Remedy announces 'Alan Wake Remastered' for Nintendo Switch and 'Alan Wake' TV show

alan wake.JPG

During a video stream to celebrate the 12th anniversary of Alan Wake, developer Remedy announced that Alan Wake Remastered will be making its way to the Switch. Also announced during the event was a TV show based on the game. The rights has been acquired by AMC and they are collaborating with Remedy on the project.

However, not much else was shared regarding those two projects except for their announcements. Sam Lake did say that more details will be shared at a later time.

The stream also shared some new details about Alan Wake II which will launch next year on PS5, Xbox Series S|X and PC on the Epic Games Store. You can watch the 13-minute video below for more insights into these announcements:

:arrow: SOURCE

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait... The bigger consoles get a full remake, but the switch only gets a shitty remaster? That's some bullshit.
On the upside, the big boy console versions arent limited in the sense that it has to fit on switch, meaning it can look absolutely amazing

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Except there's this in a Genshin news post. :rofl2:

Not sure what that was all about, but I promise you it wasn't even a fraction as funny as you thought it was. And I dunno, but your "them cute waifus are a nice r34 or mod material, every game should be like that, period" statement seems pretty trashy to me.
I still find the game trash LOL (and not the design), loving to see how butthurt you are because i offended your trash series, even trying to "dig history and expose", but i bet you're also a genshin shill that got offended with that comment and were renting me a nice place on your head for free until this very day you couldn't take it anymore.
Also quote the whole thing instead of nitpicking:
At least them cute waifus are a nice r34 or mod material, every game should be like that, period. The game was kinda fun i spent some 20h+ on it at launch but just knowing all the gacha bs around it makes me not want to even considerate it anymore. I prefer paying for games before playing them not after or while.

Last edited by ZeroFX,

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still find the game trash LOL (and not the design), loving to see how butthurt you are because i offended your trash series, even trying to "dig history and expose", but i bet you're also a genshin shill that got offended with that comment and were renting me a nice place on your head for free until this very day you couldn't take it anymore.
You mind taking this privately?

ChoChoCup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the butthurt flake who started it wants. Otherwise no, have fun watching the show.
fair enough, sorry If i came off as rude. I just was in a part of a argument earlier and got warned for it and dont want anybody else to meet the same fate

Reactions: ZeroFX

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah yeah, remedy nowadays sucks, zero expectations for anything they do. And also, like any tv series or movie based off a video game, this one == trash.
I don't play trash or, in your case, watch trash! LMFAO.
Can you please elaborate why Remedy "nowaday sucks", why this tv series will be "trash" and why Genshin Impact is a "watch trash"?

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can you please elaborate why Remedy "nowaday sucks", why this tv series will be "trash" and why Genshin Impact is a "watch trash"?
Remedy nowadays only does mediocre games (except maybe control), all bought by sweeny for the freebies store.
Games + movies/series == trash.
OP talks about a series, then one defends the series and says i play trash, i reply with: "I don't play trash or in your case, watch trash", now it's up to you to interpret.

ClickCLK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Remedy nowadays only does mediocre games (except maybe control), all bought by sweeny for the freebies store.
Games + movies/series == trash.
OP talks about a series, then one defends the series and says i play trash, i reply with: "I don't play trash or in your case, watch trash", now it's up to you to interpret.
Tl;dr: I don't agree but who cares.

I didn't knew Remedy made any games after Alan Wake American Nightmare, except for Quantum Break and Control, and looking at wikipedia page about Remedy they did only one - some strategy game for iOS in 2014, which is dead since 2017. I don't know what mediocre games you speak about (maybe Quantum Break, I hadn't played it), but imo Control was exceptionaly good game. So I can't really agree that Remedy makes mediocre games (not that someone cares if I agree or not though).

About games+movies/series=trash - most of the time yes, it is, but not always. I think that Sonic The Hedgehog movie wasn't a bad one, I liked it, especially the acting of Jim Carrey. And in, the case of Alan Wake, the game was made to resemble tv series in the first place, so there's reasons to believe that this TV series have potential. There's no point in saying that this will be trash until it's released, nor there's reasons to be hyped about it, too.

And about Genshin Impact. I don't really know what you meant (I assume that you meant something along the lines of "bad smartphone game", but I can be way off point), so I just drop my opinion and call it a day. I get that trashing this game on gbatemp is a common practice (especially because the devs promised but not delivered a switch port), but imo Genshing is a good game, great even. Sure, it have it's bad sides, like gacha mechanics, very tedious and time consuming daily gameplay mechanics, ultra long grind for character building materials and filler story elements, but pretty much everything else in it is great. Great art, amazing soundtrack, nice voice acting (at least japanese), fun core gameplay, great visuals, good optimisation, constant updates (except current delay, but this never happened earlier, they sticked to "big update every 1.5 months" release schedule for more than one and a half years), deep lore and worldbuilding, interesting overall story and so on. And the fact that it runs on phones is a major plus point, because it looks and plays amazing for a phone game, and because many parts of gameplay are timed and having it on mobile makes it possible to not be tethered to your PC to get optimal rewards. I've been playing this game for 1.5 years (on PC) and in all this time I get to conclusion that this game's like a tv series - you get new content, complete it in a couple of days, wait a week, get new content and so on, and once a year you get new season (in form of major update like 2.0 was). Yes, this game is very time consuming, but fun and rewarding. Btw, this was the first gacha game I have ever played, and I hope it will be my last, I really don't want to get hooked like this again. Also, in all this time I hadn't spent even a cent on it, and I got 37 out of 48 playable caharacters in the game,so it's indeed possible to enjoy this game free-to-play.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There was Bright Falls, the series made as a prequel to the game and it was pretty good.
If they do make an Alan Wake TV series with similar quality to Bright Falls, I'm sold. The game has a pretty good plot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche