Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed when the instructions in the OP mentioned c2w patching, it mentions which key will be required, but it no longer says the resulting title must be installed to NAND and not USB. Has this changed? I would just run the program myself and see, but I am on my Chromebook and well, we all know how that goes. :(

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when do we know to force classic controller emulation or not? It would really blow if I converted a game just for it to need the other option. I'm looking to convert Resident Evil Archives.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So when do we know to force classic controller emulation or not? It would really blow if I converted a game just for it to need the other option. I'm looking to convert Resident Evil Archives.
Force CC is for problematic games that doesn't detect a CC connected at start, ex RE4, for others just use GamePad emulation.

Reactions: MattKimura

Jaynitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, but is there anyway to enable/disable force 4:3 for nintendont GC inject after installed? Would be super useful and save me from rebuilding a game that doesn't play well with widescreen :)

Thank you for your good work, I have been loving replaying games I haven't touched for years!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do VC Wii games in .wad format still need to be converted to vWii, or the normal Wii .wad can be used?
None of what you suggested.

you can't inject Wad
you can't convert Wad to be injected

You need to install the WAD to (size limited) internal vWii NAND, then you create WiiU channel with the titleID of the installed wad and the injector will include a vWii NAND loader to boot your installed channel once in vWii mode.

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
None of what you suggested.

you can't inject Wad
you can't convert Wad to be injected

You need to install the WAD to (size limited) internal vWii NAND, then you create WiiU channel with the titleID of the installed wad and the injector will include a vWii NAND loader to boot your installed channel once in vWii mode.
My question was about vWii side :P, if you need patch the .wad as we used to do with Wii homebrew forwarders (patching the 00000001.app IIRC) before installing into vWii nand, but I tried myself and you don't need to patch the .wad, I personally use Conver2vWii by @JoostinOnline.

Last edited by cucholix,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
patching the 00000001.app file is only for homebrew channels (home made channels with homebrew NAND loader, not the channel for the homebrew channel. mostly used by forwarders).

to be legally distributable, we couldn't use nintendont's NAND loader, so we (generaly speaking, developers) made a legal version which works fine on Wii. it was an incomplete copy but "good enough for what's needed".
but on vWii, it didn't work anymore and Fix94 updated the NAND loader to launch home-made channels installed on vWii NAND.

the 00000001.app of the retail official WAD wiiware and virtual console never needed to be replaced because nintendo code was already working on both wii and vWii.

I think now that we can detect if it's a Wii and vwii, the NAND loader could even be updated to get a single channel version working on both Wii and vWii.
we never bothered making a dual compatible version, most forwarders already got both versions.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: cucholix

louielazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey big fan, I can't seem to get the gamepad to emulate wii controllers, classic or wiimote. I know there's compatibility to consider but I when I booted Mario Kart Wii for the first time, it worked perfectly fine with the gamepad, now I can't get it or any of the 10 or more games I have to recognize the gamepad. I always confirm with the Wii U that I'd like to use the gamepad but afterwards, it's dead and I can't even exit the game via the pad. All I can do is change the screen brightness. GCN games work flawlessly with the pad.

amosmyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey TeconMoon! Not sure where you want bug reports but after having the program run flawlessly for a while, it encountered an 'access denied' error when trying to access an .iso . The issue isn't so much the accessibility so much as what happened after; my computer won't run the program anymore even after a reset / doesn't show up in Task Manager.

Reactions: Frgatso

Jaynitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if this question has been asked before but can you play injected gamecube games from usb or does it have to be sd. Thanks

I may be able to answer this, I have my injected gamecube games running from an external usb drive formatted for the WiiU. They install like any other game, can be moved to and from the nand/usb using the WiiU's data management in settings. Recently found out saves are stored on the SD card and stay regardless of if you delete the inject, which I was super happy about as I had to rebuild/reinstall a few games :P

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I may be able to answer this, I have my injected gamecube games running from an external usb drive formatted for the WiiU. They install like any other game, can be moved to and from the nand/usb using the WiiU's data management in settings. Recently found out saves are stored on the SD card and stay regardless of if you delete the inject, which I was super happy about as I had to rebuild/reinstall a few games :P

Thanks for your reply. I'm installing as I type this. Everything is all on usb iso wise. I've been so busy with work the past few months so i've not been on the forum for a bit then last night I came across nintendont gamepad support & I cant wait to try it out!! I never thought it would happen.

Jaynitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for your reply. I'm installing as I type this. Everything is all on usb iso wise. I've been so busy with work the past few months so i've not been on the forum for a bit then last night I came across nintendont gamepad support & I cant wait to try it out!! I never thought it would happen.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but due to the way the WiiU works you wont be able to plug any odd USB drive in and read from it as you would a WiiU formatted one. If you have ISO files on the usb drive I believe nintendont by its self will be able to read from a usb drive, but thats beyond my experience and I have never tried it my self. Maybe someone here could point you in the right direction :)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but due to the way the WiiU works you wont be able to plug any odd USB drive in and read from it as you would a WiiU formatted one. If you have ISO files on the usb drive I believe nintendont by its self will be able to read from a usb drive, but thats beyond my experience and I have never tried it my self. Maybe someone here could point you in the right direction :)
If you enable GamePad support, you will never have access to the USB ports. The way the GamePad support is programmed in, I believe they direct the calls through USB. So Nintendont would only have access to your SD card.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question 1: Is there somewhere a wiimednafen channel for wiiu wich is able to load turbografX cd-roms from usb, or is that something wich is not possible.
Also when it's not possible, is there a vwii channel version wich make use of the wiiu cpu, anyone can share me some :P ?

Question 2: Is there a forwarder for Sign_c2w_patcher.elf , so we don't have to boot hombrewchannel every time we want to overclock the vWii?

Question 3: When booting Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, will the vwii also be overclocked?

and last question, when you launched Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, and you get back to vWii after you played some Wii64, will the programs you launch after that still benefit from the patch or do you have to launch it again?

sorry for asking so many questions,

Thanks in advance.

Ps, Fix94 thank you so much for all your work, i'm enjoying it so much, my favorite console completely unlocked :P

Last edited by defrb,

shadow256

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question 1: Is there somewhere a wiimednafen channel for wiiu wich is able to load turbografX cd-roms from usb, or is that something wich is not possible.
Also when it's not possible, is there a vwii channel version wich make use of the wiiu cpu, anyone can share me some :P ?

Question 2: Is there a forwarder for Sign_c2w_patcher.elf , so we don't have to boot hombrewchannel every time we want to overclock the vWii?

Question 3: When booting Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, will the vwii also be overclocked?

and last question, when you launched Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, and you get back to vWii after you played some Wii64, will the programs you launch after that still benefit from the patch or do you have to launch it again?

sorry for asking so many questions,

Thanks in advance.

Ps, Fix94 thank you so much for all your work, i'm enjoying it so much, my favorite console completely unlocked :P
Question 1: No, no homebrews injected in a Wii VC could use the USB, except for the controllers.

Question 2: I think no because we need a rpx version to make a channel.

Question 3: No, it's only for Wii VC witch have been modified to use it.

Last question: The patch is disabled if you exit a Wii VC because the console reboot. But you can do a trick with CBHC if you replace Mocha's elf by Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, renamed to mocha.elf in the "wiiu/apps/mocha" folder of your SD. After you do that, you should boot dirrectly with the Sign_c2w_patcher if you select Mocha during your CBHC boot.

Hope these informations can help you.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question 1: No, no homebrews injected in a Wii VC could use the USB, except for the controllers.

Question 2: I think no because we need a rpx version to make a channel.

Question 3: No, it's only for Wii VC witch have been modified to use it.

Last question: The patch is disabled if you exit a Wii VC because the console reboot. But you can do a trick with CBHC if you replace Mocha's elf by Sign_c2w_patcher.elf, renamed to mocha.elf in the "wiiu/apps/mocha" folder of your SD. After you do that, you should boot dirrectly with the Sign_c2w_patcher if you select Mocha during your CBHC boot.

Hope these informations can help you.

This was very helpfull, thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.