ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

D

Deleted User

My friend has a similar problem he said:
"I've updated the firmware of my R4i Max to the latest (4.2) and it still gives me a black screen after tapping "NEW GAME", the game works on desmume though."

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Geez, what is it with the R4i Max? I had one message and one note written on my profile about that cart. I'll see what I can do but I do know for a fact it works on the original crappy R4, the ACE3DS Plus+ and the DSTWO (and Desmume and No$GBA). Is there anything special about the R4i Max or am I just going to have to poke around to try and fix a special case?

How goes the game for everyone else?

tullfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a certain game doesn't work for a particular card it means that the hex codes haven't been updated on the firmware......jesus.

tullfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaron don't worry about it. r4i max is a cheap garbage clone card for those too cheap to buy an acekard or dstwo

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The god's have smiled upon me with a download patch, finally!

Thank you to the BoB Team for this wonderful patch, looking forward to more great work in the future ^_^

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, I went ahead and tested the patched ROM (I took the patch and applied it on the ROM; doing exactly what you all should be doing). I started a new game, played through the intro mission, selected a character, went into a few menus, selected the next mission and beat that. Here are the results with what I have in terms of carts (I also have an M3i Zero but that POS stopped working for me a while ago):

DS Phat - R4 (original), ACE 3DS Plus, DSTWO all work
DS Lite - R4 (original), ACE 3DS Plus, DSTWO all work
DSiLL - ACE 3DS Plus, DSTWO work (Old R4 didn't work on my DSiLL anyway)
3DS - DSTWO worked (Not sure if ACE3DS Plus will work; haven't looked into it)

Oh yes, I fixed one small thing I didn't notice until someone pointed it out:

VSfLx0J.png
PV7nb2M.png

saldite

Dumb As Hell
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should be D193154F.
Figured I'd ask, but are you certain on that CRC?
I've tried repatching my own dump several times, and the CRC keeps coming out to be 0B24E0CA.
Dumped rom is verified correctly and the file sizes are correct, as well.

ibq6Hc0JLUR36W.jpg

Zemus

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you running an R4i Max? I had a message written to me saying that card was causing problems. For me the game worked fine on an original R4, Ace 3DS Plus and DSTwo but there may be problems with other carts. I'll look into it. The game started feeling a bit "heavy" as in slight delay between some menus when all the text was put in place but I wasn't sure if that would result in a problem.

Many thanks for listening to my feedback (when I first registered the reply button didnt appear , it was because I didnt refresh the page) , I hope it will aid you and any gamers that own a R4i Max .

Sincerely Zemus.

P.S. I read your comment and I would like to add something : the problem does not lie in slow transition from one screen to another ; for me the game freezes in black in both screens when I hit new game in the title screen and I can leave it there for hours , the black screen wont go away.

Sorry if this may seem wrong or if I misread your message

Zemus

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently Working On:
[] Image Extraction/Translating
[] Translating
[〇] Editing Translations
[〇] Beta Testing
[ ] Patch Release

Legend:
[] Complete
[〇] In Progress
[ ] Not Started Yet
Announcements:
02/12/2012
The results of the graphics poll are in. We will be using Graphic #4 (Outline with Shadow) in the patch. Thanks to everyone who voted! We had a small snag in the poll, but luckily tj_cool was able to do some SQL magic to avert the crisis :)

02/03/2012
We have a new poll. Please select a style for the chapter title graphics. Click the spoiler at the very top of this thread to see the choices.

11/01/2011
We have extracted and translated all graphics containing Japanese text that we could find in the ROM. Tricky Upgrade, pleonex, Zydaline and Zarcon were integral in this process.

09/09/2011
The results of the poll are in! We received a total of 161 votes, with 108 for "Behemoth" and 53 for "Colossus." Looks like "Behemoth" stays.

09/03/2011
A poll has been put up for this project! Please vote!
Q: What is this poll about?
A: The giants in the game are living continents upon which people have built nations. It's debatable as to whether they're actually living creatures or not--it's entirely possible they could be more like automatons (golems) animated by godly magic--in the game they were created by Bahamut, but that's about as far as they go in explaining their origin. In the original Japanese they're called 巨獣 (kyojuu, literally "giant beast" or "large animal"). There is a debate among the translators and editors as to whether we should translate the word into "Behemoth" or "Colossus." We want you, the fans of this translation, to help us make the decision!

[yt]kr5NXeslumM[/yt]

[yt]xut_U-05bFQ[/yt]

[yt]TFRaZIccO-c[/yt]

More:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8FEFgdzPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brLyKs9oJnU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsxq7QEZ0Gg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiTL-Bg80CQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIdcjXzj-Ig
(Since the v3+ update on October 8, 2011, GBAtemp no longer allows more than 5 videos to be posted at one time so these must be viewed off-site)
Please note that the translations are constantly being updated so the text you see on the screenshots will not necessarily be the same by the time we release a patch. In fact, much of the text you see in these screenshots has already been changed.
km0xv.jpg
dBZhp.jpg
Wn67f.jpg
bOB4S.jpg

SlHc8.jpg
C7EfV.jpg
NgSuX.jpg
hl0Mc.jpg

XMEPp.jpg
RUbTo.jpg
EcU5D.jpg
TB4SQ.jpg

ujvD9.jpg
Zau0a.jpg
loUxM.jpg
hTBSq.jpg

l9wkX.jpg
vHuYG.jpg
QlVjm.jpg
o1qcp.jpg

1zFQY.jpg
xhk9g.jpg
kNjD5.jpg
nF03k.jpg

enG94.jpg
5LVAl.jpg
iHSEy.jpg
UYgrJ.jpg

gfri1.jpg
LFx77.jpg
vEe3a.jpg
0B2u7.jpg

liQnO.jpg
cdmk3.jpg

DYFVs.jpg
5UUrD.jpg
Q: Why have you started yet another BoB translation topic?
A: Because the first attempt was utter fail, the topic creator having been banned and the thread locked. In the second attempt, the topic creator went AWOL over 2 years ago (made 10 posts and disappeared forever), and there was no organization. As active members who are directly involved in the project, we wanted control of the first post so we could update the topic easily. Third time's a charm?

