Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Lyuca

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, if i install wii/gc games with this method do i still need to have a different hard drive for wii/gc games? ( Maybe i read wrong informations online )

Please let me know, thanks

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, if i install wii/gc games with this method do i still need to have a different hard drive for wii/gc games? ( Maybe i read wrong informations online )

Please let me know, thanks
No, if you use this method you install from SD card to either Wii U internal nand storage or a Wii U formatted external usb drive

I installed all my Wii and GameCube games this way and it made my Wii obsolete so I disconnected it and put it away and only use one external drive.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man this is a giant long thread... I'm truly sorry if this has already been asked, answered, etc.

Basically can this take advantage of the WiiFlow "autoboot" function, such as the one used by Not64 which lets you directly load a pre-configured game?

At least for Not64, the way you do it is via the meta.xml located in the same folder as the app's boot.dol which means it's not just compatible with WiiFlow but also the homebrew channel by itself as well a custom individual-game Wii channel forwarders (no idea about Wii U forwarders).

For reference this is the according lines controller the autoboot function in Not64's meta.xml that I speak of:

Code:
	<arguments>
<!--	<arg>rompath = "[sd,usb]:/path/to/file"</arg>	-->
	</arguments>
	<ahb_access/>

There's also an undocumented "<arg>LoadButtonSlot = #</arg>" meta.xml argument that, if you replace # with 0 1 2 or 3, lets you automatically load one of Not64's four saved button configs (or at least it's supposed to, there's a long-standing bug that can cause anything other than button slot 0 to load correctly).

EDIT: I discovered the following line at the end of Not64's settings.cfg file:
Code:
rompath = ""
I believe this may be the setting that the autoboot function temporarily sets - I say this because, if you manually fill in the rompath in the settings.cfg file with something like the following:
Code:
rompath = "sd:/not64/roms/game.z64"
then it'll always auto-load the according rom even if you straight-up delete the meta.xml file located in the apps/not64 folder. This also means that it even works with forwarders!... though you're stuck with only a single rom unless you want to swap SD cards in a game cartridge sort of way.

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac,
Reactions: SaulFabre

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SaulFabre

Jay_Rose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
new to this injector stuff. I'm getting the error:
Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\users\******\Appdata\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\TIKTEMP\tmd.bin
If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Jay_Rose,
Reactions: XDeltaOne

ITZZOM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\users\******\Appdata\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\TIKTEMP\tmd.bin
Do you have that problem only when injecting wii games? I had the same issue, but then I realized it only occured when I was injecting nkit.iso roms. Have you tried with wbfs?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, if you use this method you install from SD card to either Wii U internal nand storage or a Wii U formatted external usb drive

I installed all my Wii and GameCube games this way and it made my Wii obsolete so I disconnected it and put it away and only use one external drive.
I was just thinking about doing this and wondered the same thing. Now I’m going to get some Wii games and maybe some GameCube.

TamaPochi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have cooldboot Haxchi. I had it all working a year ago lost my sd card and wanted to play my Wii injects.
I installed them on the internal storage.
My GC Injects I got to work again by downloading nintendont.
But the Wii injects always freezes my console with a blackscreen, tried to reinstall the WUB a few times but nothing works.
Am I forgetting something to put on my SD card, or anything else you can suggest me?

D

Deleted User

I have cooldboot Haxchi. I had it all working a year ago lost my sd card and wanted to play my Wii injects.
I installed them on the internal storage.
My GC Injects I got to work again by downloading nintendont.
But the Wii injects always freezes my console with a blackscreen, tried to reinstall the WUB a few times but nothing works.
Am I forgetting something to put on my SD card, or anything else you can suggest me?

So you're using a new sd card now correct? Coldboot still working when you turn on the Wii U you have blackscreen that says autobooting?

D

Deleted User

I'm not real sure they should be working AFAIK. Are you able to get into vWii menu it's not bricked is it?

D

Deleted User

Do you have any Wii Isos you could try to play on vWii and see if they work if you don't already have them setup on VWii? This will narrow down the issue to being on the vWii side or Wii U side.

XDeltaOne

Have a good time ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a fix?

PoiRan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi.
I made a vWii Nand Channel via Tecon Moon Injector, with the Zelda Ocarina of time wad Installed in vWii.
The game boot properly but i can't use the classic controller emulate mode, the wii u game pad simply doesn't recognize as classic controller. Do i need to do anything more to use this injector function?

I have similar issue. Figured it would be a good way to play Ocarina of Time, especially if combined with Patcher64+ tool. The game works well if started from Wii mode (classic controller obviously), but if started from Wii U it still demands a classic controller (and I have to force a restart of the Wii U)

At the moment I'm considering using the gamecube version of Ocarina of Time. It works well, with gamepad support. Haven't tried Majora's Mask yet.

sharkticonnz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but so I have installed wiiflow lite on vwii and have used teconmoons injector wiivc using wiiflow boot.dol to create a wii u channel for it. It loads up fine from the wii u menu but when I try running a game i get a cannot load game error. when I run a game from vwii homebrew channel it works fine. do I have to have a wiiflow lite channel forwarder on the vwii menu ( currently I dont have) or is there another step I have to do? any help would be great thanks

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all sorry if this has been asked before but so I have installed wiiflow lite on vwii and have used teconmoons injector wiivc using wiiflow boot.dol to create a wii u channel for it. It loads up fine from the wii u menu but when I try running a game i get a cannot load game error. when I run a game from vwii homebrew channel it works fine. do I have to have a wiiflow lite channel forwarder on the vwii menu ( currently I dont have) or is there another step I have to do? any help would be great thanks
Wiiflow lite can’t launch games as an inject. It has something to do with the game pad support. In the wiiflow lite thread there is a forwarder from the WiiU menu you can get that will work, but no game pad support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.