Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does it work on vWii side?
As far as I remember it did, I havent changed anything on the connection settings other than disabling DNS. I also saw another line saying something like "network_use", set that one to 1 as well, but still nothing.

Will try some other stuff and see if I get it to work.

Edit:
Have any of the guys that injected Mario Kart Wii with Wimmfi or Smash Wimmfi / Project M got online to work?
If so, I'm interested in the meta.xml from those injections :P

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
As far as I remember it did, I havent changed anything on the connection settings other than disabling DNS. I also saw another line saying something like "network_use", set that one to 1 as well, but still nothing.

Edit:
Have any of the guys that injected Mario Kart Wii with Wimmfi or Smash Wimmfi / Project M got online to work?
I tried with my eShop Sin & Punishment 2, and when tried to access to the online score boards got the same error as you :c

IMG-20171111-WA0001.jpg

I guess Wii VC just doesn't work online :(

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably this unless once of the meta flags we mentioned earlier is expecting some weird value, we didn't see official Wii VC titles until early 2015 and the official Wii online service had been long discontinued at that point.
Was there an official Wii VC release of a game that had online services?
Perhaps we could start by looking at the meta for those (if there are any)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Was there an official Wii VC release of a game that had online services?
Perhaps we could start by looking at the meta for those (if there are any)
I even posted a picture of it :P, Sin & Punishment 2 is an official release that use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, I legit bought from eShop xD

It has this meta lines:
Code:
<network_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</network_use>
<online_account_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</online_account_use>

Also

Nintendo said:
As of May 20, 2014, certain online functionality offered through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is no longer accessible. The discontinued services include online play, matchmaking and leaderboards for many Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games. For a comprehensive list of games and services that are affected, please check

Wii
Animal Crossing: City Life
Battalion Wars 2
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Fortune Street
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Sports Mix
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokémon Battle Revolution
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Wii Music*

WiiWare
Dr. Mario Online RX
Excitebike: World Rally
LONPOS
Maboshi's Arcade
My Pokémon Ranch
ThruSpace
WarioWare DIY

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

Welp... CoD used its own servers though (except for W@W, IIRC), too bad we don't have an official release that use third party connection... But tempers with MarioKart Wiimfi :P

Last edited by cucholix,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I even posted a picture of it :P, Sin & Punishment 2 is an official release that use Nintendo Wi-Fi connection, I legit bought from eShop xD

It has this meta lines:
Code:
<network_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</network_use>
<online_account_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">0</online_account_use>

Also

Welp... CoD used its own servers though (except for W@W, IIRC), too bad we don't have an official release that use third party connection... But tempers with MarioKart Wiimfi :P
Weeeeeiiiiirrrrddddd
But yeah Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 both use servers apart from Nintendo's, so that might require some other changes to connect.

Oh well, guess I'll delete BO and make space for other games. :P
I'll see which ones wink at me :lol:

haxnume

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
haxnume.hatenablog.com
XP
Country
Japan
Excuse me
Japanese people are in trouble.
Because this injector causes an error if the user (directory) name contains double-byte characters(in Japanese).
Japanese wish that this error will be resolved.
Thank you for seeing my poor English text.

Japanese characters (double-byte characters) are included in the hidden part.
For wii software
wiivc08.PNG
For gc / wii homebrew
wiivc09.PNG

Last edited by haxnume,
Reactions: WiisleyU

Cecil_FF4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I run the injector, I get the "GetExtTypePatcher.exe has stopped working" error. I have to force close the app after that. I'm running Win10 x64, but it doesn't matter if I run in compat mode or as admin. Trying to test inject using DKCR (as an ISO using the gamepad patch mentioned earlier in this post). I select the game, download the banner and icon, set the gamepad to force cc, then build. The error is consistent.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrGoN3 also

Not sure why this question is coming up now, c2w patching hasn't changed from the old script to the new injector program. c2w patching has the same effect on forwarders, so no you don't need to injected the homebrew itself. Just keep injecting forwarders like you have been.
Thank you for the info. The reason I asked is because I never ran into the situation of wanting to c2w patch anything. Never have done it previously makes me have to defer to my shaky memory. I simply couldn't recall. Thank you for the information.

franarrays

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hi! Great HB! I have tried with Zelda SS and it Works perfectly!
Now, I have a question. How can I inject my Wii saves into the VC version?
I have tried with SaveMii HB but it seems that the format is different.

enol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question and it is the following. if for two games it is game.gcm and disc2.gcm. when I generate them I have the impression that I overwrote disk one or two because it is the same ticket. why the final I only have one disk when I install them.
what I do?

Last edited by enol,

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question and it is the following. if for two games it is game.gcm and disc2.gcm. when I generate them I have the impression that I overwrote disk one or two because it is the same ticket. why the final I only have one disk when I install them.
what I do?

Nintendont is supposed to detect and handle disc swapping. I'm not sure how it works, as I haven't played a mukti-disc game to the point of it needing to change discs yet.

EDIT: In other words, play the game as normal, and it should just work. And the directory of the injected game for a multi-disc gamecube game should be about 2.8ish gb after running the injector.

Last edited by bottmint,

roukxwel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Edit:

Mario Wii kart + the Wiimmfi patch works fine
on the other hand Project M I have the error 20100.

I did delete the backup on the nand

but I cross that the trouble comes from the registration of the friend code

http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

Edit: Project M works too, you just had to apply the Wiimmfi patch.

For more information
https://smashboards.com/threads/gui...ccasional-server-issues-are-temporary.355374/

Last edited by roukxwel,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

enol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont is supposed to detect and handle disc swapping. I'm not sure how it works, as I haven't played a mukti-disc game to the point of it needing to change discs yet.

EDIT: In other words, play the game as normal, and it should just work. And the directory of the injected game for a multi-disc gamecube game should be about 2.8ish gb after running the injector.
Well I do not understand it, only one compiles me xd

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do not understand it, only one compiles me xd

Right. If you right-click on the finished directory, it should be slightly larger than the 2 discs combined. Or however many discs the game has. The injector puts both discs in one file for you to install. The program that actually runs the games (nintendont) knows that there are 2 discs and should take care of switching the discs when it needs to.

If I understand your concerns correctly, it's that there's just one directory when you put game.gcm and disc2.gcm into the injector and run it. That's normal, as far as I know.

Reactions: enol

missionfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I do?
To to 'Optional source files' to add the second disc.

Lava1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got curious and made the vwii nand title launcher go to a homebrew app forwarder and it does not work it anyone wanted to try this it may not work!

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamepad emulation doesn't seem to work right with Castlevania Rebirth. I've tried both Horizontal Wiimote and Classic Controller emulation and both malfunction during gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu