Remote shutdown of 3DS by nintendo over flashcarts

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Skitty22, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2011
  1. Skitty22
    OP

Newcomer Skitty22 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Now this does seem a little extreme but nintendo have been saying in reports that i have seen they can remote shutdown the 3DS and prevent it being trade-able in the future , i suppose i can see they could do a slimar thing like the xbox and ban the console's ID and serial.

But intresting but not suprising like the PS3 it also reports everything you do including if you use a flashcart or not. Hmm this could cause problems for people in the uk with flashcarts as they are 100% illegal and could land yourself in big trouble.

what is everyone's view on the 3DS recording every single detail of what you are doing and remote blocking.

2. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    I don't believe Nintendo came out and said that. I'm pretty sure it was a game retailer that first announced such a thing and it's been spreading ever since. The only stuff I've heard Nintendo actually spew out about something of the sort was when a rep said...
    “We do not discuss product security details (for obvious reasons), nor can we discuss the details of countermeasures available in the Nintendo 3DS system. Nintendo 3DS has the most up-to-date technology. The security has been designed to protect both the creative works in the software and to protect the Nintendo 3DS hardware system itself.”

Either way I could careless. I bought my games before and it wouldn't be a problem for myself doing it again since there aren't many games I even want at the moment.

By the way, there are a few other topics on this same subject if I am not mistaken....

3. Narayan

Member Narayan desu~

Philippines
  4. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    These threads keep on coming don't they! [​IMG]

5. lompoc

Banned lompoc Banned

United States
    just use your carts only on ds/dsi/dsxl only till we hack it were there cant track.

6. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    Good god. Does this have to spawn a new thread every few days? This rumor is crap. The end. Read the other threads for the in depth analysis.

7. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.