Translation [Release][WonderSwan] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shito Ikusei English Translation

Illidanz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Released exclusively for the WonderSwan in 1999, Neon Genesis Evangelion Shito Ikusei provides a new look into the world in the moments preceding the Third Impact. Take control of Ryoji Kaji as he investigates into the nefarious goings-on around the NERV headquarters and Tokyo-3.

More than twenty years after its original release, the game is finally playable in English!

As you play, you will have to manage your time well as you explore, talk to NPCs, and care for the angel. With numerous story events and over twenty angels, do you have what it takes to find them all and get to the bottom of NERV’s secret plans?

go6MQNd.png

Download:
Patch download
More info & extra content

Usage:
Before you can play the translation, you’ll need to patch the game on your computer using a legal copy of the ROM.
We have included two versions of the patch, as an .ips and a .xdelta file, so you may choose your preferred patching method. You only need to apply ONE patch.

=IPS Patch=
-Before getting started, it is advisable to create a backup of your ROM first, as this method will overwrite the file.
-Download Lunar IPS from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/
-Extract the file, and run Lunar IPS
-Click 'Apply IPS Patch' and choose the 'ShitoPatch.ips' file. Then, when prompted to select a file to patch, choose your copy of the ROM, which should be a '.ws' filetype. If it does not appear in the Lunar IPS selection window, try changing the file type filter from 'Most Common ROM Files' to 'All Files'.
-Click open, and you're good to go!
=xdelta Patch=
-Download DeltaPatcher from https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
-Extract the file, and run either DeltaPatcher or DeltaPatcherLite
-'Original file' should be your copy of the ROM, as an '.ws' filetype.
-For 'XDelta patch', choose the 'ShitoPatch.xdelta' file.
-Hit apply patch, and you're good to go!
*Note that this will overwrite your original file. If you’d like to keep a copy of it instead, change the settings by clicking the cog icon, and tick “Backup original file”. This will create a new ‘--PATCHED.ws’ file instead.
---

Play this file on an emulator such as Oswan, or use a flashcart to play it on any member of the WonderSwan family.

Tool:
If you’re interested in knowing more about the hacking specifics or translating the game into another language, the source code & compiled program covering both text and image extraction/repacking can be found on Github.

Want to get in touch?
Join our discord server to send us your questions, check out our other projects or even lend a hand in our mission to bring more anime games to the English-speaking fandom!

Credits:
Project Lead & Graphics

frogatr

Translation
Haribeau

Hacking
Illidan

PrinceOfBrains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always been SUPER curious to try this, the deluge of Eva games from this era has always been fascinating to me. I'm going to have to try this as soon as I, uh, actually get around to buying that Wonderswan.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've always been SUPER curious to try this, the deluge of Eva games from this era has always been fascinating to me. I'm going to have to try this as soon as I, uh, actually get around to buying that Wonderswan.
The problem isn't buying the WS as they are pretty cheap and plentiful. The problem is buying the flash cart which is pretty rare and hardly ever in stock.

Reactions: PrinceOfBrains

PrinceOfBrains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't buying the WS as they are pretty cheap and plentiful. The problem is buying the flash cart which is pretty rare and hardly ever in stock.

It's true, I got real lucky earlier this year - I still get email updates from FlashMasta after buying one of his NGPC flash carts a while back, and when he said he got more WonderSwan carts in I figured I should do it while I had the chance. Now I just need the actual WonderSwan to go with it :rofl2:

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great translation so far (aside from some of the English letters having shading issues), but the team that worked on it is... quite the opposite.

Last edited by SDA,

El_Syd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I like the look of the WonderSwan. Too bad there are only about 10 translated titles (including this and notably, a sequel to Megaman and Bass) and I don't understand Japanese, else I would have thought about buying the actual hardware.

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like the look of the WonderSwan. Too bad there are only about 10 translated titles (including this and notably, a sequel to Megaman and Bass) and I don't understand Japanese, else I would have thought about buying the actual hardware.
See, there's even a thread I made about this - the games for WonderSwan I want to be translated in English.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wonderswan-color-games-that-need-an-english-translation.590089/
My top wish is Rockman.EXE - N1 Battle.

Reactions: El_Syd

Titney

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No you just want my asshole that's the difference