• Views 14,249
  • Replies 41
  • Likes 11

GizmoRose

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wow I love this! nothing like a good texture mod to make a game look better and feel more immersive!
I have never installed a texture mod onto my 3ds, any instructions for a noob?
Thanks!

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It looks great! Amazing project (: I really love HD textures and i never thought it'd fit so well on AC:NL. Keep up!

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, I have an update planned for release in a few weeks but I currently have no access to my 3DS.
But when I do, I do need someone that is able to do some audio edits because I'm gonna replace the music with realistic outdoor sounds. Like, in the morning there'll be birds chirping, and in the afternoon you'll have much of the same, but with minor stuff like wind sound effects and for the evening, you'll have crickets and probably owls or wolves making sounds. And the rain will just be that, rain sounds.
Also, I might change the textures for the trees and physical bushes.
I thought the thread was dead so I was gonna cancel the update but I like the fact that people love this so, I won't give up.
Also, would a custom keyboard be good? With Korean, maybe Chinese, and definitely Japanese on it. I'll even throw in the symbols used in @RyDog plugin if he allows me to do so.
Does that sound cool? :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It looks very nice !
(I want to try it but I have no idea how to install a texture pack :unsure:)
wow I love this! nothing like a good texture mod to make a game look better and feel more immersive!
I have never installed a texture mod onto my 3ds, any instructions for a noob?
Thanks!
I can make a YT tutorial when I get my DS back, that should clear things up. :)

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I have an update planned for release in a few weeks but I currently have no access to my 3DS.
But when I do, I do need someone that is able to do some audio edits because I'm gonna replace the music with realistic outdoor sounds. Like, in the morning there'll be birds chirping, and in the afternoon you'll have much of the same, but with minor stuff like wind sound effects and for the evening, you'll have crickets and probably owls or wolves making sounds. And the rain will just be that, rain sounds.
Also, I might change the textures for the trees and physical bushes.
I thought the thread was dead so I was gonna cancel the update but I like the fact that people love this so, I won't give up.
Also, would a custom keyboard be good? With Korean, maybe Chinese, and definitely Japanese on it. I'll even throw in the symbols used in @RyDog plugin if he allows me to do so.
Does that sound cool? :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can make a YT tutorial when I get my DS back, that should clear things up. :)
Sounds cool
Im more in Texture hack useful then in sound

D

Deleted User

OP
and i have the acnl files from the game already ready
So i could search the keyboard and try to replace it
Wait, so what are you asking?
I already have the keyboard hack half ready, but if you'd like to make it yourself then here's the 2 things I used.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-msbt-editor-reloaded.406208/
And to convert Chinese/Japanese/Korean, use this website.
Most converters I found didn't do it right, but lemme give you a quick explaination.
Normal letters like ABC, have the 2 zeros at the end of them in memory. So it'd be like "XX00".
Japanese letters use that extra space, so it'd be something like "XX30".
Easy enough, but here's where it can take a long time.
When you get your letters, it could be "30XX".
That's because you need to reverse it. Make sure the 30 is the last two numbers.

Here's the converter that works for me.
https://r12a.github.io/apps/conversion/
Put your letters in the box below the green one, and after you do that, click convert and go to the last box and you'll get your data.

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well i have something to do for the rest of the evening that i have
Lol, shouldn't take long at all. Took me about 40 to get the keys all set and working.
But it's best to put them in the tab that has the russion letters.
Mainly because you can put hiragana in the lowercase section, and have it turn to katakana in the capital section.
For the accent letters, you can just do that yourself because it is in the same concept.
if you need the location for the Keyboard in the ROM file, check here:
romfs/Layout/swkbd
I may have the last folder misspelled cuz it's been a while since I worked on that part of the game but, you get the idea. Look for a similar folder, then try to find the keyboard file that matches your region. (Something like "US_English")
I tried to just replace it with the Japanese one and it didn't work.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lol, shouldn't take long at all. Took me about 40 to get the keys all set and working.
But it's best to put them in the tab that has the russion letters.
Mainly because you can put hiragana in the lowercase section, and have it turn to katakana in the capital section.
For the accent letters, you can just do that yourself because it is in the same concept.
if you need the location for the Keyboard in the ROM file, check here:
romfs/Layout/swkbd
I may have the last folder misspelled cuz it's been a while since I worked on that part of the game but, you get the idea. Look for a similar folder, then try to find the keyboard file that matches your region. (Something like "US_English")
I tried to just replace it with the Japanese one and it didn't work.
Well found it
How did you edited the graphics(like the grass and so)?

D

Deleted User

OP
Well found it
How did you edited the graphics(like the grass and so)?
A little program calls do EveryFileExplorer.
Don't use ohana, it doesn't work well with mipmapping. (I think that's what acnl uses)
Use Ohana Rebirth to see what the models look like before importing them into your game.

D

Deleted User

OP
FINALLY got my DS back. Time to start making more progress. I'll release a teaser today. ;)

D

Deleted User

OP
My peoples! Check the first post, I'm gonna update it with a little filler. It has all Korean, and Japanese letters on it. Even enables an unused 4th tab in the Symbols section. There's nothing there in any rom, but if you add something, the unused tab will pop up!

Bungee_Cord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crud this looks incredible! I didn't even think texture hacks were possible on ACNL and it looks beautiful. I'd love to see you try and texture hack some other games too like Ocarina of time 3d or Majoras mask 3d since i haven't seen anyone really try and hack that game other than making NTR plugins.

Reactions: YTElias

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holy crud this looks incredible! I didn't even think texture hacks were possible on ACNL and it looks beautiful. I'd love to see you try and texture hack some other games too like Ocarina of time 3d or Majoras mask 3d since i haven't seen anyone really try and hack that game other than making NTR plugins.
Making a Rom hack first needs... Textures thats where most people give up^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==