Homebrew Question Remove game update requirement to play at lower version?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yeah, Pokemon SwSh doesn't have a lots of cheat support at 1.3.1 so I want to revert back to 10.3 but I can't start the game because the require update message. Try to remove ticket and reset version in goldleaf but it still not working. Delete the game and reinstall with old update isn't work either. Anyone have any idea how to do it?

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, Pokemon SwSh doesn't have a lots of cheat support at 1.3.1 so I want to revert back to 10.3 but I can't start the game because the require update message. Try to remove ticket and reset version in goldleaf but it still not working. Delete the game and reinstall with old update isn't work either. Anyone have any idea how to do it?
Devmenu will do the trick for that

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a newer system version, or a save file that was played with a newer game update, then there is no way for you to reset the required game version if Goldleaf's reset required game version option didn't work.

That being said, there are plenty of cheats for the latest version of Pokémon Sword. Also, why is anybody using cheats at all with the existence of PKHex?

It is recommended that you update Pokémon Sword to the latest version and use PKHex or presently available cheats.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was on 9.x.x and used to use NXrepack (I think it was called) to extract the NSP, and rebuild for lowest possible firmware. Most games worked for this, but in the end I just updated the firmware and update AMS: it’s easier.

IDK about cheats btw. Never used them.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Which CFW are you using? If you're using Atmosphere there is really no reason for you to stay on a lower firmware.

Reactions: BigOnYa and KiiWii

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If you have a newer system version, or a save file that was played with a newer game update, then there is no way for you to reset the required game version if Goldleaf's reset required game version option didn't work.

That being said, there are plenty of cheats for the latest version of Pokémon Sword. Also, why is anybody using cheats at all with the existence of PKHex?

It is recommended that you update Pokémon Sword to the latest version and use PKHex or presently available cheats.
Yeah, no one write new patch for no exp share to work. The last update only work on 1.3.0 and the author specifically said there will be no update.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Which CFW are you using? If you're using Atmosphere there is really no reason for you to stay on a lower firmware.
No, not firmware version, it is game update version. It check if you have the latest update or not and won't let me start playing if it not the latest one.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
No, not firmware version, it is game update version. It check if you have the latest update or not and won't let me start playing if it not the latest one.
use DBI.nro to delete the update and reset firmware then use lithium or tinfoil to install the update

Reactions: TOKO

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@linuxares is probably confused because you said 10.3 in your post, when you meant 1.3.0.

If you're on a high system version, the system knows you need a game update, and there's no way to fix that if Goldleaf didn't work, unless you downgrade your whole system, and that's not recommended for a lousy cheat for no exp share. In addition, if your save is from a newer game version, it might be impossible to downgrade without using an older save file.

My recommendation: Update to the latest game version and forget about it.

Reactions: anhminh

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
@linuxares is probably confused because you said 10.3 in your post, when you meant 1.3.0.

If you're on a high system version, the system knows you need a game update, and there's no way to fix that if Goldleaf didn't work, unless you downgrade your whole system, and that's not recommended for a lousy cheat for no exp share. In addition, if your save is from a newer game version, it might be impossible to downgrade without using an older save file.

My recommendation: Update to the latest game version and forget about it.
I see, so it is impossible after all.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, so it is impossible after all.
Your issue is probably the system version, so it's probably impossible without downgrading the whole system and/or using an old save file. Yeah.

Also, if you downgrade your game version, you won't be able to play wirelessly with other people who are likely on the latest game version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr