Homebrew [Release] [WIP] ASCIIJump for 3DS - A Geometry Dash remake for the 3DS!

JackMacWindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Today I am releasing my first 3DS program! I have been working on this for a few weeks, and today it is finally in a releasable condition. The game is currently a small demo, but I will keep continuing development. The first level has been half-completed and is based on Stereo Madness. I have not been able to get the sound working yet, so please tell me if you see a problem with the sound code. If you want to make a new level, please PM me the level codes like below (and optionally the title), and I'll add it.
Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 5.02.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 5.03.53 PM.png How to make a level: ----v
Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 5.05.56 PM.png

The code is available at http://github.com/Emerson-School-Coders/ASCIIJump/. The binaries are also available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/d3x7whvf0sdjco3/ASCIIJump3DS.zip?dl=0. Thanks to Voxel Studio for creating a CIA! I have not tested it personally (I am on 10.5), but the banner is awesome! This link is the CIA + the music and scores that I added.
Also, the background music I added with the data is from Bensound, just adding that to make sure they get credit.

Last edited by JackMacWindows,
D

Deleted User

By the way, the CIA I made doesn't let you return to the Home menu.
Anyone who wants to recompile the code and make a CIA that does return to the home menu, feel free to make it. ;)

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
By the way, the CIA I made doesn't let you return to the Home menu.
Anyone who wants to recompile the code and make a CIA that does return to the home menu, feel free to make it. ;)
i have a CIA but i haven't tested it, can i upload it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have a CIA but i haven't tested it, can i upload it?

Attachments

• install-me.7z
    423.6 KB · Views: 248

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
As for the sound code, i've seen in your repository you've included a partial luaSound.
Maybe you should consider to take a look to SMuRF repository since it has basically the same audio playback function of lpp-3ds but wrote in pure C instead of working with Lua stack (it just have audiobuffer refilling with a socket, you should replace this part of code with the original lpp-3ds ones to get file loaded from SD): https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/S...c08daf90c3f7f4dfb394a72b/3DS_Server/Sound.cpp (i suggest you to refer to this version and not latest commit since latest commit is broken.)

D

Deleted User

I might not get time to make the CIA build pretty since it's getting late on my end...

Filo97, fill me in, brother! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins