Remove intro from GBA Video "games"

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by rctgamer3, May 6, 2008.

1. rctgamer3
    OP

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to actually remove the "Not Compatible with Gameboy Player" from the GBA Video roms (see below).
    [​IMG]
    I've tried the "Remove Intro" option of GBATA, but that results in a not-working rom.
    Does somebody know how to remove it?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    "release group" intros are different to built in intros (the GBATA option detects a non standard jump at the start of the code and attempts to revert it to "normal").
    I seem to recall there was a thread on removing the health screen from GBA roms (short answer it is possible but not easy/universal), I can not recall where it was although cracker, myself and I think it was DanTheManMS posted in it but between us we have most threads in this section covered.

If you wanted to run it on a GB player then:
    http://caitsith2.com/gba_video_arv3.htm

3. rctgamer3
    OP

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Thanks.

But i don't have a Action Replay (GBA), so i don't know how to use them.
    Is there maybe a way to patch the codes into the rom (so they will be on forever)?

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Hm, I know it's possible to do that with SNES, NES, and Game Boy games, but I don't know about GBA games.

Is this merely for cosmetic use or do you wish to use the game on a Game Boy Player?

EDIT: Looking at http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73394 it appears it may be possible.

5. rctgamer3
    OP

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Yes, i really want to use it on a Game Boy Player :-D
    But HOW?

6. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Some flash carts I think lack Game Boy Player detection, and would probably ignore that logo. I know the GC controller doesn't rumble for me on my Supercard CF.

7. rctgamer3
    OP

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    I'm using a 3 in 1 expansion pack, but it doesn't ignore the "not compatible" screen...

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  9. rctgamer3
    OP

rctgamer3 GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    I've tried to patch a GBA Video Rom (Pokemon Video 1):
    [​IMG]
    I've patched it, but when i load the rom (on VBA), it shows a white screen. When i play it on my 3 in 1, the game won't even boot up (it only says "GAMEBOY", but not Nintendo")
    What did i do wrong?