Homebrew Official [RELEASE] WUP Installer GX2 RPX Channel

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hbc is the hbl channel
the only hbc don't have the code to manage install from miimaker
i release elf cause the rpx, don't manage exiting app the same way because the procUI use
you can do a couple if else statments in procUi by checking for titleID
if its the wup installer gx2 title id handle it normaly
else handle it like hbl/hbl channel...
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Coreinit.rpl#OSSystem -> OSGetTitleID

Last edited by Zarklord,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
you can do a couple if else statments in procUi by checking for titleID
if its the wup installer gx2 title id handle it normaly
else handle it like hbl/hbl channel...
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Coreinit.rpl#OSSystem -> OSGetTitleID
thx for the idea, but in this case, no advantage to done this, cause the installable channel have image Inside the "content" folder and not the rpx, so we can apply theme changing image with a server or an update, but if you open the rpx in hbl, no image Inside the app... also, i need to manage two versions... or by cheching TitleID, load image from a theme folder on sdcard... what do you think?

Zarklord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the idea, but in this case, no advantage to done this, cause the installable channel have image Inside the "content" folder and not the rpx, so we can apply theme changing image with a server or an update, but if you open the rpx in hbl, no image Inside the app... also, i need to manage two versions... or by cheching TitleID, load image from a theme folder on sdcard... what do you think?
with a little work you can have the makefile have two make settings
make hbl -> makes a rpx suitable for hbl use has the images and such compiled in
make channel -> makes a rpx that looks in vol/content/ for the images and such
and it wouldnt be hard if you did the resource manager how hbl has it...

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always get "confirm complete wup files are in the folder" error. Trying to install on nand. Any idea what could happen ? I have no special character in the folders.. Tried also one single folder at a time in the /install/ directory. Nothing seems to solve that. Tried 2 different things to install.
Might be because I have set my Wii U in (North American) French ?

Edit : oh I see, just forgot to start with the signature patches on

Last edited by MaitreLLD,

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
I had DSI Exception today, bad files?
Wii U restarted I deleted the game that crashed when installing
from where do you launched the app? hbl, hbl channel, or wup installer gx2 channel?
if there is hbl, i know there are some problem after the install is done, but the game should work good an your wiiu is safe

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I simply can't get this to work if my USB drive is connected - as soon as I try launch it, I get error 199-9999. If I disconnect USB, it launches fines. I've tried installing to sysNAND with USB disconnected, I've tried moving it to USB after installing to sysNAND, etc. But no matter what, as soon as I launch it with USB connected, I get the error.

Happened on old version, and the new version.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I simply can't get this to work if my USB drive is connected - as soon as I try launch it, I get error 199-9999. If I disconnect USB, it launches fines. I've tried installing to sysNAND with USB disconnected, I've tried moving it to USB after installing to sysNAND, etc. But no matter what, as soon as I launch it with USB connected, I get the error.

Happened on old version, and the new version.
Then install it to USB, if you have a USB connected, that's the whole point of using a USB, is so you don't have to install these unsigned channels to the NAND anyway.

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol why would it be something else its this channel thats the problem.wii u works fine before i install it .strange thing now i cant get online at all once its installed mmmmm
.what else would it be.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
lol why would it be something else its this channel thats the problem.wii u works fine before i install it .strange thing now i cant get online at all once its installed mmmmm
.what else would it be.
Well, considering that I and many others have it installed with no problem with the WiFi, it's pretty safe to assume it's not the channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1