[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Pretty sure I read that if you use the game pad it’s always one controller only. Limitation of the hombrew method

2. D3_Gaming

D3_Gaming Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    I don't know if this has been asked as I'm not scrolling through 259 pages of comments, but is it possible for you to do .elf files, as it would allow Wii homebrew that isn't a .dol file to be used. And it would add the possibility of Wii U homebrew. Amazing job though.

3. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    I know for a fact that a Wii U .elf file wouldn't work, as you would be trying to load a Wii U file on the vWii. I tried that once to see what would happen, it just crashed on a black screen.

4. JackBauerll

JackBauerll Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2015
    Brazil
    Someone can help me?I have a Issue trying inject boot.dol(rice) from wii64 1.2, this mensage show when I choose the .dol:
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex can not be greater than the length of the string.

Parameter Name: startIndex
    em System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
    em TeconMoon_s_WiiVC_Injector.WiiVC_Injector.GameSourceButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The first .dol (gilde,I suppose) was injected with no problems.Tks.

5. Shoguna

Shoguna Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone encountered problems with trimmed GC iso's? I wanna free up space for my Wii U for more GC injects

6. Bodert

Bodert Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2018
    United States
    So will their ever be a way to actually use hid to vpad or the actual gc controllers to play games

7. WiiLikeToPlay2006

WiiLikeToPlay2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    United States
    Can someone please give me a tutorial on how to use GetExtType Patcher, as well as extracting 00000001.app from my downloaded WADs?

Last edited by WiiLikeToPlay2006, Feb 24, 2018
  8. mingmong24

mingmong24 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    Is there a limit to how many GC or Will games you can inject? Also is there a way to batch convert them? Thanks

9. PascalLeroi

PascalLeroi GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Netherlands
    well there is a 300 title limit on the Wii U, so you can only inject so much :P

mingmong24 likes this.
  10. UsualNoise

UsualNoise GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Quick question - I have only Haxchi on my Wii U and was unable to install an injected Wii game. Is CFW required as well? If so, I would request the OP be updated under the "Requirements" section to list a Wii U with CFW. There was no mention of that and it might save someone else some time going down the same path I just did.

11. WiiLikeToPlay2006

WiiLikeToPlay2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    United States
    I had the same problem when trying to patch the force Classic Controller into my downloaded Sonic & Knuckles VC WAD. Hopefully someone should resolve this issue.

12. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Is ur problem with installing it or getting it to play
    Installing it u use WUP installer and that’s not a part of this app so wether needing cfw to install it would be a question for wup app and not this app “which just creates the Wii or gc game into installable files to use for WUP Installer”
    As for playing it I think for VC games u may need sig patches which if so just simply run haxchi first then start ur game
    Haxchi just applies sig patches untill Wii U is powered down
    I don’t believe u need to run haxchi b4 using wup installer
    I have cbhc installed for over a year so my memory of the steps has faded so someone can correct me if wrong

Ur question is very vague too. What exactly is going on that can’t install it?

Last edited by Tri-Z, Feb 25, 2018
  13. UsualNoise

UsualNoise GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2009
    United States
    Sorry, I was using WUP Installer mod Y to install the packed Wii game directory. It gave an error and a message about sig patches being one of the potential issues. So, my question is: to install a game produced by this utility, do you need CFW? I don't have it right now, so if it is required a heads up in the OP would be appreciated.

A related question would be if you do install it under CFW, do you also need CFW to actually run the installed game, or is CFW only required for installation?

14. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    Yes you need to be in signature patched system in order to install anything made using this app and yes you have to be patched in order to run the game also as it doesn't have a valid signature

Last edited by wolf_, Feb 25, 2018
    UsualNoise likes this.
  15. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA

So another user says yes to needing sig patched to install VC with WUP Installer. And U don’t need another cfw if u have haxchi
    Just run ur haxchi first and it will reset u back to homemenu and then go into WUP Installer and install ur game then u should beable to play it. Once power off system and u turn Wii U on again before u start ur game run haxchi and once it returns u to homescreen then start ur game. Haxchi will sig patch u untill power off
    You might like making the jump to cbhc haxchi. That way set it and forget it. It sig patches on power up and u just do ur thing.

Last edited by Tri-Z, Feb 25, 2018
  16. ArchmagePlays

ArchmagePlays Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I tried to inject Mario and Sonic at the London/Winter Olympic games, but for some reason the game becomes corrupted(?)

They install just fine but on the home menu they show up as a greyed out icon with a question mark, and trying to boot them with HaxchiFW shows the 'There is a problem with the Software Data, please reinstall it from the eshop' message.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I used the default images and settings

17. blutarch

blutarch Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    Sorry for being a bother but I think I need help. I have attempted to use this tool several times but when I get to the WUP Installer it just hangs on 0/0 MB installed. I'll try to walk through the steps I go through so that it will be easier to spot where I go wrong.

I have tried with several games (GC and Wii) that I used to use in USB Loader GX. My most recent attempt was with Sonic Colors. I selected the WBFS and the optional image files from the banner thread. Then, I enabled classic controller emulation. I have specified my keys in the past (if they are wrong, the program would say something, right?) and click build. After sometime it finishes. I transfer the game to my SD card and put it in the Wii U. I open Haxchi to reach the Homebrew menu and enable sigpatching. I then open WUP Installer and select the game and chose to install to USB. At this point it hangs. I do not believe it is related to the SD card as I have also used it with USB Helper to install some games (GC and Wii). Is there anywhere I went wrong? Some step I am missing? Thank you.

18. BQuail

BQuail Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    United States
    Is it possible to make these injects skip the "choose your display" popup? I want them automatically display on both gamepad and TV.

19. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    It has been working perfectly for me until tried gamecube GHQE The Simpsons Hit and Run.

It appears to work fine but after installing to USB with WUP Installer GX it just shows up as ??? and gives an error if I try to launch it.

20. Poli

Poli Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2018
    United States
    I have been using this which is great but i can't seem to get the gamepad emulation to work at all. I have tried it on Punch out Super Mario wii and donkey kong all for wii. I have tried classic controller, force classic controller, and horizontal but none of them work. Is there specific games that will not work at all or am i doing something wrong? Any input would be appreciated thank you.