Remove NNID from modded 3ds without losing installed CIA games and save

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by DavidJamesOlsen, Sep 16, 2018.

1. DavidJamesOlsen
    OP

DavidJamesOlsen Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    London
    Hi would like to receive the community guide whether i can remove my NNID from my modded 3ds with bootstrap9 without losing any installed CIA games and save, the reason why i want to remove the NNID is because the region is setup wrong so i cant buy any games from eshop.

2. TimeMaster

TimeMaster GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2017
    Canada
    If you don't have godmode9 already, get it here https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/latest

1. Copy GodMode9.firm from the GodMode9 .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
    2. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
    3. Launch GodMode9 by pressing (A)
    4. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND -> data -> (32 Character ID) -> sysdata -> 00010038
    5. Hold down the (R) trigger, then press (X) on 00000000 to rename this file
    6. Press (Up) once to change the name to 10000000
    7. Press (A) to save changes
    8. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND writing, then input the key combo given
    9. Navigate back to the Main Menu
    10. Press (Start) to reboot your device

Chnorzy and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    @DavidJamesOlsen, if your model is a n3DS, n3DSXL, or n2DSXL, you're locked-in to whichever region Nintendo eShop it's on. This can't be undone even if you region change the firmware, unlink the NNID, and System Reformat to delete everything. *

You can only region change the Nintendo eShop for the o3DS, o3DSXL, and o2DS.

4. Negatronic

Negatronic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    If I just want to unlink a nintendo account, will this work for me? I don't need to change region or anything. Is it possible to delete all account info without doing a system format? Maybe system format is what I want though. All my installed games are on the SD.

5. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Just remove or unlink?

6. Negatronic

Negatronic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2017
    United States
    I don't think it is that simple. You can do a system transfer, but I don't know of a way to straigt up remove a nintendo account without reformatting.

7. pakarbu

pakarbu Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    Malaysia
    Using godmode9, i remove previous nnid on my o3dsxl and create new nnid. However, the friend list of previous nNid still there. Is thefriend list will sync to my nnid?

8. hunterct

hunterct Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The friend list of your previous NNID stays there because your created mii is still there you will not get banned if you have your original mii and friends list.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually your friend list does not change at all you would have to remove friends one by one.