[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Try to delete the WiiVCInjector folder in Temp and retry.

Also I'm a little confused about this statement "I've even tried putting the WiiVC injector in my central hard drive instead of an sd card" it was never supposed to be on an sd card it should be on your computer, and by central hard drive do you mean your computers hard drive? If you're using an external that could also be a problem.

2. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I'll have a look. (although at the moment I don't even know how it is able to inject 2 disks)

3. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    If you select Gamecube inject under the second tab you can enter the second disc. Then when you get to that point in the game Nintendont will auto-swap to disc 2.

4. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    OK, I tested it with MGS Twin Snakes and it got built just fine, both EUR and USA. I'm also on Windows 10 x64.

5. dersonik

dersonik Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2017
    Poland
    is There any chance to use wavebird controller with adapter for wii games ? gamecube games working fine, controller is visible for wii u games just wonder is possible to use wavebird for some wii games like mario wii or mario kart wii

6. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @piratesephiroth Just to be sure, it also installed without errors?
    On my pc it also created the install files without any error message, it only became clear during the installation that sometihng must have gone wrong.
    If it also installed fine, something must be wrong with my pc.

7. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    yes, it installed fine.

Try deleting the temp folder %tmp%\WiiVCInjector

8. Wuigi

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @piratesephiroth I also tried that as part of the reinstallation of rhythm heaven files.
    The TEMP directory also changed to ProgramData so there isn't anything in TEMP iirc.
    I also deleted the registry entries with the common key and title key.
    Really strange, windows 10 is really stable.

9. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Who changed that? You?
    Plus I don't think the temp folder is optional. You may move it to other place but the OS absolutely needs it.

Last edited by piratesephiroth, Aug 31, 2019
  10. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    New Super Mario Bros Wii is wiimote only. It may work with Mario Kart Wii I believe it should not 100% sure though. Most games the answer will be no unless the game original intended for you to use a wavebird which is very few. Just because they work with gamecube that's totally different gamecube uses Nintendont and it's compatible with a lot of controls while native Wii games are usually not. You may be limited to Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl and VC games and I can think of no others. You can play inject more games to work with the gamepad (but still not all) than will work with Wavebird.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 31, 2019
  11. Wuigi

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @piratesephiroth I looked for that directory, but on my PC, there wasn't anything in the AppData directory after creating the installable files and closing the application.
    The directory in TEMP only exists while the application is running, as I found registry entries for that directory, but it doesn't exist for me.
    I only found stuff in Program Data under JNUSToolDownloads.

Last edited by Wuigi, Aug 31, 2019
  12. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Sep 2, 2015
    Mexico
    When that happens it's problem of the game,use the iso version instead of wbfs,if doesn't work then download the game from another site, sometimes they are bad dumps of the game

13. Vo1ukz

Vo1ukz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2019
    Canada
    I managed to get the software to run the very first time only. Every additional attempt to run the software has failed. I saw one post where a user stated Windows defender had blocked the software. I'm wondering if this is what could be happening to me?? I am very excited about this injection method and can't wait to start using it. Any information would be extremely helpful.

14. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Well to get help you have to give more details. Is it giving you an error when you try it run it or just no error? Why not try to check in Defender it couldn't hurt, and Windows Firewall. You could also copying the entire contents of the folder and put it in a different location and retry.

15. Vo1ukz

Vo1ukz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2019
    Canada
    The software ran the first time and I was able to compile a wbfs wii backup into a working virtual console title. The process worked as advertised and the console was perfectly able to play the title. however, the second time I tried to run the software nothing happened. I also tried running as an administrator and tried several compatibility options. I also had a look around inside Windows defender but was unable to find where an infection or threat would be quarantined.I did get The hourglass that showed the system was trying to do something upon running the program. But like I said, no errors, no pop-ups, and no program loading. I am running Windows 10 and have all of the requirements in regard to microsoft.net framework. However even though I have the newest version of framework I am not sure how to enable 3.5 features. Any help would be much appreciated.

16. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Reinstall it in a different folder and retry.

If that doesn't work go to temp folder in appdata and delete WiiVCInjector folder and retry.

If that also fails try another computer.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Sep 4, 2019
  17. Vo1ukz

Vo1ukz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2019
    Canada
    I would definitely reinstall the program however program I got was merely a Windows EXE File that I ran. The first game I converted did say it was doing a one-time download. And that the data was saved to the appdata folder. Would that be the appdata folder that's under my username on my systems hard drive? What is it listed under in there? I will try deleting the folder that you mentioned in your previous reply.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I guess what I'm basically asking is when you originally run the executable where does it install itself?

18. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yes your username appdata it's either in Local or Roaming can't remember right now. You might have to be running the program for it to show up.

19. Vo1ukz

Vo1ukz Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2019
    Canada
    Okay. I deleted the folder in temp and program seems to be running again. Should I ever need to remove the install files, where would they be located? When the program got running again it did not need to do that original download again. So I'm just wondering should I ever need to delete all of the files for the program, where would they be located? And thank you for all of your help. It's awesome how quick you got back to me.

20. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    That is the only place it is found on your entire computer.