[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Also, scrubbed games work, but trimmed DO NOT. The scrubbed game have the same size as the 1:1 one, but when zipped the size is minor.

Last edited by cucholix, Sep 21, 2017
  2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks I didn't realize that but yes its on the sd card.

Kleyon likes this.
  3. Kleyon
    This message by Kleyon has been removed from public view by Cyan, Sep 22, 2017, Reason: Sorry, boot sounds are copyrighted.
    Sep 21, 2017
  4. VVizard

VVizard Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't know what happened, but since I updated to the Wii Injector 2.1, any game that I converted with it (both Wii and GC), it ins't installing anymore ion Wupinstaller (both the Y and 2GX version), does anyone know what is happening?

5. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    If you hold the L button while pressing ZL or ZR it will make them act like they are half pressed.

6. LaPingas

LaPingas let's go mangoooooo

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    Oh
    Still, I think it will ruin the experience
    But it's worth trying

7. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Actually it doesn't. I've been playing Sunshine all day yesterday and it works great.

8. LaPingas

LaPingas let's go mangoooooo

Nov 2, 2016
    Israel
    Armada's Mustache
    Nice to know

zeldaism likes this.
  9. TeconMoon
    OP

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Run Nintendont from the homebrew channel once, configure the options to your liking, then run a game from the SD card to save the config.

It's failing when checking bootTvTex.tga which means your source bootTvTex is not valid. Re-save it as a PNG.

DarthDub and Rodrigo Mafra like this.
  10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks I found the file on my sd card in the end after the comment response I should of looked a bit harder tbh before I jumped in asking the question, maybe you could consider putting comments like this one for example on your op as well as links to files like Nintendont etc.. just to help other members out, make it a bit easier for newbies, I should of known better myself but newbies may not off, it always helps with easy direct download links. I like your latest version 2.1.0 it works very well, excellent work! keep it up..

Last edited by Reecey, Sep 21, 2017
  11. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    I have released version 2.1.1 of the script with the following changes:

## [2.1.1] = 2017-09-21
    - Script can now be used offline, provided you've run through the script once online successfully (Checks if JNUSTool has already downloaded the needed files)
    - PNG Check has been added, so that it will warn you if your PNG isn't valid

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I promise I didn't forget about this, just really really low priority. With the new version 2.1.1, the files JNUSTool downloads are retained after usage and not redownloaded over and over, so if you replace the bootLogoTex.tga in the (TOOLS\JNUSTool\Rhythm Heaven Fever [VAKE01]\meta) directory it will be used for your inject. I don't recall the specifications off the top of my head, so make sure that your TGA is the right dimensions with the correct depth or your inject may not even boot.

This should at least work until this is officially implemented.

12. arminillo

arminillo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2017
    Antarctica
    That Method does NOT work for the Twin Snakes. Leads to black screen on boot. Possible I just have a bad dump.

13. tomman321

tomman321 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    I just tried to inject Animal Crossing (GCN) and one of the .app files is about 4.6gb. Is this supposed to happen, and if not, how do I fix it?

14. victormr21

victormr21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    I think it's normal, some people have reported same and it worked for they

15. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    It's not normal. How is he gonna transfer a file that large to a fat32 memory card to install. He must have done something wrong.

Last edited by Columbo2811, Sep 21, 2017
    peteruk likes this.
  16. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    I'd re-download the script and try again, or send logs. Have you been messing with any of the downloaded directories or placing disc2.iso files in random places? I tested Animal Crossing shrunk with GCMUtility (which I don't recommend as shrinking gamecube games can lead to compatibility issues) and the resulting size was 40 MB.

DarthDub likes this.
  17. tomman321

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    I think I figured it out. There was an error log that I didn't see before. Retrying now.

18. sergio_prado

sergio_prado Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Barueri, Brazil
    Kinda off topic, but anyone know how to make/convert videos to be used as bootMovie.h264 ?

19. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Thanks KhaderWelaye, now i can test your script, I'm glad you added the offline feature because my hotspot don't work with older versions of the script

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you still have the iso file in the content folder?

zeldaism likes this.
  20. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    DarthDub, A Plus Ric and sergio_prado like this.
  21. tomman321

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, but I just retried, and it's about 1.5gb this time. Seems more reasonable.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted