Hacking Reliable list of MicroSD cards and roms that constantly crash?

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2.1 with the latest AKAIO installed ( 1.3rc2 ) and have not been having any problems with any game until now when I tried to play Castlevania PoR and it kept freezing everytime I wanted to check any menu ( items, equip, etc ... ). Is there any way I can fix the problem by changing some settings on my Acekard? or I just need to buy another microSD card?
Doing some google research, one can see that this game is one of the very veeeery few that experience problems when playing through a flashcart.
I would like to know if somebody knows a place where one can see what is the actual list of these so called "problematic DS games", and of a list of microSDs that are very reliable and can handle this type of games.
Thx in advance. =)

EDIT: I already checked scorpei's wiki compatibility list, but it seems it's outdated. It doesn't have one about the 2.1 acekard version.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What microsd brand are you using?? I'm a big castlevania fan and have been using a Transcend 8gb-Class 6 without any issues of slowdown/freezes.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Try a reformat. Also, your Micro SD could be fake as there are alot around these days. Reformat through cmd to check whether it is. If it is fake the Micro SD card will be unusable afterwards though =\

k4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think that is the case for me. I have a 4gb sandisk that I didn't know was a fake one until I read that if it doesn't have a serial number, or if it was made in china, could not be an original one.
Still, some say that even if I buy an original card, it won't properly run PoR. Only a few meet the requirements.

EDIT: I just used a 128 MB kingmax card that came with my cell, to test if PoR will work in it, and it does!

Does anyone know from experience, buying from newegg, which 4gb and up card will run adequately most of the games through an acekard 2.1? I don't want to buy a new, original 4gb sandisk card just to see that I will still have the freezing problems with some games like PoR. Any feedback will be really appreciated. Thx!

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Transcend 8GB Class 6.

POR was freezing for me, but then I decided to reformat my card with the Panasonic formatter and reload all my files. Now (so far) POR seems to run very stable. Not a single freeze. Not even with soft reset and cheats patches enabled.

Mind you the AKAIO loader WILL still freeze, so I use the latest AK2 loader (which is stable).

This card also runs TWEWY intro and DOS videos perfectly smooth. Great card, only cost me $16! :-)

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
CoconutCake said:
I have a Transcend 8GB Class 6.

POR was freezing for me, but then I decided to reformat my card with the Panasonic formatter and reload all my files. Now (so far) POR seems to run very stable. Not a single freeze. Not even with soft reset and cheats patches enabled.

Mind you the AKAIO loader WILL still freeze, so I use the latest AK2 loader (which is stable).

This card also runs TWEWY intro and DOS videos perfectly smooth. Great card, only cost me $16! :-)

Dam, I have those problems sometimes as well, maybe I should reformat as well...
Even with the official AK loader I get freezes in the problematic games. Most of the time I just use an emulator to create the save file I need and then transfer it...

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get POR lockups on my Kingston Japan 4 GB Micro SDHC, but never got a lockup on my 2 GB Kingston Japan stick. Though I didn't play the game enough ont hat stick to know, for certain, if it's a more stable SD stick or if the crash just didn't happen because of the pure randomness of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay