Gaming Remember... you can't get your Wii Shop content back if you return your Wii U

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a friendly reminder to those who didn't think that far into the process. If you're unhappy with the system and want to return it, and transferred your Wii Shop account and games over, those will be lost.

I was considering returning my system as the money might be better spent for other things with Christmas around the corner. Now I'm not so sure. Luckily my Wii is still fully intact as it was prior since I restored the NAND but I don't like knowing all the $280 or so I spent on VC/WiiWare games are no longer able to transfer in the future.

The only thing I can think of, which I haven't attempted to do yet, is since I restored the NAND and all my VC games still play on my original Wii, I MIGHT be able to do a transfer yet again? I know that if I go into the Wii Shop on that machine right now, it will kill my ability to play the VC games on it as it delinks them to the account since it thinks I moved them over to the Wii U.

But I'm not so sure this would work... thoughts?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a friendly reminder to those who didn't think that far into the process. If you're unhappy with the system and want to return it, and transferred your Wii Shop account and games over, those will be lost.

I was considering returning my system as the money might be better spent for other things with Christmas around the corner. Now I'm not so sure. Luckily my Wii is still fully intact as it was prior since I restored the NAND but I don't like knowing all the $280 or so I spent on VC/WiiWare games are no longer able to transfer in the future.

The only thing I can think of, which I haven't attempted to do yet, is since I restored the NAND and all my VC games still play on my original Wii, I MIGHT be able to do a transfer yet again? I know that if I go into the Wii Shop on that machine right now, it will kill my ability to play the VC games on it as it delinks them to the account since it thinks I moved them over to the Wii U.

But I'm not so sure this would work... thoughts?
Wouldn't work. It checks online to see if you own the games and once you transferred them you no longer own them.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's pretty cut and dry and looking back I'm actually happy about this because I just added up that I've purchased a total of 55 VC/WiiWare games with a value of $393 spent so that's my excuse for hanging onto the machine now. :lol:

I really do like it all joking aside, I think it's got some great potential. But yeah, I hope moving forward that my games are a little less restricted but that has yet to be seen.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, like everything in life impulsive decisions often lead to consequences. Thanks for the heads up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person