Q: Will this be a full translation?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Can I help translate or edit?
A: Can you read this image? If yes, send a PM to Densetsu with your English translation of the image. If it's good enough, you will receive a short test designed to further assess your translating ability. If you pass, we want you on the team! The test will consist of an image containing Japanese text including kanji, so you won't be able to cheat by copy-pasting the text into a dictionary. We do not allow machine translations. We want people who actually know and can read Japanese. Experience in playing the game is a plus. We are no longer accepting additional editing help unless you know Japanese. The editing has gotten to the point where you must be able to check the translation against the original Japanese (and play the game in Japanese for context), so even our current editors can't really do much to help at this point in the project timeline.

Q: Can I be a beta-tester?
A: Once the translations have been finished, we will be looking for people who are serious about contributing to the project, not people who "just want to try the patch." As such, the beta test will be invite-only and we will ask a handful of well-known, reputable members who are willing to test it for us. Those who beta-test will be credited in the project. When the beta-testing phase is opened, we will provide the testers with information about proper bug report format (we will require beta-testers to submit screenshots with the reports).

Q: When will you release a patch?
A: After beta-testing is completed.

Q: Is there any way you can speed up the project?
A: :angry:
Retired Project Collaborators:
thanks Densetsu , I was a bit lost and the reply button didnt appear when I registered , it was because I didnt refresh the page , Mr. Aaron heard my feedback and im grateful for it , the same mistake wont happen again.

Simon The Digger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's just me but XDelta refuses to work. I seem to be doing everything right, but when I click "Apply Patch" XDelta GUI just freezes up for a bit like it's doing something and then unfreezes, having not actually done anything.

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you running an R4i Max? I had a message written to me saying that card was causing problems. For me the game worked fine on an original R4, Ace 3DS Plus and DSTwo but there may be problems with other carts. I'll look into it. The game started feeling a bit "heavy" as in slight delay between some menus when all the text was put in place but I wasn't sure if that would result in a problem.

I'm using Easy Flash V to play the game...No matter what I do after the first tutorial mission, I get a black screen of death!

Aaron Chmielowiec

Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, I'm out and about today so I'll have to go into depth later, but...

For the CRC differences, right after I uploaded the patch I saw the new recreated slate solutions and got a note about that spacing issue with obtained items (after a rank bonus) so I quickly overwrote that patch. I'm funny that way, but in any case I'm not touching it again. What's there now will stay as-is. All other fixes will go into a new patch.

Simon> XDelta is very finicky with the source rom. Check your... "source", as in how/where you got it, and try again.

And finally, it looks like EZFlash V and R4i Max have problems? There is one thing I can try but it is very tedious to prepare and I'm not sure if it will fix it. The conversion uses double byte characters for the menus and in-game general message displays, but I can make them half-width and only allocate about half the space to fit them all in. I actually had to do this with the items and abilities files because when the files got too big or long the game started crashing (for me, at the synth shop). Again, don't know if that will fix it, but I can give it a try. You'll have to test it though, since I own neither of those carts nor does anyone I know here where I live have one.

Reactions: Densetsu

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
what is the patched CRC?
Should be D193154F.
Figured I'd ask, but are you certain on that CRC?
I've tried repatching my own dump several times, and the CRC keeps coming out to be 0B24E0CA.
Dumped rom is verified correctly and the file sizes are correct, as well.
For the CRC differences, right after I uploaded the patch I saw the new recreated slate solutions and got a note about that spacing issue with obtained items (after a rank bonus) so I quickly overwrote that patch. I'm funny that way, but in any case I'm not touching it again. What's there now will stay as-is. All other fixes will go into a new patch.
Just re-quoted everyone again so that everything is in context.

Ok, that makes sense. I'm using the v1.0 patch that was first uploaded yesterday. If it was updated since I downloaded it, then saldite must be using what is actually a "v1.000001" patch with the character spacing fix.

So with the v1.0 patch that's currently up, I guess the patched CRC is now 0B24E0CA? I'll update the first post if that's the case.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you know I've tested it on the SC DS1 i, which few if anyone owns (I still do) and it works fine on there.... I put slate pics in my moonshell folder for later in-between game viewing.

Is it my imagination or are these games that are not being released here in the west really that much better (as they appear to be to me) than those that ARE being released here.. In other words, those games making it over here (to the US) seem to be inferior in quality and have been leaning more in that direction with each passing year. This game just emphasizes that all that much more. This is a work of art. THIS is what games are (should be) all about. Besides Fire Emblem Awakening, most of the games, ports aside, that have been released on the 3ds, have been mere shells of what the regular DSi received, graphics aside. I hear Fire Emblem was because of extreme pressure of last offering fate that inspired that creativity and those results, so we have no real guarantee of a future edition after than one, it could well have been a swan song game. Sorry for going off topic.

Reactions: Aaron Chmielowiec

tullfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its because squares been more interested in force feeding us that silly kingdom hearts series while series like SaGa Front Mission and Mana have fallen by the wayside. theres scores of games that could have very well have been released internationally but no. kingdom hearts this and kingdom hearts that.....its sickening. theres even people extremely unsatisfied in the way biohazard/resident evil has been coming about. video game producers should cater to the fans rather than opt to release what they think we may like

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Site & Scene News