[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    United States
    Even if NOT64 was just given the gamepad controls I would be happy for now. I mean most games can play injected anyways so it isnt a huge deal. Only cool thing is that its not dimmed as hell on the screen. That is the most bothersome of WiiU N64 VC to me.

2. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I could try making a short version of it if you want.

ploggy likes this.
  3. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Exactly I hate what they did on the NES, N64... I don't remember SNES.. but I guess is the same darkish weird thing....

A Plus Ric likes this.
  4. SleeplessKnight

SleeplessKnight Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    Canada
    This is great.

Is there anyway to have the pro controller register as player 1 by default? If I boot a gamecube game with gamepad support it will default to player 2. I could boot without the gamepad but it requires a wiimote to start.

5. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Would you? if you don't mind :)

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  6. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    That's what is known as gamma correction.
    It's in all Nintendo VC titles, from NES up to N64.
    By the time the DS came out, this was no longer an issue.
    The gamma correction was made to avoid a seizure law in gaming I believe.
    Games from the early generations had flashy whit, yellow, blue or red screens, which were known to cause seizures on photosensitive people.

Though I'd like to have the N64 VC without that as well, and with 16:9 output :/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sure, just send the sound through PM and I'll give it a try, though I'd have to do it til tomorrow, is that okay?

ploggy likes this.
  7. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Well I'm sorry for the people who has that problem... I don't, that's why I love the RetroArch :3 and DS injects, and I would kill for a N64 and PSX Emulators xD

ShadowOne333 likes this.
  8. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2010
    For 2 disc GameCube games, Do you simply place disc 2 in the source folder named as "disc2.gcm" along with disc 1 "game.gcm"? Just wanted to double check because as the script was doing it thing I noticed it said "Copying game.gcm to ISO base", But didnt list anything for "disc2.gcm" even though I placed both in the source folder & named as I have mentioned here.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ, Sep 25, 2017
  9. ShadowOne333

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I feel you, I find that incredibly annoying alongside the lack of 16:9 full screen support for games that do have native support for it, like DK64.
    But you know, Nintendo's gotta go lazy.

huma_dawii likes this.
  10. Borsalino

Borsalino GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Why is it that everytime I change profiles (my sister plays BOTW in her profile), the injected game doesn't work anymore. It just hangs and shows a black screen.

11. jecdlink15

jecdlink15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    Mexico
    How to install a two-disc game? Metal Gear The Twin Snakes or Resident Evil4

12. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Rename disc1 iso to game.gcm and disc2 iso to disc2.gcm and place them in the source folder.

Last edited by zeldaism, Sep 25, 2017
  13. jecdlink15

jecdlink15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2016
    Mexico

Thanks, then both iso will be in the same "Source Files" folder?

zeldaism likes this.
  14. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Correct.

15. IvyMike

IvyMike Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    United States
    Got the "ROBOCOPY FAILED TO CREATE THE WORKING DIRECTORY WITH ALL JNUSTOOL BASE FILES." error. The other person I saw that got this said that connecting to the internet fixed their issue, but my PC is always online, so that can't be the problem.

LOG

16. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Yes I noticed when I played with the Wii U Pro Controller that there was an option to swap buttons.
    Can I load now the same Nintendont that I was forwarding on Home Menu from the Homebrew Channel and play with Wii U Pro and GCN controllers like before or I need to create another folder with an old Nintendont to play it via vWii?

17. RONICSTAR

RONICSTAR Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2004
    I am having trouble on the autoboot portion. It keeps saying to check my meta.xml and it looks fine, and the game boots fine from sd card. I pre configured the autoboot from the sd drive so I already have the file on the root of it. Do I need to change the path or anything after I install the game onto the wii u?

18. TeconMoon
    OP

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    I would uninstall all versions of Java on your machine and re-install the latest from https://java.com, JNUSTool is throwing a lot of crazy java errors for each download attempt in the logs.

19. IvyMike

IvyMike Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    United States
    That seems to have done the trick. Thanks a lot :)

20. RoyMaster4

RoyMaster4 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    Is Not64 possible yet? I'd like it more just for the N64 games that can't be injected (which is a lot, surprisingly... Conker, Banjo-Tooie, Mario 64 romhacks, Glover...).

Also interested in a possible USB Loader GX with gamepad support to just work with all Wii and GC games at once (assuming said Wii games accept classic controller), but that's probably not possible yet.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted