Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

skykorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
guitar hero 5 and guitar hero world tour. one of them is pal (my region) and the other one is ntsc, but it doesn't matter since the both injects show the same error after installing them. yes, cfw autoboots on my system and i didnt tamper with any of the settings, basically i did everything as before, but now it gives me all sorts of errors. idk man, those guitar hero games must be damned or something. this injector is the only one that can do injects of wii games for wii u, there's no other one?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the compatibility list World Tour works, it doesn't mention 5 unless it's one of those listed. I wouldn't know.

https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list

This is the only injector that I've ever heard of/used. Wish I could tell you why you're getting that error IDK. The program is buggy though and was abandoned by the creator who called it "horrible" although I had good luck with instaling hundreds of games. Don't expect improvements because the Wii U is dead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh almost forgot try an older version of this injector I've seen someone fix that same error by doing that.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

AtomicSpatula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Hi everyone so I got mine to work after about 5 days of trying, turns out i was putting the games in the wrong location. Originally i was putting them in D:\games\(game).iso and what i should have been doing is putting them in D:\games\(game)\game.iso so for example for super mario sunshine it needs to be in D:\games\Super Mario Sunshine\game.iso. I'm probably going to get a "you should have followed the guide" comment but still i hope this helps somebody.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone so I got mine to work after about 5 days of trying, turns out i was putting the games in the wrong location. Originally i was putting them in D:\games\(game).iso and what i should have been doing is putting them in D:\games\(game)\game.iso so for example for super mario sunshine it needs to be in D:\games\Super Mario Sunshine\game.iso. I'm probably going to get a "you should have followed the guide" comment but still i hope this helps somebody.

I don't get what you're saying. What you're explaining is how to use Gamecube games with Nintendont. It doesn't matter where you have the games located for this injector as it let's you select the game. If you were just trying to use Nintendont you're in the wrong thread. This thread is for injecting your games with the program in the first post and they can be Wii or Gamecube not booting into Nintendont and loading a Gamecube game.

AtomicSpatula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
I don't get what you're saying. What you're explaining is how to use Gamecube games with Nintendont. It doesn't matter where you have the games located for this injector as it let's you select the game. If you were just trying to use Nintendont you're in the wrong thread. This thread is for injecting your games with the program in the first post and they can be Wii or Gamecube not booting into Nintendont and loading a Gamecube game.

If you look up my previous comments you'll see i had the black screen issue when using my injections. When i put the games in the directory i talked about in my comment they started working. You do realise i'm talking about AFTER you've made and installed the injector right?

So i had a super mario sunshine injection made with this tool. And the injection wouldn't work because it was looking for the game.iso inside the Super Mario Sunshine folder, since neither existed when i booted up the injection i got a black screen. With these injections just putting the game in the games folder isn't good enough you have to be specific.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look up my previous comments you'll see i had the black screen issue when using my injections. When i put the games in the directory i talked about in my comment they started working. You do realise i'm talking about AFTER you've made and installed the injector right?

So i had a super mario sunshine injection made with this tool. And the injection wouldn't work because it was looking for the game.iso inside the Super Mario Sunshine folder, since neither existed when i booted up the injection i got a black screen. With these injections just putting the game in the games folder isn't good enough you have to be specific.

I have around 60 Gamecube games on my Wii U menu that are installed to my usb external hard drive each with their own icon and can be launched directly and none of them are on my sd card or in games folder or any such thing. The injector injects the game into Wup Installable mode and you install it to your usb drive or internal with Wup Installer GX2. You don't also have to have the game on the sd card I think you're confused about something. These are injections for individual games that are on your Wii U menu you don't need them in games folder you don't do anything with the Gamecube game after using the injector. After you install the game with WUP Installer you don't have to do anything else.

I guess you're talking about a Nintendont forwarder that you made with this where you can launch Nintendont? I really have no clue what you're saying. But that's different than injecting individual games which this injector can also do. Nothing wrong with that if you want to do it that way but I prefer individual games on my Wii U menu that I can just launch directly without going to Nintendont, and the majority of people in this thread are making individual game injects.

I'm still a little bit confused on what you're saying but if you injected Super Mario Sunshine individually with it's own icon you install it with WUP installer and then you're done you don't have to put the game in /games folder or anywhere else. I've been doing this for 2 years and have made over 300 injects counting all consoles so I know what I'm talking about.

AtomicSpatula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
I have around 60 Gamecube games on my Wii U menu that are installed to my usb external hard drive each with their own icon and can be launched directly and none of them are on my sd card or in games folder or any such thing. The injector injects the game into Wup Installable mode and you install it to your usb drive or internal with Wup Installer GX2. You don't also have to have the game on the sd card I think you're confused about something. These are injections for individual games that are on your Wii U menu you don't need them in games folder you don't do anything with the Gamecube game after using the injector. After you install the game with WUP Installer you don't have to do anything else.

I guess you're talking about a Nintendont forwarder that you made with this where you can launch Nintendont? I really have no clue what you're saying. But that's different than injecting individual games which this injector can also do. Nothing wrong with that if you want to do it that way but I prefer individual games on my Wii U menu that I can just launch directly without going to Nintendont, and the majority of people in this thread are making individual game injects.

I'm still a little bit confused on what you're saying but if you injected Super Mario Sunshine individually with it's own icon you install it with WUP installer and then you're done you don't have to put the game in /games folder or anywhere else. I've been doing this for 2 years and have made over 300 injects counting all consoles so I know what I'm talking about.

I literally couldn't have made it clearer I'm talking about injections made with this program and again, I've spent the last five days dealing with the black screen issue that about 80% of people are dealing with and tried hundreds of solutions, there are hundreds of comments on here from people in the same boat so clearly it isn't a case of just installing the injections now is it.

I'm not interested in fighting with you about what the 'right' way of doing this is but since there are hundreds of people with black screen issues it clearly isn't as simple as you say it is. I'm just trying to help people with issues by offering a solution which worked for me i don't understand why you had to come in here with all you "i think i know what im talking about" BS.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody was fighting with you like you're trying to make it sound if you presented it as "this way may work for people having problems" like you are now but you made it sound like it's a requirement and I was just explaining it's not that's all. English must not be your first language.

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I missing something about being able to use the Wii-U Pro controller on VC Injects ? Gamecube games for example that don't have patch options like Wii.. & heck even Wii

I know this has been asked many times, but I still can't seem to find the answer.

I've having trouble with WiiVC Injector. I'm trying to use it for a Wii game, but I keep getting this error when I try to build:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

"Could not find a part of the path C:\Users\Smith Family\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\ISOEXTRACT."

I know others have had similar problems, but I can't seem to fix this. I've tried placing everything in the same folder or placing everything on a SD card, but that hasn't worked. The weird thing is, it will work for Gamecube games. I just built and installed one, it worked fine. It seems to only do this on Wii games. Although I've only got one Wii game to try (which is another issue, I've got an ISO of a Wii game, but it doesn't seem to recognize that).

Any suggestions?
I would say try loading the Injector & building on another user that doesn't have a space in the name like Smith Family.

It is an old Windows type flaw that is being worked out of a lot of applications but.. that would be my 1st suggestion until you get more experienced info.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I missing something about being able to use the Wii-U Pro controller on VC Injects ? Gamecube games for example that don't have patch options like Wii.. & heck even Wii

I would say try loading the Injector & building on another user that doesn't have a space in the name like Smith Family.

It is an old Windows type flaw that is being worked out of a lot of applications but.. that would be my 1st suggestion until you get more experienced info.

I am not sure about Wii but as for Gamecube games you can only use the gamepad there's no other option.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned a Wii U Pro controller so I'm not sure as far as using it in vWii. I know you can use the Wii classic controller there which doesn't help you probably no idea about Wii U Pro.

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never owned a Wii U Pro controller so I'm not sure as far as using it in vWii. I know you can use the Wii classic controller there which doesn't help you probably no idea about Wii U Pro.
So if the Gamecube injects are Gamepad only.. I don't actually know that much about Wii-U can you only connect 1 Gamepad too so all games are essentially single player ?

And that Gamecube to USB adapter wouldn't work ? Since that seems to be intended for the Wii-U..

Aaaand/or HID to VPad controllers ?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like you can use Pro controller for 2nd 3rd or 4th player just 1st player has to be gamepad.

Here's some info that should help

Multiplayer is supported, GamePad will always be Player 1, you need a Wii Remote with either Nunchuck or Classic Controller or WiiU Pro Controller connected for Player 2, 3 and 4, the Wii Remote by itself will not work as you will have 4 solid lights on the bottom of the Wii Remote. Nunchuck is not recommended because the lack of buttons available for mappings.
If you have the official or 3rd party Gamecube USB adapter with the 4 ports, this ONLY works if you select NO for GamePad mode, you still require a Wii Remote to select either to play on TV or TV and GamePad. With the GC USB adapter you can still connect/use Wii Remotes+Classic Controller at the same time.
If your short for $, The el cheap 3rd party eBay special adapter works, so no need to get the official one.
Added Notes: There has been reports that not all cheap 3rd party GC USB adapter will work, if in doubt, spend that little extra and grab the Mayflashversion as this is known to work.

Make sure the GC USB adapter is connected to the FRONT USB ports next to the SD CARD and make sure the switch on the GC USB adapter set to WiiU.

To exit back to the WiiU menu while using the GC USB adapter, press the following buttons on the GC controller: L + R + Z + Start

Reactions: jaladhjin

jaladhjin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like you can use Pro controller for 2nd 3rd or 4th player just 1st player has to be gamepad.

Here's some info that should help

Multiplayer is supported, GamePad will always be Player 1, you need a Wii Remote with either Nunchuck or Classic Controller or WiiU Pro Controller connected for Player 2, 3 and 4, the Wii Remote by itself will not work as you will have 4 solid lights on the bottom of the Wii Remote. Nunchuck is not recommended because the lack of buttons available for mappings.
If you have the official or 3rd party Gamecube USB adapter with the 4 ports, this ONLY works if you select NO for GamePad mode, you still require a Wii Remote to select either to play on TV or TV and GamePad. With the GC USB adapter you can still connect/use Wii Remotes+Classic Controller at the same time.
If your short for $, The el cheap 3rd party eBay special adapter works, so no need to get the official one.
Added Notes: There has been reports that not all cheap 3rd party GC USB adapter will work, if in doubt, spend that little extra and grab the Mayflashversion as this is known to work.

Make sure the GC USB adapter is connected to the FRONT USB ports next to the SD CARD and make sure the switch on the GC USB adapter set to WiiU.

To exit back to the WiiU menu while using the GC USB adapter, press the following buttons on the GC controller: L + R + Z + Start
Thank you very much for the info :-) :-) :-)

Will try.

Simba1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Put a gamecube iso if you don't already have one on your sd card (make games folder on root of your sd card) and inside that folder should have another folder with the name of the game and then inside that rename the game game.iso, and try to run the game using Nintendont through your vwii and report back.

Just to report that I hacked Wii and GC games from SD card are working without any problem in vWii mode,
but I still cant make working GC games in Wii U mode.

Simba1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
the channel that installs with wup_installer_gx2 must be installed in nand

Sorry I don't understand you, on what channel exactly do refer to?
I have Hachi hack through DS game, I installing and using Wii U, VC and Wii games without any problems,
I have only problems with using GC games in Wii U mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night