Reminder: The Nintendo DSi shop is shutting down

P7ukCk1nxw0UXlQuj7c_p76a6RGlp-5l.jpg

Nearly a year ago, Nintendo put out a blog post, mentioning that the DSi shop would be closing early in 2017. Though you can no longer add points to an account, you can still download previously purchased items on your DSi, or buy titles if you have remaining funds, that is, until March 31, 2017. Nintendo claims that "most" DSiware will be available to download unhindered on the 3DS's e-Shop, but in the case of the DSi, you will no longer be allowed to re-download DSiware, even if you purchased it. This is a reminder for those that still use a DSi to grab their purchases before it's too late and make peace with the service being ended.

:arrow: Source

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've gotten the exploits games off off the DSi shop.
Kinda wanted to get Prehistorik man as well but dun have any DSi points anymore ;/

Edit: I gotten the exploit games ages ago ;')
Almost a year ago or something..

Last edited by DinohScene,
Reactions: Prmtymethegamer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RIP DSi . The Nintendo DSi could've had a great potential for hacking, but unfortunately even the 3DS was hacked before. As for the DSi Shop, it was straight up useless. Not putting retail games on the shop was kinda stupid, at least Wii Shop has VC.

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... but in the case of the DSi, you will no longer be allowed to re-download DSiware, even if you purchased it.
The article on nintendo.com states that "The ability to re-download Nintendo DSiWare games will also stop at some point," implying that the ability to re-download purchases will not stop on March 31st, but instead at a later date.

Reactions: Pachee
D

Deleted User

So sad to hear the official death of any console... and we still cant install games on it. Will be happy when a freeshop kinda thing will be released for dsi which will pull from private servers. Games are pretty small so the only problem will be to collect them all...

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a dsi because I only had an original DS. It was a nice upgrade. Of course they announced the dsi xl the next day, but that's how my luck goes. Never did use the store except for that four swords.

Reactions: Victorum

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead