[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Xosei

Xosei Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2018
    United States
    Ohhh I like this thanks broski

2. SmokeyWubs

SmokeyWubs Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    After 3.0.1 crashed whilst creating a GC inject, I am unable to open the program. Opening the exe just shows a quick loading wheel on my mouse pointer but fails to load. No error msgs are displayed.
    I've tried restarting the PC, moving the exe to another drive and using admin/compat modes. Nothing works.

All this is on Windows 10.

Any ideas how to fix?

Last edited by SmokeyWubs, Jan 18, 2018
    Real_raff likes this.
  3. Kontrarian

Kontrarian Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2018
    United States
    I did realize that it was already running Nintendont via vWii but for some reason I never saw that "Nintendont SD Card Menu" button on the PC program.
    Now that you pointed it out, I see it and that would do the trick.
    Wish I would have seen that earlier.
    I used a different work around.
    What I did was I injected a GCN game and disabled auto boot, which allowed me to change settings to Nintendont before the game launched.
    That created a new nincfg.bin which all the other games use now as well.
    Your method is much better.
    Thanks for advise.
    I will use that method if I need to make any other changes to Nintendont.

4. Real_raff

Real_raff Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Have been running your script for a while now and I have been having the same issues as SmokeyWubs, deleted the app, redownloaded, restarted and tried to download different versions of .NET. I WAS able to grab a screenshot of the error. If anyone could help me out with this that would be fantastic. I also tried running this on a new desktop and am now getting the same error. Primarily on gamecube games if that helps!!!

Attached Files:

SmokeyWubs likes this.
  5. Real_raff

Real_raff Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Hey man I had this same issue when trying to install the multiplayer, try running it on dolphin if it does the same then its probably a bad iso; I had to download a completely new ISO to get the game to run so thats what you should probably do before tampering with save files

6. Real_raff

Real_raff Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    It seems that its trying to find a file path that isn't there, I tried googling and searching online for the TIKTEMP AND the tmd.bin files but I wasnt lucky, I read about 20 pages of the forum and couldnt find any replies to the error so if anyone sees this please try to help, thanks!

7. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    My pleasure. In the future, you are able to just inject Nintendont and run games off the SD card. Just FYI.

8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Would it be possible to install multiple gamecube games into one load so we don't need to keep reloading just to switch games?:unsure:

9. Real_raff

Real_raff Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Anyone... ???

10. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    What's your error? Which version of Windows? Which versions of .NET do you have installed?

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    that would do you no good, since you cant return to nintendont menu at all not even on wii or vwii nintendont cannot return to itself unless you reload iy on wiivc and wii or vwii, its a software that cant return, there is no fix for that.

12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    In other words, no. You'd have to run Nintendont and play games off SD card. You can do this with Gamepad support but you can't install them onto your Wii U hard drive.

13. SmokeyWubs

SmokeyWubs Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Windows 10 with all the latest updates.
    .net framework 4.7.1

I don't get an error msg, but Real_raff grabbed some screenshots of his error msg a few posts up.

Ive tried reinstalling .net framework but it did not fix the issue.

Last edited by SmokeyWubs, Jan 19, 2018
    Real_raff likes this.
  14. Legacyblade

Legacyblade Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2017
    United States
    Sadly no. You can force 4:3 or disable the GamePad on a game-by-game basis. But that's it. (If you want any widescreen games, you'll want "Force Widescreen" and "WiiU Widescreen" enabled in your nintendon't config, then force 4:3 for all games that don't support or work well with widescreen)

15. raflos

raflos Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2017
    United States
    I imagine it would be an easy bug to fix if it were just a small oversight in the code. It's probably a plus where a minus should be. Hope the creator checks it for us soon. Or releases the source code so we can do it ourselves.

16. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    If you don't get an error message, what exactly is your issue? Does the script create any files? Where does it stop working? How do you know it stopped working? Etc, etc.

For both of you, where are you running this injector from? If you're putting it in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" are you running the application as admin?

17. Uupo03

Uupo03 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2017
    Finland
    Would gc inject with gamepad support be possible?

18. Real_raff

Real_raff Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    United States
    Same exact operating system and problem as SmokeyWubs Windows 10 and have downloaded some of the .NET packages to fix it. I have all the required software

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I only had the error message once, hit continue without reading it, and after that my application never started up again no matter how many times I reinstalled, so I rushed downstairs and tried it on my other desktop. SAME operating system 64 bit, and bam I got hit with the error after trying to install super monkey ball on the gamecube and bemberman jetters. I managed to screenshot the error and NEVER clicked on continue after the error. I always hit cancel, but it would stay stuck.

Im pretty sure he has the same error as me, it would get stuck, and never ever finish injecting. I ran the script for a full 24 hours and it didnt inject a single 1Gb gamecube iso, so I was lucky when it gave me a pop up with the error dialogue (AKA my screenshot, you should deff check it out and read the error type) and then if I'd click "continue", the program would completely not start up at all even if I ran it as admin, or went directly to the program files folder to start it up.

Here are the pictures so its easier for you to find it ^^

19. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    That's quite literally what this script and entire thread is made for.

20. Johntendo

Johntendo Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2015
    United States
    NYC
    How do I get the icons and banners to load properly in the app? i always get an exception error and it never gets the banners for games from @cucholix 's repo. Am i just an idiot? What am i missing?
    I'm just trying to take my Wii backups and install them on my Wii U so i can eliminate the wii hard drive and just have one hard drive on my console. (Wii Retail Injection, not vWii forwarding or whatever.)

EDIT: Ninja'd? I reopened the app and it worked? Though i had done that a few times.

If it helps others: I already put in the keys and such needed, and configured the settings.

Last edited by Johntendo, Jan 21, 2018