Remedy's Looking to Hire For a Next-Gen Project

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More Alan Wake news? From Gahars? It's more likely than you think.

So yeah, the long story of Alan Wake is pretty well known by now. Remedy spent years working on the game for Microsoft, trying to get everything perfect in their tale about an author, his work, and the dark presence that preys upon them. It was released to critical acclaim (Time Magazine even named it their game of the year)... but no one bought it.

Yeah, it turns out that releasing your psychological thriller right before a Rockstar Games juggernaut (Red Dead Redemption) wasn't a smart move on Microsoft's party.

However, there's an upside to this story; the game slowly picked up a devoted cult following, and attracted enough attention to warrant an XBLA half-sequel and a PC port (which performed incredibly well). The prospects for this franchise suddenly became a whole lot brighter.

And then, Remedy posted this on their forum.

Remedy Entertainment is looking for world-class talent to work on an unannounced project targeted at future generation consoles.

More than 20 new positions will become available within the next few months. The first batch of positions will go live as soon as Friday 30th of March.

Interested in being part of a team on the very brink of creating the games of the future?
Watch this space.
Source: Alan Wake Community Forums

Seeing how Alan Wake is Remedy's sole focus right now, I think the implication is pretty clear. Excuse me while celebrate a little.

gallery_282323_601_1105880.gif

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess I could just say Welcome to Finland to all possible applicants :)

Remedy Entertainment is a pretty amazing group and the team spirit is quite amazing from what I've seen^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.