Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@huma_dawii I can say that the new-and-much-improved WiiVC Injector is absurdly close to being done, I just don't want to give a time-frame and get everyone's hopes up just to disappoint. I'm still really new to C# and I keep finding really stupid bugs. Testing in a variety of Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 VMs to make sure different OS' aren't affected.

@SuperMarioeKirbyfan Thanks for reporting your username issue with the current injection script, thanks to that I was able to make sure that special characters in the username field won't break game generation in the WiiVC Injector Rewrite.

Alright! No rush! I want this as stable as posible so I can go ahead and get my whole library installed! :D

Reactions: PascalLeroi

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@huma_dawii I can say that the new-and-much-improved WiiVC Injector is absurdly close to being done, I just don't want to give a time-frame and get everyone's hopes up just to disappoint. I'm still really new to C# and I keep finding really stupid bugs. Testing in a variety of Win7, Win8.1 and Win10 VMs to make sure different OS' aren't affected.

November 9th will be exactly two months since your original thread which may be perfect timing for a release. ::hype:: <3

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got the minimun files requirement not met issue... :/
Your BootSound.wav is no good, doesn't have the proper wav header and therefore it's failing to be converted. Did you just rename an mp3 or other file to a wav? That won't work.

Either way, try exporting your sound file with audacity to get a proper wav file.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your BootSound.wav is no good, doesn't have the proper wav header and therefore it's failing to be converted. Did you just rename an mp3 or other file to a wav? That won't work.

Either way, try exporting your sound file with audacity to get a proper wav file.
Well I got the minimun files requirement not met issue... :/

and just a little note that Audacity 2.2.0 has been released today which includes themes and several improvements.
You can check out the release notes for the over 200+ bugs fixed here: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.2.0
> http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

Last edited by datahoarder,

WiisleyU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The new script update will bring all the modifications to nfs2iso2nfs including the "ZL/ZR" fix, correct "horizontal/vertical" and InstantCC?
I'm waiting for it, keeping my Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, Need for Speed, Geometry Wars galaxies and Arc Rise Fantasia isos here.
If it will have a new GUI I suggest a "Progress Bar", without a GUI only a percentage or "|||| |" or "..... ." bars will help us.
A "Conversion Completed" notification and a function "Copy to SD" like the USB Helper has would be wonderful too!

Here I have converted so many Wii games thanks to you @KhaderWelaye , I couldn't had it in another way so big thanks and congratulations for you and all the people helping!

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, won't even be a script anymore. It'll be a fully functioning standalone program with a real GUI. Should be released soon™
What about updates, are you implementing some way to update the program without having to download it every single time, and re enter the Wii U Key or whatever the name is?

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about updates, are you implementing some way to update the program without having to download it every single time, and re enter the Wii U Key or whatever the name is?
I don't have an update function (yet), but with the new version the keys are saved in registry so that you don't have to re-enter them everytime, and the base files are stored in ProgramData so that it doesn't have to re-download the base files every time.

So when a new version came out, you'd download it and all the keys and downloaded base files would still exist and be used the same way.

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tl;dr Would I need sigpatches if I were to inject a 20XX ISO? Would all Nintendont compatible controllers still work (especially GC adapter and Wii U Pro)?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool for injecting wii homebrew .dol files but not all wii homebrew is updated to use the gamepad, so i was wondering if the injecter script could be updated with an option to use gamepad or not like it does when injecting wii games?

Swordfest

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

Alright, thanks!

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really cool for injecting wii homebrew .dol files but not all wii homebrew is updated to use the gamepad, so i was wondering if the injecter script could be updated with an option to use gamepad or not like it does when injecting wii games?
This is a feature implemented in the re-write which will be released soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr