religion is somehow a type government?

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've seen many people argue with god's existence using science, though I will say that my search was not the whole world, I have yet to see to question religion with psychology.

How did I come to this conclusion? And if it was just another government, why is it effective? Because unlike a governments with corrupt leaders, unlike kingdoms with tyrants, religion has God, a ruler which we cannot question. Therefore most people don’t think bad of what is written in the bible, because they think it’s justifiable mostly for it is “the will of god”.

Though people in the past planned this and worked great, people today think more. Thus some began to question the existence of this God and they were called atheists.
When Darwin introduced his theory of evolution was known to the world, it was like when a corrupt government a official’s secrets being exposed. Little by little, people started
doubting God and religion. And i'm not saying Darwin was the first to question religion. i just used this an example.

I forgot when i started thinking deeply about religion, but I to make it shorter; I see religion as a system which keeps a group of people in place by using someone or something otherworldly(or a perfect image) to prevent rebellion.

Also, I am neither a theist or an atheist, I'm an agnostic. I do not choose sides, i simply state my observations and waits for someone to prove me wrong, which may sound like i'm a troll but i do acknowledge it when someone provides a better argument.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've always believed in God and grew up believing in it. People choose what to believe in and while during the middle ages the name of God was used to excuse plenty of cruel things, it hasn't always been like that, I believe in God and in science, while I was still a teenager I was somewhat atheist for a year or so, but then in the end I got my faith back, sometimes weird things happen, that under normal circunstances wouldn't. I have plenty of friends that are atheists, orthodox, budists, I even had a few that were wiccan and satanic. x.x
While we can't prove which religion, or lack of, is right or wrong, people have the right to believe in what they can, and if that religion makes them stronger and better people, then that's great for them.
I do not tolerate people excusing evil deeds on religion tho, like some extremists do for example (the suicide bombers for example), while I respect their beliefs, anything that harms another person is just something unforgivable.

Reactions: 1 person

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I've seen many people argue with god's existence using science, though I will say that my search was not the whole world, I have yet to see to question religion with psychology.

How did I come to this conclusion? And if it was just another government, why is it effective? Because unlike a governments with corrupt leaders, unlike kingdoms with tyrants, religion has God, a ruler which we cannot question. Therefore most people don’t think bad of what is written in the bible, because they think it’s justifiable mostly for it is “the will of god”.

Though people in the past planned this and worked great, people today think more. Thus some began to question the existence of this God and they were called atheists.
When Darwin introduced his theory of evolution was known to the world, it was like when a corrupt government a official’s secrets being exposed. Little by little, people started
doubting God and religion. And i'm not saying Darwin was the first to question religion. i just used this an example.

I forgot when i started thinking deeply about religion, but I to make it shorter; I see religion as a system which keeps a group of people in place by using someone or something otherworldly(or a perfect image) to prevent rebellion.

Also, I am neither a theist or an atheist, I'm an agnostic. I do not choose sides, i simply state my observations and waits for someone to prove me wrong, which may sound like i'm a troll but i do acknowledge it when someone provides a better argument.
You in your early teens or something? That's when most kids have their existentialist revelation

Reactions: 1 person

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've always believed in God and grew up believing in it. People choose what to believe in and while during the middle ages the name of God was used to excuse plenty of cruel things, it hasn't always been like that, I believe in God and in science, while I was still a teenager I was somewhat atheist for a year or so, but then in the end I got my faith back, sometimes weird things happen, that under normal circunstances wouldn't. I have plenty of friends that are atheists, orthodox, budists, I even had a few that were wiccan and satanic. x.x
While we can't prove which religion, or lack of, is right or wrong, people have the right to believe in what they can, and if that religion makes them stronger and better people, then that's great for them.
I do not tolerate people excusing evil deeds on religion tho, like some extremists do for example (the suicide bombers for example), while I respect their beliefs, anything that harms another person is just something unforgivable.
i totally agree with you
i really hate people who use islam for politic and other things, they exploit it and falsify its image
i can really confirm that this kind of people (suicide bombers ie) are not really believers because it is forbidden to suicide or kill a person in any circumstances, that excuse they have ''they don't believe in god and should die'' is totally invalid, in islam god said that everyone should have the freedom to believe in what they want and we don't have the right to oblige them to do anything.
they are just biased bitches

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You in your early teens or something? That's when most kids have their existentialist revelation
no

it's simply a matter of believing. i've also seen a video like the secret. beliefs can do a lot to a person. i'm also agreeing with you that having a religion is good if applied properly.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh man, I don't even want to get started on this subject!!!! My belief? It's all BS. **sticks fingers in ears and goes "lalalalalalalala" when the preaching begins**

But there's a question.........If the Devil punishes us for being sinful and bad and whatnot, Isn't he just God's bitch, doing his work for him??

