Hardware Remove Nintendo ID - A9LH - 10.7 Sysnand - No Format

rockbmi

OP
Trophies
XP
Hey guys can I remove the Nintendo Network ID without formatting the console and without losing anything such as games/apps/hax/homebrew?

I have an old ID which i have now managed to unlink from an old 3DS by calling Nintendo. It has some awesome stuff on it that yeah i could pirate but i want them legit, its also linked to my Wii U so would be nice having them on both consoles.

Thanks all for help :)

Reactions: Margarine67

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys can I remove the Nintendo Network ID without formatting the console and without losing anything such as games/apps/hax/homebrew?

I have an old ID which i have now managed to unlink from an old 3DS by calling Nintendo. It has some awesome stuff on it that yeah i could pirate but i want them legit, its also linked to my Wii U so would be nice having them on both consoles.

Thanks all for help :)

Call Nintendo again and have them unlink the NNID then link your old ID.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm interested in this also, I'm in NNID limbo after a failed transfer and Nintendo aren't helping me.

Can I just format 9.2 sysnand and that'll wipe out the NNID attached without breaking mset or anything?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in this also, I'm in NNID limbo after a failed transfer and Nintendo aren't helping me.

Can I just format 9.2 sysnand and that'll wipe out the NNID attached without breaking mset or anything?

format with no SD card in as a format will wipe the SD card. If you have a downgraded MSET on a New 3DS, make sure MSET is back on 9.x by installing the 9.x CIA.
if you are in a 2DS, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN AT LEAST 6.0 MSET to not soft brick.

A OLD 3DS/3DS XL should format fine with a 4.x MSET downgrade, but I am not sure on if a 4.X format wipes NNID.

formatting WILL WIPE MSET PAYLOAD and will need the payload reinstalled via FBI or a DS flashcart.

Last edited by driverdis,

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
format with no SD card in as a format will wipe the SD card. If you have a downgraded MSET on a New 3DS, make sure MSET is back on 9.x by installing the 9.x CIA.
if you are in a 2DS, MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN AT LEAST 6.0 MSET to not soft brick.

A OLD 3DS/3DS XL should format fine with a 4.x MSET downgrade, but I am not sure on if a 4.X format wipes NNID.

formatting WILL WIPE MSET PAYLOAD and will need the payload reinstalled via FBI or a DS flashcart.
Thanks. I'm not sure which one the NNID is linked to currently, but they're both not working as I think I need to re-link it after the transfer.

I'll try my o3ds first after making proper backups.

For my n3ds, I install the old 9.2 mset cia then format without the msd?
It won't update or anything right?
Would there be problems with my emunand? That's where I keep all my legit games. Like will my msd folder work still and will the NNID stuff be empty on emunand ?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm not sure which one the NNID is linked to currently, but they're both not working as I think I need to re-link it after the transfer.

I'll try my o3ds first after making proper backups.

For my n3ds, I install the old 9.2 mset cia then format without the msd?
It won't update or anything right?
Would there be problems with my emunand? That's where I keep all my legit games. Like will my msd folder work still and will the NNID stuff be empty on emunand ?

formatting will not touch EmuNAND as the SD card will be removed. the console also does not need to be updated and it will not update anything.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
formatting will not touch EmuNAND as the SD card will be removed. the console also does not need to be updated and it will not update anything.
but like... you knwo the way the 3ds handles sd cards by having sd/3ds/numbers/ will the numbers be different for emunand after a format of sysnand? I'm thinking no, but i ask queshs.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but like... you knwo the way the 3ds handles sd cards by having sd/3ds/numbers/ will the numbers be different for emunand after a format of sysnand? I'm thinking no, but i ask queshs.
No, the numbers will be different for SysNAND only, If you want to save some space, delete any games off of sysNAND before formatting as they will be left on the SD and can only be deleted afterward by deleting the correct sd/Nintendo 3DS/Numbers/Numbers folder.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
No, the numbers will be different for SysNAND only, If you want to save some space, delete any games off of sysNAND before formatting as they will be left on the SD and can only be deleted afterward by deleting the correct sd/Nintendo 3DS/Numbers/Numbers folder.
Thanks for the help on this. My Nintendo lit a fire under me, I can't claim flipnote because neither 3ds are linked properly to my ID anymore.

It didn't work on my O3DS. :(

Last edited by Nollog,

rockbmi

OP
Trophies
XP
Guys I'm using A9LH so i cant boot without the SD card, thanks for the info though. Also if i do manage to reset the console in settings, what will it wipe, what about the exploit etc.

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What i did:
I had a O3ds a9lh 10.7 sysnand(SYSTEM A)(Sending system) and another O3ds a9lh 10.7 sysnand(SYSTEM B)(Receiving syster)
Did Nand backup of B system.
Did system transfer from A to B.
Restored Nand backup to B
Signed into the NNID that was sent from A to B on system B

rockbmi

OP
Trophies
XP
I only have one system fully setup with loads of games and themes etc, i have it auto booting sysnand with a9lh and have a NNID i don't want on the console, all i want is to remove it and add the one i have on my Wii U, with about £300 worth of games on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol