Remedy is working on a 'Control' multiplayer spin-off and "a bigger-budget Control-game"

Condor_waitingroom.jpg

Remedy Entertainment has announced its collaboration with 505 Games to work on new games set in the Control universe. The first game, codenamed Condor, will be a new 4-player cooperative PvE (player vs. environment) game. Multiplayer is a new direction for Remedy given that the Finnish company has focused on single-player games for over 25 years (although they have recently started to work on another multiplayer title, Vanguard). Mikael Kasurinen, Game Director of the Control franchise, addressed the potential skepticism of this new direction in a blog post.

"We get that there is going to be skepticism about multiplayer," Kasurinen said. "But I believe we can create shared experiences without compromising the unique DNA of who we are, or the stories we want to tell. Yes, we need to re-think our angles, our techniques, our mindset, but we see it as an exciting challenge: What would a Remedy multiplayer game look like?"

While more details haven't been shared, the concept art image used as this post's banner depicts what Remedy feels "tells pretty well what Condor is about".

But project condor isn't the only new game that is now in the works. The announcement also mentions that 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment have outlined high-level collaboration terms to further expand the Control franchise with a bigger-budget Control-game". But no more details was provided about this title. "I unfortunately cannot go into more detail than that, but suffice to say, I’m extremely excited for the future of the Control franchise," Kasurinen commented regarding this "bigger-budget Control-game".

:arrow: SOURCE

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There's plenty of room for multiplayer in the Control universe. The FDC has strike/intervention teams that get sent to investigate Altered World Events (or die trying). It shouldn't be hard to make a game out of that, as long as players accept that they can't have the service weapon and have to contend with conventional arms.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be nice if "Remedy" actually fix the main fucking game before thinking of doing a fucking spin off.

but to be fair, the game is a total bag of shite, just run around a building aimlessly shooting and collecting powerups. and to thing they tried to spin this into the whole "remedyverse" claiming it has ties into Max Payne and Alan Wake verse...... no sorry hun, those games were great, this game is a bag of crap and adds more to insult "Remedy" cant even fix its crap pc port.

If a shit game gets a spin off, no interest at all..... been trying to report the pc bugs for many months and they dont give a fuck, rather strip out DX11 than fix it and relies on DX12 thats piss poor.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would be nice if "Remedy" actually fix the main fucking game before thinking of doing a fucking spin off.

but to be fair, the game is a total bag of shite, just run around a building aimlessly shooting and collecting powerups. and to thing they tried to spin this into the whole "remedyverse" claiming it has ties into Max Payne and Alan Wake verse...... no sorry hun, those games were great, this game is a bag of crap and adds more to insult "Remedy" cant even fix its crap pc port.

If a shit game gets a spin off, no interest at all..... been trying to report the pc bugs for many months and they dont give a fuck, rather strip out DX11 than fix it and relies on DX12 thats piss poor.

Amazing game. You mad, bro?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In a weird way, perhaps, i feel disappointed that Control had nothing to do with the old Get Smart TV show. I feel gipped because then the sequel should have been focused on the antagonist faction, KAOS.
:shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.