ROM Hack [Released] M&L Bowser's Inside Story DX: DS Soundtrack + Voices Restoration

BlazeHeatnix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario-luigi-headphones.jpg

DOWNLOAD
(Version 1.1)
(Version 1.2 coming eventually)

Mod DetailsCurrent ProgressChangelogInstallation Instructions

1. A while back, user Shrinefox made a mod attempting to restore the original soundtrack for BiS, but it went unfinished. Inspired by their efforts, I set out to do this task justice. Every track from the original DS version has been painstakingly converted to work and loop properly in BIS DX, along with all of the original voice clips that were so badly misused in BIS DX. If you're like me and can't stand what the remake did to the sound, then this is for you.

All the music was taken from
    SmashCustomMusic, using their loops. The DS voice clips come courtesy of The Sounds Resource. As an added bonus, I've thrown in an optional remix of the final boss theme, arranged by SypherAP!

In addition, a cheats.txt file has been included for those running Rosalina, containing codes for playing the game on New3DS/Citra in 60fps, courtesy of the
    60 FPS Patches thread. Please note that this cheat is highly unstable on console, capable of crashing at any scene transition, and speeding up certain attacks, so use at your own risk. Turn off 60fps before starting giant battles and the credits. Seems to work perfectly on Citra, however.
  2. Released. Has been tested for the entire game. There's a chance I may have overlooked something, somewhere.

This has only been tested on version 1.2. I have no idea how it might work on earlier versions.
  3. v.1.1
    -Fixed several incorrect voicelines. Thanks, Alphadream.
    -Updated 60fps code (should crash far less often).
    v1.0
    -Initial release.
  4. If you're using Luma3ds 8.0 (Rosalina):
    Hold Select while booting your 3DS and enable game patching in the Luma configuration menu.
    On your SD card, merge the
    luma folder (and its contents) from the ZIP with your luma folder.
    If your copy of the game is a different region, change the directory name inside \luma\titles to
    the titleid of your copy. (e.g. 00040000001D1400)
    Insert your SD card, restart the system, and changes should take place when you launch the game!

If you're using
    Hans:
    Extract the Romfs file of the game. There are several ways to do this.
    e.g. if you have
    GodMode9, mount a decrypted CIA of the game, go to the newly mounted partition and copy the romfs folder structure to the \gm9out directory on your SD card.
    OR use a homebrew like
    braindump to dump it as a bin file which you can then extract.

If you're using
    Citra:
    Download the 3DS .NET Toolkit EXE from the release page and use it to extract your Decrypted CCI/.3DS ROM of the game.
    Replace the files in the extracted Romfs directory with the ones from the zip and rebuild the .3DS file.
    Then you can run it in Citra.

If you're using
    cheats.txt:
    Note: Enable game patching in Luma's config menu, and if using a New 3DS, set New 3DS CPU to Clock+L2.

1.) For 3ds using Latest Luma CFW =
    https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Cheat-Engine

2.) For 3ds using
    CTRPF Action Replay Plugin =
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/database-ctrpf-ar-cheat-codes.493220/

Last edited by BlazeHeatnix,

BlazeHeatnix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I'm having trouble getting the patch to work, there's no luma folder from the download.

Ah, I screwed up and didn't include the correct folders.

I'll fix this in 1.2. For now, inside your Luma folder, make a "titles" folder, then inside that, a folder with the title "00040000001D1400" and dump the contents in there.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm, I can't seem to make it work. Game patching is enabled, running EUR CIA (with the proper folder name in titles) and both updates installed.

/luma/titles/00040000001D1500 is the directory where I pasted romfs folder + cheats.txt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1