ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

Simon The Digger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to work. Turns out that this particular version of XDelta doesn't want to cooperate with me unless I put it in a folder on the root of my C: drive. (I had a similar problem with the GCCX 2 translation patch.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had another version of Xdelta.exe and it never worked (no message/error/alert/writing files/etc.)
I had to use the included executable and the included GUI to make it work.
So, for users who has issue, be sure to use the included files instead of your own (older or different) version.

The patch was applied so fast I thought it didn't work, 1sec and it's done :P
I don't have time to play the game, but it works fine on DSTwo.
I didn't test my other flashcarts. I can try DSEvolution and M3Simply.

For users who want to use cheatcode, use R4cce0.4 (Cheat Code editor1.01 doesn't support big .dat files) to edit or copy exiting version to the patches to the new GameID+CRC.

disgaea36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to involve imaginary deities now...

I keeled over at this lol I can confirm that the game runs on the acekard 2i and the cheats work if you use the method aaron explained as for those other cards I can't help with since I have never heard of them. Hope you guys enjoy, this one is a doozy haha.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, that's all good news!

I'm currently on a family vacation (nothing too far; Chiba) until this weekend but I will have time to check in periodically. For the black screen issue I'm doing what I said before and trying to make the menu/main game message text file half-width where possible. The ones that are center aligned like button text will have to stay double byte since the positioning is based on the length but description text and messages should be shortened a fair bit. In the end this doesn't affect anything the user sees, but it will make the file smaller and if that's what's causing the black screen on some carts it might fix it, but I can't say for sure either way until I try it.

Anyway I hope you are enjoying the game. It is beatable without any cheats if you are persistent and patient enough. Those extra missions are pretty brutal, though.

Thanks again for all the complements and of course, do remember there were more people that worked on this, too. I listed everyone in the readme file included in the patch as well as in this thread.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

RyviusRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does not work on my Blue MT card for the 3DS.
I just get a white screen after loading the game.

Edit: it works now. I just updated the card.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Well, that's good news. I love problems that solve themselves.

Okay, for the black screen problem I think I have a solution to get around the AP check in the game (thanks to a kind user here for generously offering advice). I'll try it this weekend and see if that fixes the issues with the R4i Max, EZFLASH V and who knows what other cards that may have problems.

Ulieq> yes, though you do jump on the Behemoths as points. You can run along their backs, tails, etc. still, it is mostly a "platformer"

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
You can influence their moves based on where you are (what platform) and what you attack (e.g. Attacking Fenrir's eyes will make him turn to the side) but each Behemoth has a super attack it launches every 5 (or 10) minutes and I don't think those are preventable.

You will find you really need to level up and synth much better items to stand a chance against later Behemoths.

Zio Name

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Out of curiosity, what was the reception for Blood of Bahamut in Japan anyway? Did it get good reviews?

I think Famitsu game BoB something around 30/40. Not sure, though. Players didn't really like it and it sold kinda poorly (if i remember right, around 90,000 copies by the end of 2009), really below Square-Enix expectations. And i can see why. Plot is really, really bad, and the constant. Do a Mission > Try the Next > Exp/Farm if needed > Craft > Repeat can get really boring.

While i really appreciate Aaron's (and the others, of course) work, i can't really say i'm enjoying the game very much.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Yeah, the Japanese sales were less than favorable, especially with the bait and switch they did with the demo of this game (which had full voice acting) and the lack of varied environments and lackluster story made it feel like a budget game for some. Famitsu did give it a 31/40, though that didn't seem to help sales.

For me, this works on a handheld system because I can play a mission, get out, save, done. There is a *lot* of repetition to get anywhere with the later Behemoths and all of the secret ones so if you are OCD like me you can get enjoyment out of that to a degree. I guess it is more of a guilty pleasure than anything.

As for the black screen issue with certain flash carts, (so far R4i Max and EZ-Flash V, but possibly others)...I'm still working on it. My attempts to patch over the AP Checks haven't worked and I've passed around a partial patch with everything as it is now except that the menus are left as the original Japanese. I only did this because I had reports saying the original game worked fine on their carts but the patched version did not. If you have one of these two carts and/or have the same black screen issue, you can give this patch without the menus a go just to see if it works and thus restore my sanity, but if it turns out the menu file is the problem I will have to rewrite it somehow.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I am sorry Aaron but I don't know if it's really usefull. Sure you can patch the AP if present but there are maybe other things needed.
I know some cheap flashcards seem to have some workarounds specific for the game and they activate probably by checksum or similar.
So the only way to get your translation to work is add the new checksum (or your game) to the databases.
See infolib.dat, savlib.dat and extinfo.dat.
Relevant links are:
https://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-infolib-dat-savlib-dat.141993/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/ (the loading errors part)

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
That's all right. I actually am pretty sure I went about trying to patch the rom incorrectly anyway so I'll give it another go today. With luck it should then work on most if not all flash carts.

And then I can look again at that name entry screen...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I redid the sealed slate solutions because the numbers contrasted poorly with some of the images. Here are the final versions:

Sealed Slate #1
05m53zF.jpg

Sealed Slate #2
R5ARFiO.jpg

Sealed Slate #3
GIXGWd9.jpg

Sealed Slate #4
H3QyMiS.jpg

Sealed Slate #5
LtJfycs.jpg

Sealed Slate #6
7eB4ga4.jpg

Sealed Slate #7
SlSFHgk.jpg

Sealed Slate #8
Rnk1AHx.jpg

Sealed Slate #9
qBEmE7S.jpg

Sealed Slate #10
8RvWhKS.jpg
Aaron Chmielowiec feel free to add these to the download package if you want, or if you want to avoid any potential copyright problems, you can just link to this thread in the readme, where these images will also be put up in the first post.

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1