Official [RELEASE] WiiU2HBC a hbl2hbc Forwarder Channel

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by brienj, Jan 5, 2017.

1. xtreemsurf

xtreemsurf GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I recently (yesterday) did something similar using Haxchi w/ custom icons. It was pretty simple to do on the computer before copying the Haxchi directory to my Wii U SD. Check out the Haxchi thread and the readme. Just be careful to use it on a DS game where CBHC isn't installed.

2. froggydarren

froggydarren GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    got this working and all i can say is thank you :) makes booting into GC games soooo much quicker :) manged to get T3KNOSIS icon pack working and was wondering has anyone got a nice clean gamecube icon pack i could ftp and use at all? i only use usb loader for GC games and my OCD is getting the better of me lol....

3. bixxewoscht

bixxewoscht GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi and thanks for the nice looking USB Loader GX Forwarder.

Only a small issue I have, when using hbl2hbc the tablet screen is always on in vWii mode even if the last time i went to vWii the normal way I chose just TV.

I don't need the tablet screen in vWii mode so its just a waste of battery.

4. junioresp

junioresp Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    Brazil
    How can i change the ID to install it multiple times? and how i edit the boot logo? i have no idea how to use ftpiiu

5. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    Can anyone share a small tutorial on how to install these forwarders? I want to install the cfg usbloader one but I do not know how

6. bixxewoscht

bixxewoscht GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Just download the Package for CFG USB Loader and install it with WUP Installer GX2 like any other Wii U game

7. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    Where is that package? I only found the meta files...

8. Frostbite189

Frostbite189 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2015
    Mexico
    Can you help me???
    What's the config.txt code to load nintendont into 16:9 frame ratio???

Because when I load it, it boots with two black bars on the sides

9. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    so with this, how hard would it be to clone using a different titleID, different app path to hbl2hbc and having one for each thing you want to forward to?

For example, following this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hbl2hbc-v1-1-boot-from-wiiu-hbl-into-vwii-hbc.455673/page-7#post-7115581 we can create multiple hb apps using different sd:/file.txt

so something like this:

default:
    sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2hbc/hbl2hbc.elf using config here: sd:/hbl2hbc.txt

cloned:
    sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2usbloadergx/hbl2usbloadergx.elf using config here: sd:/hbl2usb.txt

more examples:
    sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2wiiflow/hbl2wiiflow.elf using config here: sd:/hbl2wii.txt
    sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2cfgloader/hbl2cfgloader.elf using config here: sd:/hbl2cfg.txt
    sd:/wiiu/apps/hbl2nintendont/hbl2nintendont.elf using config here: sd:/hbl2gcn.txt

How hard is it to create a forwarder channel for each of these? This can be accomplished using haxchi, but that's a much riskier approach if you use cbhc

eipok likes this.
  10. Justinpufdbj

Justinpufdbj Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    I have hbl2hbc directed to Wiiflow and I am sure that the channel will do the same. However, I am wondering if there is a way to change the installed logo to a wiiflow icon. Any ideas?

11. 2ericcannon

2ericcannon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    Has anyone created forwarders with icons and loader screens for the emulators such as fceux, Snesgx, Genplus, vbagx, and Hugo that you wouldn't mind sharing? I would really appreciate it

tatundria likes this.
  12. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Forwarders as in what exactly?
    Wii has forwarders, it has wii flow, riivolution, and the emulator forwarder channel installer.

13. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @brienj @dj_skual thanks for the channels, finally got around to install some!

Is it possible to build a tool to create custom channels?

Something to allow you to combine an RPX, TGA's and a title ID into your own channel?

For example I have the shut down RPX and thought it would be good to be able to build it into a channel, however I don't know even where to start (?).

(That example is super useless I know... what with the power button being on the pad already... but.. ya'know: knowledge is power)

14. 2ericcannon

2ericcannon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    United States
    I'm actually talking about the haxchi hack for modifying Nintendo ds games and turning them into forwarders straight from the Wii U menu to a specific vwii app such as Wiiflow or cfgusb. I was asking if someone has created these kind of forwarders with icons and loader screens for the emulators such as fceux, Snesgx, Genplus, vbagx, and Hugo that they wouldn't mind sharing?

tatundria likes this.
  15. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    Any chance to make cfg usb loader compatible with Wii U gamepad like Nintendont?

WiisleyU likes this.
  16. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    I prefer Load GameCube games through USB Loader GX, is there a way to install on Wii U and reach the GC games on my SD with GamePad?

wflygm and tatundria like this.
  17. eipok

eipok GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2017
    Spain

I am having the same need as I can't have both USB Loader GX and HBC2HBL forwarders installed at the same time. One overwrites the another...

I have tried to create an injection of USB Loader GX but it doesn't work well...Doesnt recognize the USB with WII games and other stuff...

Therefore, can someone create this forwarder with a totally different title id compared to the USB Loader GX one from this post? https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

18. DitDit

DitDit Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have made a new version of the boot-up images as they weren't HD. I know it's different, but it's HD soooooo ye.

Attached Files:

• TGAs.zip
      File size:
      235.6 KB
      Views:
  19. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's a WiiU Title to launch Wii homebrew channel.
    it's not for WiiU homebrew.

20. swankerme

swankerme Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    United States
    I have installed the WiiU2HBC forwarder, and I have it routed to my WiiFlow app. Works perfectly.

I am trying to change all the icons to the beautiful "Wii/Gamecube" icons posted on page 3 by T3KNOSIS. I successfully connected via ftpiiU everwhere and replaced the TGAs and the Meta.

After a restart, the icon is successfully changed, but it freezes up the system when clicked.

If I replace just the TGAs, not the meta, same thing - it freezes up the system.

Any idea how I can incorporate these icons and keep the forwarder working?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted