[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KhaderWelaye, Sep 9, 2017.

1. KhaderWelaye
    OP

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    Good to know, I may still release 1.0.5 tonight as a stability update but I definitely want to experiment with some new features being implemented in nfs2iso2nfs 0.5, also seems like Rhythm Heaven Fever is the newest base revision compared to Xenoblade Chronicles so I may switch the script to use that

2. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    Ok cool sounds good only problem I noticed is the system freezes when playing wimms Mario kart fun never played it before so don't know if it's normal

3. Radrian

Radrian Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Mexico
    Oh yeah I have that problem too
    tried trimmed and untrimmed same happend
    with xenoblade and prime triology as a base too
    it happend with taiko no tatsujin wii ver (the first one) too
    I fixed taiko changing the base game to k̶i̶r̶b̶y̶ ̶R̶t̶D̶L̶ ̶(̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶)̶
    Edit: I changed it for Sin and Punishment:Star Successor

Last edited by Radrian, Sep 12, 2017
  4. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Following up, I've used the same command on a retail image of Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn. I couldn't find checksums on redump.org so I just googled the SHA1 hash and found it listed on gametdb.com.

The end result works, but it is bigger in size than before when I used an already scrubbed image, and also when using the original 2 commands to extract the image and rebuild. It does load up the same though once installed. Why this happens I'm not sure, as from what I understand, it should be equivalent.

For now it looks like extracting and rebuilding is the best bet, as is currently done.

5. skulltrumpetgif

skulltrumpetgif Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    United States
    Just wanted to say you're doing great work! Thanks!

6. DonCaballero

DonCaballero Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    Brazil
    This is incredibly amazing. Thank you!

7. KhaderWelaye
    OP

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    It's getting late and I can't test the script more tonight, but I wanted to release what I have as a beta as everything seems to be working well. Version 1.0.5 Beta is available at the top of the OP alongside version 1.0.4.

Here is the changelog for v1.0.5b:
    ## [1.0.5b] = 2017-09-11
    - Changed base to Rhythm Heaven Fever which uses a newer revision of fw.img
    - Integrated Title ID for RHF, as it's worthless without the Title Key
    - Support for WBFS conversion if preferred over ISO
    - Support for pre-built bootSound BNSTD if preferred over WAV
    - If the wrong Title Key or Common key is specified, it will prompt you to re-enter them.
    - If a space is accidentally included when you paste the Wii U Common Key, it will no longer break the script
    -Lots of failchecks. Script will warn you if:
    1. Java isn't detected
    2. Script reliant folders aren't accessible by the script (permission issues)
    3. ROBOCOPY isn't supported on your OS
    4. The necessary code/meta files weren't downloaded or generated properly (This occurs before converting the game wbfs/iso files, so should show up very early in the process)
    5. Special characters that break folder creation are present
    6. NUSPacker fails to generate the installable package

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

A reminder that user provided WBFS, TGA, and BTSND files will take priority over any user provided ISO, PNG, and WAV files (at least that's the design, we'll see how badly you guys break the beta ;))

8. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Sweet

9. KhaderWelaye
    OP

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    Also depending on how you source your wbfs files WIT may throw alignment errors while unpacking them, but this doesn't seem to affect the rebuilding process

10. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Mine freezes up when I do that too

11. yuliusde

yuliusde Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Hi, thanks for a great script.
    I try the 1.05 beta and my game is tatsunoko vs capcom using wbfs file. The conversion run smoothly and game is running. Problem is the dpad button is messed up, left and right become up and down. Anyone have solution for this? Thanks in advance!!

12. navimor

navimor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2017
    Spain
    Hi! I've restarted my Pc and tried the new beta but robocopy fails. I don't know why, but in cmd robocopy works.

EDIT: I've fixed the problem. I've copied Robocopy.exe from C:/Windows/System32 to WiiVC Injector Script [1.0.5b]/TOOLS/JNUSTool

Then, in the bat file I've changed this
    Code:
     robocopy %BASEFOLDER% ..\..\WORKINGDIR\ /MIR
    in to this
    Code:
    Robocopy.exe %BASEFOLDER% ..\..\WORKINGDIR\ /MIR

Last edited by navimor, Sep 12, 2017
  13. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Had the same problem, it turns out my meta.xml was borked, I injected a fresh Xenoblade meta through ftpiiu and then it worked. But the script shouldn't give that problem, maybe it's Rythm Heaven fw.img?

Last edited by cucholix, Sep 12, 2017
  14. monta990

monta990 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2017
    Mexico
    I use a randomly generated

15. Seismonaut

Seismonaut Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2014
    Australia
    Hey guys, trying to run the script through wine on osx, but it doesn't seem to recognize the filepaths! Any idea for a fix? Hardcoding the filepath in the bat maybe?

16. Rodrigo Mafra

Rodrigo Mafra Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Brazil
    I don't know if you already solved your problem, but it seems that you dont have the robocopy comand line, wich the script uses.
    Download this and try again...

17. yuliusde

yuliusde Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Cool i will test your method when i got home.how is the easiest way to get the meta.xml?

18. Sem112

Sem112 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    Netherlands
    Downloaded and installed No More Heroes but when I start it I only get a black screen... I did use the Pal version of the game so that should be the right one.

19. KhaderWelaye
    OP

KhaderWelaye GBAtemp Fan

Mar 31, 2012
    United States
    I've seen this on games that don't support the classic controller, for example excite truck doesn't so if I set classic controller to be on everything is mapped funny. I'll test Tatsunoko vs Capcom and No More Heroes. @navimor @cucholix @Sem112

Meta is auto generated, you don't need to get one.

20. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    It's from Xenoblade, remember change the title_id to match with title_id in your app.xml

Attached Files: