Remedy announces 'Alan Wake Remastered' for Nintendo Switch and 'Alan Wake' TV show

alan wake.JPG

During a video stream to celebrate the 12th anniversary of Alan Wake, developer Remedy announced that Alan Wake Remastered will be making its way to the Switch. Also announced during the event was a TV show based on the game. The rights has been acquired by AMC and they are collaborating with Remedy on the project.

However, not much else was shared regarding those two projects except for their announcements. Sam Lake did say that more details will be shared at a later time.

The stream also shared some new details about Alan Wake II which will launch next year on PS5, Xbox Series S|X and PC on the Epic Games Store. You can watch the 13-minute video below for more insights into these announcements:

:arrow: SOURCE

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I liked the first one, felt like an American take on Silent Hill with more action, but America Nightmare felt like hot garbage and made me kinda hate the series as a whole. Don't have high hopes for the delayed sequel.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When they say remastered coming to the switch, it won't be remastered it will likely be the same as others, ported off the 360 or will be a terrible dumbed down port, just like gta definitely don't version (tho the game looked like shit sims lol).

Gutted that it's AMC that have got their grubby hands on it, lets hope fucking gimp and kang have nothing to do with it.

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah yeah, remedy nowadays sucks, zero expectations for anything they do. And also, like any tv series or movie based off a video game, this one == trash.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play trash

Except there's this in a Genshin news post. :rofl2:

At least them cute waifus are a nice r34 or mod material, every game should be like that, period. The game was kinda fun i spent some 20h+ on it at launch

or, in your case, watch trash! LMFAO.

Not sure what that was all about, but I promise you it wasn't even a fraction as funny as you thought it was. And I dunno, but your "them cute waifus are a nice r34 or mod material, every game should be like that, period" statement seems pretty trashy to me.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'd love Sam Lake to portrait Max Payne again for the upcoming remaster. But that probably ain't gonna happen. Hope they at least include his facemodel as an easter egg.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Alan Wake TV Show would be a no-brainer, and the horror-mystery vibe would fit perfectly in this case.. Though it's all about the execution in the end..
I think the action scenes is what might either make it or break it for me. A cheap-looking CGI effects would ruin it, i hope they go for a minimalist look on that front..
The casting as well, SPECIALLY the main character. The dark/dreary atmosphere should be preserved as well..
wait a minute.......

Isn't the lefty guy the Max Payne's actor??
View attachment 309798
Yeah, it is him (Sam Lake).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...