[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Goloki

Goloki Proud TX Suporter... LOL!

Nov 24, 2006
    United States
    That's a bummer to hear. My main reason for wanting GC VC was to be able to just open the game and play, without having to go through menus and using the Wiimote.

Well, I guess I better start learning to play with the gamepad, or else I'll have to go back to using a regular (non Wii VC-inject) Nintendont forwarder.

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So you'd rather they don't have a standalone Wii U port of PCSX with better graphics/SPU plugins or N64 emulation with higher compatibility? I'm not trying to be ungrateful, I would think the few Wii U developers that are reading this thread will just decide not to bother at all. That's all I was saying. WiiSX and Not64 are fantastic with the full clock speed, it's just the emulators at their core, are fundamentally in need of improvement. That's all. If the screen tearing can be fixed, that would be a big improvement, it was disabled in WiiSX to help Wii performance.

uyjulian, desvamp and ShadowOne333 like this.
  3. TeconMoon
    OP

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Alright version 2.2.0 has been released in the OP with the following changes:

## [2.2.0] = 2017-09-30
    • Added c2w patching support (REQUIRES patched titles to be installed to NAND launched with sign_c2w_patcher)
    • Replaced nintendont forwarders with v1.2
    • Replaced NUSPacker with FIX94's fork
    • Called all JAR files using java -jar instead of assuming that Windows file associations are actually correct
    • Added Internet Check before trying to use JNUSTool to prevent failures and more substantial checks for if all source files downloaded by JNUSTool actually exists
    • Merged Standard logging with Error logging
    • Cleaned up unnecessary WIT files
    Here are the basic steps for injecting homebrew and patching it with cafe2wii
    1. Place your boot.dol in the SOURCE_FILES folder alongside your icon and banner.
    2. Run the script, after you're asked for your title and publisher you will be asked if you want to patch your title with c2w, choose y for yes.
    3. You will be asked for the Wii U Starbuck Ancast Key if it hasn't been provided or is wrong.
    4. The rest of the script will run as normal, after source files have been downloaded by JNUSTool you'll need to accept an admin prompt for c2w_patcher to patch the necessary files.
    Some things to keep in mind:
    • Your resulting title MUST be installed to NAND, it won't run from USB
    • You need to launch sign_c2w_patcher before launching your title. It can be run from HBL, the HBL Channel, or even sneaked in alongside CBHC
    As always thanks to @FIX94 for doing all the actual real work, the heavy lifting.

[​IMG]

Also someone let me know if Spyro the Dragon ever works in WiiSXR :rofl2:

Last edited by TeconMoon, Sep 30, 2017
    uyjulian, cucholix, zeldaism and 6 others like this.
  4. Tyson TH

Tyson TH GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Inkopolis
    So I'm trying to pack this one game and all of sudden everytime I finish installing and play it, it emulates the Wii Remote with the GamePad instead of the Classic Controller, I've already packed it twice making sure I specified to emulate the Classic Controller but it still ends up using the Wii Remote config for the GamePad every time I install it.

5. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    This points to SD://apps/wiisxr/boot.dol right? Does anyone have a Not64 forwarder? I know there was one linked here, but I can't seem to find it.

6. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    What game? I can not emphasize enough that many games don't work well with GamePad controller emulation, even if they say they support the classic controller.

7. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    @KhaderWelaye your script 'scrubs' or truncates the .wbfs file with wit so the end result is less than the 4.(whatever) gb disc size .. i dont always use the script and i was wondering what the wit command was to shrink the game to 'scrub' size that you use , since i think i fail in 'shrinkin' the game when i do it

8. Tyson TH

Tyson TH GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Inkopolis
    Sonic Colors. I guess I just find it odd that it's emulating a Wii Remote scheme, but if it's really a case of it just not being incompatible then that's fine.

9. aarti

aarti GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    Brawl345 likes this.
  10. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    First the script uses wbfs_file to convert the WBFS file to ISO (it seems to handle bad WBFS files better than WIT) and then runs a command to unpack and repack the ISO.

The repacked ISO is still 4.7GB, but it's aligned properly so when it's converted with NFS2ISO2NFS the resulting NFS files only take up the space they need.

So here's the process it would go through:
    Code:
    wbfs_file.exe sourcegame.wbfs convert temp.iso
    wit.exe extract temp.iso --DEST TEMP --psel data -vv1
    wit.exe copy TEMP --DEST game.iso -ovv --links --iso
    Then shove the resulting game.iso file through NFS2ISO2NFS. An important part of this is that WIT is only looking for and using the Data partition, as last I checked NFS2ISO2NFS can only handle one partition.

Last edited by TeconMoon, Sep 30, 2017
    markehmus likes this.
  11. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    thank you for this , i looked at the script with 'edit' but some % signs and stuff confuse me

12. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    Your New Script Didnt Work 4 me. Injected Wiisxr with c2w patching and i get an error code 160-2793. Also the packed install folder is smaller in size than when i manually- c2w signed- with older script

Last edited by kevinbrew, Sep 30, 2017
  13. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    If someone could test wiisxr with c2w patching and let me no if it works for them or not. thanks

14. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Post logs plz

15. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      87.1 KB
      Views:
  16. TeconMoon
    OP

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    @kevinbrew
    WIT failed to pack your ISO completely which resulted in a corrupt ISO, and then failed to extract the Ticket and TMD from it afterwards.

The error indicated by WIT is that there's not sufficient space on your local drive.

it: Wiimms ISO Tool v3.00a r7387 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2017-08-13

1 object scanned, 1 supported file found ...
    1 object scanned, 1 supported file found.
    * COPY/SCRUB 1/1 FST:TEMP -> ISO:WORKINGDIR/content/game.iso
    !! wit: ERROR #86 [WRITE FILE FAILED] in SetSizeSF() @ src/lib-sf.c#1777
    !! Set file size failed [F=4,4699979776]:
    !! WORKINGDIR/content/.game.iso.yhhnwJ.tmp
    !! -> No space left on device [28]
    16% copied in 0:02 (0.0 MiB/sec) -> ETA 0:14
    1 MiB copied in 0:02, 0.2 MiB/sec

17. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    Yes my space on HDD is indeed low. thanks will clean up my computer and get back to you. thanks for the script:):)

18. Vassall89

Vassall89 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Works fine for me I’m testing crash bandicoot and man it’s amazing thanks fix94 and khaderwelaye

19. linkchidori

linkchidori Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2013
    Mexico
    Im trying to use the WiiSX Forwarder on my Wii U, but even though i press yes when asked about using the gamepad, im not able to use it, it doesnt detect any controller, does someone knows how to fix it?

20. kevinbrew

kevinbrew GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2016
    Thanks for help its working now.