Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah exactly i don't get whats the big deal?
you can just launch a CN CIA and in 2 more clicks you do the same thing it's not like it's signed right?

Doesn't work for those of us that use autoboot, CN CIA would only launch the existing boot.3dsx file which would not be the 3dsx for hbl if autobooting.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the wifi on at the time so it downloaded through wifi but offline doesnt work. I downloaded the otherapp payload for 9.9 but unsure how to set it up on the sd card. it should be like this?

hblauncherloader/otherapp/payload/OLD-9-9-0-26-USA.bin?

D

Deleted-236924

Still a pretty hacky way of having to do it, lol.
Heh, at least it works. :P
Any idea if that works with a Cubic Ninja .cia? Or only that homebrew hbl loader?

Had the wifi on at the time so it downloaded through wifi but offline doesnt work. I downloaded the otherapp payload for 9.9 but unsure how to set it up on the sd card. it should be like this?

Hold Y while you start up the thing and it will save the payload to SD card after it downloads it. It will then work offline.

Reactions: calebsw and cvskid

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

No, it goes on the root of your sd card named as follows (the underscores are needed): hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-9-9-0-26-USA.bin

Heh, at least it works. :P

I guess so, but it's extremely prone to human reaction times and error. I've tried like 5 times so far and I just keep freezing the 3DS (I don't have the best reaction times, I admit). It's faster for me to just go back into ctrbootmanager and just hit reset with how finnicky it is. :\

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: cvskid

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
works flawlessly on my 10.3 emunand, o3ds.
coldboot RXtools with crtbm, but with some payload.bin editing, it works without having to hold button to intercept crtbm. all thanks to Hayleia!

(ninja'd) also for those who has trouble getting it to make it booting offline (need to be connected to wifi on every run). try hold y when it is downloading payload i don't know why, but downloaded payload didn't get stored on my SD everytime the loader downloads it if i don't hold y button, resulting on the next run it'll say cannot find the payload and try to download it again, thus needing internet connection every single time.

Reactions: calebsw

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Pretty awesome news, but I have a question - since we're going to be running this HBL from emunand, will the .3dsx homebrew apps be able to access things like dynarec and other CFW-exclusive things? I personally can't think of a way it would - and in that case we might be better off using the .cia version of certain apps like the Retroarch emulators.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

The slashes should be underlines.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: cvskid

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Pretty awesome news, but I have a question - since we're going to be running this HBL from emunand, will the .3dsx homebrew apps be able to access things like dynarec and other CFW-exclusive things? I personally can't think of a way it would - and in that case we might be better off using the .cia version of certain apps like the Retroarch emulators.

I think it's possible but we have to find the way to do the kernelhax in the booting of the launcher

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Probably not, since libkhax and stuff would be patched (due to having an emuNAND on 9.3+). I'll try it in a minute though with gpSP.

Edit: No dynarec with this on emuNAND 9.3+, it looks like (expected). gpSP's options don't show dynarec, but I'll check pcsx too just to be safe. and pcsx is slow as molasses. So yeah, no dynarec with this method if you're on emuNAND 9.3+.

Last edited by daxtsu,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it goes on the root of your sd card named as follows (the underscores are needed): hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-9-9-0-26-USA.bin

I guess so, but it's extremely prone to human reaction times and error. I've tried like 5 times so far and I just keep freezing the 3DS (I don't have the best reaction times, I admit). It's faster for me to just go back into ctrbootmanager and just hit reset with how finnicky it is. :\
Thank you. Everything works fine now.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For those having issues getting it working, you could perhaps try downloading the payload manually and putting it on your SD card:

1. Go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds
2. Scroll down and download the "otherapp" payload for your firmware
3. Rename it to hblauncher_otherapp_payload_XXX_Y-Y-Y-Y-ZZZ.bin, where XXX is OLD or NEW (old 3ds or new 3ds), Y-Y-Y-Y is your firmware version, and ZZZ is your region (USA, EUR, JPN, KOR, CHN, TWN).
4. Put it on the root of your sd card.

Then it shouldn't need internet afterward.

If you're having problems with autobooting stuff, people have already mentioned using a hex editor or notepad/whatever to edit the payload.

Edit: Looked in the source, it's definitely JPN for Japan.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use SVDT and Save manager and they both lock up on 2.5 payloads so... Anyone have the otherapp payload for Ninjhax 2.1 9.5.0.23U please?? Otherwise this is really not going to work on my homebrews.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use SVDT and Save manager and they both lock up on 2.5 payloads so... Anyone have the otherapp payload for 9.5.0.23U please?? Otherwise this is really not going to work on my homebrews.

Just go to http://smealum.github.io/3ds and download it there (hit the otherapp button, not the ropbin button).

Edit: Or did you mean 2.1 payloads? I have no clue where to get those anymore, sorry.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder how he managed to edit the red 3ds wave logo into that homebrew one. I'm pretty sure makerom isn't doing that (and I don't see anything in the source related to it, but maybe I'm blind)..

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I wonder how he managed to edit the red 3ds wave logo into that homebrew one. I'm pretty sure makerom isn't doing that (and I don't see anything in the source related to it, but maybe I'm blind)..
https://github.com/yellows8/ctr-logobuilder

I meant the slashes should be underlines, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)