[RELEASE] YAUV - Yet Another Unearthed Vita - port of Uncharted 1/2 clone by mrdivdiz

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAUV v0.9 - Yet Another Unearthed Vita - Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta port
iqbpjqmxpev71.jpg

YAUV v0.9 - Yet Another Unearthed Vita - Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta port - Uncharted 1/2 clone

Port is still in early state and got a bunch of problems. so I have to gather debug information via vita community.Playability is around Borderlands 2 level (still better than revelations 2, still looks better than BL2) and I have much work to do before this game port can be marked as done.

This is a combined (PS3 + PC + Android) version port.

Differences from android:

- No more ugly beat-em-up minigame.You don`t want to play this horrifying mode.

- SSAO algorithm, which exists only on other another game on vita (AFAIK) - Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

- Graphics is not on its peak.Textures will be much better someday, and framerate will increase when I find a way to cull invincible objects.

About framerate: game often drops to 20 FPS because of CPU, so SSAO doesn`t affect stability at all. For example, with SSAO FPS is capped on 20 frames, and without SSAO it will fluct often between 30 and 20. We have to find bugs, crashes.For now you can only comple singleplayer campaigh and that`s all.Can`t publish source to github right now since there is unknown errors.If you urgently want them, contact me in pm and I will send you archives with unity project.

VPK can be downloaded via github:

https://github.com/mrdivdiz/yauv/releases/tag/v0.9

Last edited by SuperDan,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    there haven't been new posts in meme box in multiple days despite posts in the thread receiving plenty of likes
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The new forum software did cause some issues with the maymaybox, I remember hearing somewhere.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought that was solved.
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    On the phone with att wish me luck
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Why do you love?
    Gift
    20 minutes still play jump around with att
    Gift
    Another 8 minute transfer yay
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    PLEASE HOLD. YOUR CALL IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. PLEASE CONTINUE TO HOLD.
    Gift
  • ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened:
    in other words *please hang up*
    Gift
  • ClancyDaEnlightened @ ClancyDaEnlightened:
    stop bitching on the phone
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/OO_programming/ <- OOP allows a generic build to scale approach to solve problems. And compatibility. In my experience an API/Shared Libraries by being encapsulated, is less likely to get optimized/destroyed by the compiler, specifically in embedded platforms.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    No doubt it will be slower, but if you can and have the resources to hand-optimize away the code
    , do it.
    Gift
    If you dont bitch nothing will get done correctly
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    Also allows to separate pieces in components: Init, update, destroy, which enables the whole program to be inheritable. If you're creating a first person shooter, and want to add multiplayer, you will have to use OOP regardless.
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    and forget about memory management
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when you had to write your code exactly or things would just break instantly lol 48K was all you had on an Apple IIe and that was with added RAM ai think... Forgot so much over the years lol
    Gift
    Back when Apple included a programming manual in the box...
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    yeah, psi gets it. Imagine building a 3D game and the compiler/linker breaks your code because you didn't order the data in a certain way
    Gift
    Yeah I dimly recall if your have the compiler set to optimize too agresively things can get crazy
    Gift
    Like setting it really high can work but sometimes requires rewrite of code and that's if the error spat out makes any sense
    Gift
    I used to be great at finding nested loop logic error
    Gift
    I remember finding a bug in some C++ code for a company and they sent me a watch and some money it was cool
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    nice
    Gift
  • Coto @ Coto:
    also that site at the same time recommends Go lang, more like Go LoL
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what does league of legends have to do with anything?
    Gift
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: what does league of legends have to do with anything?