Hacking Remodding Wii version 3.1E

Anathema123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First off I'd like to apologize for making this new topic. After finding multiple contradictory posts and asking some people I feel it is a necessity to turn to you, the community, for help.
Here's what's up. Last year or so I modded my Wii (version 3.1E), using CIOS and installing HBC and Wiigator Backuplauncher 0.3 gamma.
This has always worked perfectly up until Guitar Hero: Metallica. More recent games, however (Guitar Hero 5, New Super Mario Bros.) don't work. GH5 gives me a blue screen error telling me the wii can't read the disc (though backuplauncher did recognize it), and NSMB green screen freezes.
After doing some research it quickly became apparent that I'd have to get some new software. The tutorials I found not only threw lots of programs I had never heard of at me, but also posed a bigger issue.
Some people have said the tutorial would work for all Wii's 3.2 upwards.
Now my question is simply: Is it possible to update a Wii without having it connected to the internet? Will I brick my Wii because it has already been modded? Someone help this ignorant fool out please!
Any and all help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I don't have much to offer other than gratitude so my helper would have to be a kind soul
smile.gif

Anathema123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Been extremely busy with moving house and other things, only today got around to actually working on this.
So, I've activated the trucha bug, and am updating the Wii using WAD Manager 1.5. I've come across a problem though, and the solutions offered are for v3.3 Wiis, so they don't apply to mine.
Installing all the IOS WADS to update it went perfectly fine, except for IOS-15-64-v257 and System Menu-NUS-v482. Both of them give me a ret = -1035 error.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.