Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vboy.gif
[/p]
A minor update to the one and only Visualboy Advance, thanks to Forgotten!

What's new?

Core changes:
- fixed bug introduced in previous fix to CpuFastSet/CpuSet
- fixed slowdown caused by attempt to speed up emulation

Windows:
- fixed bug when selecting the same render type
- disabled enhanced save type detection

To download visit VISUALBOY ADVANCE HOMEPAGE

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
*now checking if Hamtaro works*

YES YES YES IT WORKS! But the screen freezes
you need a patch for that game to run on emu's, i seen it some where but i cant remember where, sorry

this looks like an oops update from forgotten & not really an update
wink.gif
but still good for those people still using an emu (tsk tsk
dry.gif
)

Angelical_1

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, is it really worth the update? I can't be bothered to get it if it only fixes minor things.Â
wink.gif

Any update that improves stability/functionality or addresses issues that users have had with the prior release I'd class as worth while. We are fortunate that forgotten has continued development when many other gba emu's have long since died.

If you can't be bothered to download because it only addresses minor issues, then what incentive are you sending out to forgotten for him to fix these minor issues. It's like saying, you do more and I'll only bother when you've done what I consider worthy of a download. I'm sorry if this seems harsh.. although I have used your quote I feel all of us should just be gratefull.

Kind Regards Angelical_1

M

mario5555

Hmm, i was kinda hoping Forgotten would fix some stuff.. but does he even check compatibility?
laugh.gif

The GBA community will never know..Â
tongue.gif
Yeah he does, I've seen countless times in the past when he's corrected something in the Emu to make a game playable, and not to long after said game is released and not playabe, so kudos and thanks for him for that.

Plus as far as a compatibility list is concerned would you like to go through 1100+ releases to see if they all worked every release. It like the ZSNES guys having to fix the new versions because games that used to work are broke now. My suggestion is to use an older version in that case and use the new one for improvements it brings.

And to keep him just on this side of the Big N knocking at his door telling him to cease development. So we should be thankful for that and happy he hasn't been targeted by them I guess. (As they did with Ultra HLE, and that happened to Connetix and Bleem for PS1)

I for one am still extremely grateful he takes time out and still develops the emu to make it better and better. He does all the hard work and everyone else reaps the benefits. So be happy with what you have and leave it at that and give credit and thanks where it is due. 'Nuff said.
smile.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be unwise for forgotten to openly admit testing his emulator with commercial game ROMS, seeing as that would imply he uses the program for illegal activities.. that's why "we will never know," he may or may not..

Whether he does test or not, i'm still thankful, I'm just hoping (see previous post) ..
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Purple_Heart, I'm old as well. 👴