc.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can either update them by installing their update with something like FreeShop or there's a way to build a fake update to install and make them think they're up to date. I've only done that last bit for Pokémon updates, so unsure how it would work for any old game.
The second method would work, but I was thinking more like a home menu patch to disable it entirely. @cearp do you know if this is possible?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The second method would work, but I was thinking more like a home menu patch to disable it entirely. @cearp do you know if this is possible?
i'm no expert on deep stuff like that, but i'm sure it's possible to patch and disable the update notification in home menu. - but worth the time of the people who are able to find it? i'm not sure.

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it not possible to update directly using Nintendos update server? Or do you have to update Firmware for that?
I can't use the official updates due to the region change, and freeshop is missing some updates I can't find anywhere in CIA format so it's why I asked in the first place.

Reactions: naddel81

Sakiisa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Don't want an official update for a romhack as it effects game files. Star spphire and rutile ruby use custom patches to play online but the message still shows.

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you help me make fake update files? You said you got them to work with Pokemon games. I have Pokemon Ultra Sun & Pokemon X hacks that I would like fake updates for to get rid of the game update notifications

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.