ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope you consider the beta testers wisely, as it seems you're doing. The better the beta tester; the better the result. I just know, with Densetsu behind this project, the results are going to be fabulous. I'll be happy the game is fine tuned, versus released faster. Great job Blood of Bahamut Team! :D

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
i think many people know what beta testers do. me personally love what these guys are doing for us, and i would like to contribute for all their effort they have given to this game as a thanks for this translation

Many people know, but let's be honest, quite a few of them only apply to play the game first or to have the "honor" of the position. When it's actually a lot of work that they have to do. Some of them forget that they have to report back with errors. It's why we have to be careful who we choose.
yeah, i totally understand that, im guessing many people would do that if they actually get the chance to play it earlier than others

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i totally understand that, im guessing many people would do that if they actually get the chance to play it earlier than others

Indeed.

We're still going to choose fairly and wisely, though. So for everyone who wants to apply, feel free. :)

I'm not sure if Densetsu's going to announce/list testers or just send the ones who were chosen PMs, but I'm sure he'll decide which solution is best.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd apply for beta testing, but then again... Beta testing is something really hard to do and boring as hell sometimes, I often do closed betas for some stuff (not only games), and hell, sometimes a minor glitch or whatever, might completely ruin and crash the game later on... It's really though. .-."
Then again, I still don't have my R4i working on my 3DS and I'm not that well known around here. =3

Anyways, good luck with the beta testing. ^^

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep, beta testers will be listed in the credits.

I'm sure some of you who are offering your help in beta-testing are aware of what it entails. But for those who haven't beta-tested before or don't know exactly what it is, it can be extremely tedious and requires someone who is meticulous. It might not necessarily be "fun," and the game may be spoiled for you by the time we finish testing. We'll be looking for people who can easily upload screenshots with all their bug reports. Just a heads-up.

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, beta testers will be listed in the credits.

I'm sure some of you who are offering your help in beta-testing are aware of what it entails. But for those who haven't beta-tested before or don't know exactly what it is, it can be extremely tedious and requires someone who is meticulous. It might not necessarily be "fun," and the game may be spoiled for you by the time we finish testing. We'll be looking for people who can easily upload screenshots with all their bug reports. Just a heads-up.
Oh...Uh... If one is testing on a flash card, how can one upload a screenshot?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh...Uh... If one is testing on a flash card, how can one upload a screenshot?
Photographs using an actual digital camera, or at least a phone with a decent camera on it.
What if the best camera one has is incapable of taking images of a DS's screens when it's turned on? Like, say, all you can see is the screen is too bright even on the lowest setting and everything is blurry?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What if the best camera one has is incapable of taking images of a DS's screens when it's turned on? Like, say, all you can see is the screen is too bright even on the lowest setting and everything is blurry?
Well, then that would be a problem. We need people who can take clear pictures.

One way around this would be to use an emulator that's capable of taking screenshots.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, then that would be a problem. We need people who can take clear pictures.

One way around this would be to use an emulator that's capable of taking screenshots.
Well then...I withdraw my application. I hate emulators. They're either too slow or they don't work right.

Reactions: 4 people

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
Hurr so you're actually encouraging applications? In that case, I'd be quite interested, for obvious reasons. I have both alpha and beta tested for more MMOs than I can even remember, so I know how the drill goes, and I can certainly take screenshots and the like. I've now played the majority of it in Japanese too, if that helps ;o

Anyway, once again, keep at it ;)

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurr so you're actually encouraging applications? In that case, I'd be quite interested, for obvious reasons. I have both alpha and beta tested for more MMOs than I can even remember, so I know how the drill goes, and I can certainly take screenshots and the like. I've now played the majority of it in Japanese too, if that helps ;o

Anyway, once again, keep at it ;)
i dont think he encouraged applcations, i just kinda started a possibly annoying flood of applications >_

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a 3DS, DSi, PC and Laptop. I can run on both Nintendo portables and emulator on both computer. I also had an iPhone4 for taking a picture when playing on a portable consoles. I know how to screenshot on a PC and laptop since I do it a lot on my past beta testing (iOS games and apps).

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys/girls could try using pm for these type of request you know, instead of trying to flood this topic with request and hope to get an early patch.

Reactions: 2 people

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To the team:
I think it's better to keep the chosen beta testers secret until release to prevent flood of their PM box from other users asking to leak it.

good luck to whoever will be chosen.
It require a lot of time to check and find many times all possible text/menu/items/story/endings etc.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb