Hacking Question Remove account from a clean nand backup in order to make another clean backup without account

SupSupBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good day everyone!

I would like to ask few questions hoping that is not too late

First of all I have a console with an sx core installed, as usually suggested the first thing I did after installing the sx core was a backup of my clean NAND and a copy of the backup in my computer.

After that I didn't created any EMUNAND due to a limited space in my sd card and I run the CFW.

Yesterday I bought a 512gb sd card, so I restored my clean NAND and created an EMUNAND, unfortunately after restoring my clean NAND also my :switch: account and all the details where restored and this is something I would like to avoid.
I own different games on my :switch: account but I'm not sure if I want to use them since it requires an internet access and might be dangerous.

My question is: Can I create another clean backup after restoring the previous backup and deleting my account in maintenance mode?

Basically this is what I would do:
  1. Restore my old clean NAND with :switch: account still on it
  2. Shout down the console, boot in sxos menu, select boot OFW and run the console in maintenance mode and delete everything
  3. Restart the console, boot in sxos, select OFW and start the first setup after format.
  4. Shout down the console after setting up everything, boot sxos, run a backup of the new clean NAND without the account and datas on it
  5. Create a new EMUNAND
  6. Enjoy
Will this procedure works? Should I do anything else like avoid to run CW in the meantime of this entire process? What about burn fuses? This will procedure will create some issues with them? I'm still not sure I understood correctly the logic of fuses.

I hope someone can help me :)

Thank you for your patience and I wish you all a good day!

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are games that require a linked account. Even if you aren't connecting to Nintendo servers.

Create your emunand like normal. It will create it based on your sysnand. Like you, I want my legit games only on the sysnand and not on the emunand.

In emunand, just press - on the title and go to delete software. It will remove it from your list, the only way to even see that you own that game is connecting to the eShop. Which you can't do anymore. So there won't be any confusion.

To make sure you stay off of Nintendo's servers, make sure you keep SX Stealth mode enabled, and for good measure instill incognito. That way if there's ever any bugs in SX stealth in future updates, incognito should catch it as well.

Only thing I would suggest is use the other theme for sysnand. In my case, I use the white theme for sysnand, and I use the dark theme or custom theme for emunand.

If you end up somehow connecting to Nintendo servers with homebrew and games, your console will be banned, whether you have a linked Nintendo account or not. So there's no real reason to not have a linked account on your emunand unless you just really don't want to have it.

If you do go the route of what you said and create a fresh sysnand with no linked account, then you'll need to use Kefir to link an account later in emunand if it ever want to play those games that require a linked Nintendo account. But the process for doing that is how you listed it. Create a fresh sysnand with no linked account and then crate the emunand based on that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Modificatorul

SupSupBro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello @hartleyshc , thank you very much for you time in answering all my questions.

I didn't know I couldn't play some games without linking my account, good info.

The reason why I didn't wanted to have my account linked is the possible ban, I read that accounts never get banned and only the console will, but who knows maybe something will change one day?

Anyway, now I did whatever I described before and now I have a clean switch with CFW+Emunand and OFW without any account linked, just the local one.

Can I link a trash account if I run OFW without being banned? Or is better at this point to restore my first nand backup with my real account logged on it so I don't have to use internet at all since it's already attached to my local account?

Sorry for being super paranoid but I don't want to make an irreversible mistake :)

Wish you a good day!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @hartleyshc , thank you very much for you time in answering all my questions.

I didn't know I couldn't play some games without linking my account, good info.

The reason why I didn't wanted to have my account linked is the possible ban, I read that accounts never get banned and only the console will, but who knows maybe something will change one day?

Anyway, now I did whatever I described before and now I have a clean switch with CFW+Emunand and OFW without any account linked, just the local one.

Can I link a trash account if I run OFW without being banned? Or is better at this point to restore my first nand backup with my real account logged on it so I don't have to use internet at all since it's already attached to my local account?

Sorry for being super paranoid but I don't want to make an irreversible mistake :)

Wish you a good day!
Its better to have a linked account than none at all. And the Switch has been out for several years. The banning situation with accounts has never changed once at all so I highly doubt it will change one day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a