Yeah. Think about it. :unsure:

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh man, I don't even want to get started on this subject!!!! My belief? It's all BS. **sticks fingers in ears and goes "lalalalalalalala" when the preaching begins**

But there's a question.........If the Devil punishes us for being sinful and bad and whatnot, Isn't he just God's bitch, doing his work for him??

afaik it's not the devil

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

I think you need to go read up about Lucifer....

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've always believed in God

No you haven't. You were born an atheist, with no belief in a God. You were then taught to be a Christian.

people have the right to believe in what they can

And people have the right to call those beliefs ridiculous.
If anything, he was born unaware of the concept. I believe in the blank slate rule - you are born with nothing but basic instincts and acquire principles as you grow, but I see what you are getting at. I partially agree - one is taught to follow a given religion, but one has also freedom of thought. There is a point in anyone's life when they make a conscious decision whether or not they believe in a divine entity - the nomenclature here doesn't matter, it can be Jehova or the flying spaghetti monster, hell, it can even be an unidentified force of some sort - the function is the same and the notions are similar. As for calling beliefs stupid, nobody has the right to call any religion dumb as religious teachings are not to be taken literally. Holy books are an attempt at creating universal moral frameworks - failed attempts, since the concepts of what is moral and what is immoral change and fluctuate as the time passes. This does not give you the right to mock them though. Religions are guidelines written by people for people - if there is a god and it wanted us to index rules that are set in stone it would probably rain bibles on sundays. My point is that it all runs down to the belief or its lack in a divine creature - a creator or designer of sorts, the force that put things in motion and created something from nothing. It is not something that can be refuted by scientific approaches - it's an entirely theological matter and those never go together. The moment you mix religion and science to approve or disapprove of either you become either a fanatic or an inconsiderate douche. Criticism is accepted, mocking is not.

Reactions: 2 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
This does not give you the right to mock them though.

Of course it does. If someone says "I believe in magic boats and talking snakes" people have the right to say "That's an idiotic belief"

Or, what, you can mock someone for believing that a Nigerian prince who emailed them is going to wire them $35m, but you're not allowed to mock someone who thinks some guy in the sky is going to give them eternal paradise if they silently tell him how great he is?

Everyone absolutely has the right to mock religions. The bible openly mocks disbelief. Is that allowed?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This does not give you the right to mock them though.

Of course it does. If someone says "I believe in magic boats and talking snakes" people have the right to say "That's an idiotic belief"
Not really... Unless you can actually prove something doesn't exist, you have no right to judge it, same for the oposite.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, in your theory we just accept everything because it can't be proved or disproved?

What kind of chaotic crap is that to live under? Oh i forgot....religion!!! :)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really... Unless you can actually prove something doesn't exist, you have no right to judge it, same for the oposite.

OK, I believe there is an invisible unicorn rotating the earth. You cannot prove that does not exist, therefore you cannot judge it. I believe you have murdered someone in the past. You cannot prove you did not, therefore you cannot pass judgement on my claim.

Christians believe the Bible is true. The bible says

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

So by your logic, people don't have the right to be Christians, because doing so is mocking people for their beliefs - saying they are a 'fool'.

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So, in your theory we just accept everything because it can't be proved or disproved?

What kind of chaotic crap is that to live under? Oh i forgot....religion!!! :)
no, you try find proof. there's no such thing as can't be proved. by the moment you say those words, you already blocked your mind from further development.

oh, and please avoid losing your cool here. unless you have something worthwhile to say, stop yourself from posting.

i misread skell's post. i do not agree that something you cannot prove that doesn't exist cannot be judged. we have to judge everything. we have to think.
though we must not forget that proof still doesn't exist so there's not final answer. just a belief.

i don't know the word you are looking for but it's not judge,

Everyone absolutely has the right to mock religions. The bible openly mocks disbelief. Is that allowed?
that makes you no different from them then. if that will be the case then you're simply mocking yourself.
it doesn't mean that they do things they do, you do it too. you're simply throwing mud at each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit